“Give this Property a Try”

Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Recently I was driving west from St. Louis to Omaha. The hour was getting late and I was looking for a reasonable place to spend the night. The first Holiday Inn, just outside of St. Louis wanted $147.00 and it was 8 PM. As I approached Columbia, I tried both the Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn. Sadly both were sold out. As I headed west and approached Booneville I was glad to see the Holiday Inn Express logo. With the AAA rate my room was only $89.00 with tax. I was pleased as the 10 o’clock hour approached.

The clerk was friendly. He oriented me to the hotel. Told me that the only ice machine was on the first floor. Pointed me to the elevator and let me know when breakfast started. The elevator is a bit old and showing it’s age. It’s somewhat jerky movement does make the ride a bit concerning.

I was unaware that Holiday Inn Express in not a smoke free property. As I walked to my non-smoking room I could smell, not strongly, an odd odor in the hall. I later decided that odor was smoke. The rooms towards the end of the hall were smoking rooms. As I opened my room I found it clean. That smoke like smell lingered in the bathroom and the area near the door.

Overall I enjoyed the room and my sleep. It was 10:15 when I got to the room. I did not hear the sounds of other guests. The room had a flat screen TV, small fridge, and microwave. There was also a coffee/tea maker. To my surprise I found you could open the window. You could open it about three inches which allowed me to listen to the sound of the rain as I slept. I arrived in the dark and left in the dark so I don’t know what kind of view I had.

I awoke around 5:30 and showered. Shortly after I showered I could hear the guest next door showering. The sound was not loud but I am not sure if I would have slept through the sound. The breakfast food smelled good. Typically I am not a big fan of this type of breakfast. But I found the gravy, biscuits, eggs, and bacon hot. The coffee was also hot. The man setting up the breakfast area was talkative and nice.

Though my stay was brief I was comfortable and enjoyed the room. I had a good night’s sleep. The smell of smoke in the hall and bathroom did bother me when I was in those areas. For the price, I thought I did well.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask for a room as far away from the smoking rooms as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RPWORLD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boonville, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear RPWORLD,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is REALLY well run. We had a wedding party staying in a block of rooms and everyone said the same thing; To a person, the staff were friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Even at 2am when we needed to clean up a mess, the staff on duty was friendly and understanding and helpful. Amazing. Breakfast bar was terrific. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable and good breakfast. We were staying here the first night of our bike ride of the Katy Trail. Unfortunately, the desk didn't know where to tell us to exit the trail to get to the hotel. The trail head is NOT a good place. There is a split 2.7 miles west of the Boonville Trailhead. It has a little crossbeam, but doesn't say where it goes. There is a wooden trail sign, but it just says "Community Services" or something like that and gives some general info. This is where you want to get off. Go up the hill, behind a warehouse?, up Industrial Drive, past the truck stop - when you get to the top of the hill, you can see where you are. There is a Comfort Inn, Arby's and then the Holiday Inn Express.

They were very nice and let us wash the bikes outside and store them in the maintenance room. We definitely used the washer and dryer (small fee).

The breakfast had a nice variety of items to choose from the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked a 2 queen suite and were very surprised to find that unlike other hotels the sofa sleeper was in a little alcove off of the main room. The room was clean, spacious and perfect for two sisters traveling with their elderly mother. This room would also be great for a family with several children. The breakfast was excellent! The staff was very helpful in suggesting things to do and nearby food choices. The pool was a little too cool for my tastes but the hot tub was great.

Room Tip: Ask for the queen suite if you need more room. It's not easy to find on the website. I was tol...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were delighted to be accommodated at short notice by the manager. The hotel and facilities were all nice, we even had a great view from our room! He didn't recommend anything from the town for us, but we drove down for an evening walk. The little town is awesome, historical, atmospheric, a casino if that's your thing, a path by the river, nice bars, worth a look on your way through.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Holiday Inns never disappoint and seem to raise the bar every time I stay at one. The price is always a steal for what you get in return. The service was fantastic; the name slipped my mind but it was an older gentleman who was awesome! He greeted me outside the hotel right away and knew exactly who I was and what room I had. He was very upbeat and it was definitely what I needed after a ball game and 7 hrs of driving to wake me up. He gave me all the info I needed about the hotel before asking and he deserves a raise haha. The room as well was great; conveniently located on the 1st floor next to the side door. It had a jaccuzi, king bed, mini living room, and 2 TVs. Wasnt expecting it all! Wendy's and Arby's within seconds of driving and it was an excellent stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well…. we were allowed to check in early, which was very nice. We had a few other not so nice surprises here however. The room of course smelled moldy. The tile baseboard in the bathroom was black on top. Black. Lots of dirt in the corners, and soapy looking scum on the shower wall, popcorn on the floor. So then you feel like the whole room is dirty. We were out and came back later that night, folded back the sheets and low and behold – a spot of blood on our sheets! So we pulled those off to go get new ones and oh my! Funky yellow spots on the mattress pad! SO GROSS!!!!! We were given clean sheets and mattress pad and tried to sleep but ick. In the morning, turned on the light and there was a big spider hanging over the desk area. Opened the curtains and there was mold growing above the window – the source of the smell! Not hard to find. The breakfast area was messy and the person in charge was sitting in the back room talking/complaining. This happened to be the same person who was cleaning rooms in our section of the hotel when we arrived…of course not sure if she was the one who “cleaned” ours, but when we left, she was standing in the back kitchen area with her arms crossed – while things were left untended. Did it pass my white sock test? I will let you be the judge of that. I don’t know how it got such high reviews, I certainly can’t give them one after our experience there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boonville, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear MNClean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness of your room. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Comfort Inn Boonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
#7 of 36 in Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boonville? Share your experiences!