“It's Not Polite to Brag!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Boonville

Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Jacksonville
“It's Not Polite to Brag!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've stayed here many times since 2011 and I can't believe I haven't already reviewed this hotel already. I guess you can thank the blizzard up here in Jamestown ND for catching up on my reviews.

This hotel is excellent!!! The staff has always been personalble and attentive. The rooms have always been excellent. The beds are heavenly. The bathrooms are excellent. The internet connection is perfect. Trucks park in the street which is fine.

I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I prefer Holiday Inn Express hotels and look for them when I'm on the road. So I was delighted to find this little gem of a Holiday Inn Express just off the interstate. The room was immaculately clean, well appointed and very comfortable. I lacked for nothing when staying here and the room had many nice amenities that made my stay a pleasure. I spent a very restful night here and have nothing but praise for this hotel and its staff..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good, with both hot and cold selections, and the wonderfull trademark cinnamon rolls. The hotel was full because of a Mizzou home football game in Columbia that weekend. The only complaint we had is that there was no place to sit in the breakfast area, not near enough tables for a full house crowd at the prime eating times. People were perching at counters, sitting on couches, standing with their plates. We were lucky to at least find a seat, if no table. Other than that, our experience was just fine. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I shouldn't say that this Holiday Inn Express is in the middle of nowhere. It's actually only about 25 miles west of Columbia MO; but it had so little occupancy the night I was there it is sad. The rates are very reasonable and the motel is very nice. Sal, the evening manager welcomed me and checked me in very capably and made me feel very welcomed.

My room had two queen beds, refrigerator and microwave and the motel had been updated nicely. I found out from Sal that the motel itself has been there for 13 years and the updating to the new logo and quality standards for Holiday Inn Express occurred three years ago. The room was nice as well with a new flat screen TV, heating/cooling unit, and decor.

The breakfast the next morning was delicious and regardless that the motel was closely adjacent to the Interstate highway, there was no sound heard from it in the room. Additionally, the room was quiet all evening and night for a peaceful night's sleep.

I would highly recommend this motel to anyone passing through the area and who knows, the rates will probably be lower than driving into and staying in Columbia. It's only a 20 minute drive on the interstate; well worth the costs you'll save and the quality.

Room Tip: I believe that any room would be quiet in this motel!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jerry M
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We spent two nights there during a family gathering and found it to be clean, good service, with a good breakfast. The rate was a good value. We have stayed there in the past several years ago and it actually seems to be better managed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The last night of our cross country drive, we were way too tired to face either Columbia or St Louis, so settled on Boonville (not an auspicious name). But we found professional service, a roomy, comfortable site, and a tasty breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy S
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have stayed in Boonville before, but prior to this trip, I looked at some of the reviews of other hotels and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Our trip to Boonville was for the purpose of riding the Katy Trail. The check-in was quick; the clerk was friendly. The room was great; it was clean, quiet, and large enough for our bikes! The bed was very comfortable. The water was soft (always a plus for this reviewer). Breakfast was typical continental breakfast food; the breakfast area was clean and quiet. My only complaint was that the clerk did not know how to get to the trail from the hotel. There was a general map of the area, but it was not until we rode into town on a busy highway that we found that the trail actually was very close. Signs on the roadway would have helped. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first and second floor are non-smoking. Smoking only on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Comfort Inn Boonville
#5 of 7 in Boonville
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia
Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boonville? Share your experiences!