Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
$94
$77
Travelocity
$80
All reviewstable gamesbreakfast buffettraveling thrulimited selectionfree wifiroom was largenegative reviewskansas city and stfront desk staffnon smokingbeds were very comfortablemissouri riverslotsvaletdealersnoahweekday
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were drawn to the Farmers Pick Buffet in hopes of having a showcase of the best of mid-Missouri regional farm products. We were extremely disappointed. My wife and I have both grown up enjoying Central Dairy and Burgers Smokehouse products and we are very surprised these established, popular, successful businesses agreed to allow Isle of Capri to use their names in advertising and promotion. We didn't see anything that was from Burgers and only saw that the cottage cheese and the soft serve ice milk were from Central Dairy, and let me tell you the soft serve was a very weak imitation of the great Central Dairy ice cream we all know and love. The quality of the food was below average; most everything was below average. We will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MoBiker
Andy H, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

MoBiker-Thank you so much for visiting us and for taking the time to review our Farmer's Pick Buffet. I am very sorry you were dissappointed with our selection of Central Dairy and Burger's Smokehouse items. Burger's Smokehouse items are not used every day, but they are used frequently on the buffet line.

As far as Central Dairy products go, we use Central Dairy products in many of our dishes that we serve everyday. Any item that calls for milk, cream, etc, we use Central Dairy brand products. I realize you only saw the cottage cheese and ice cream because those are end products provided by Central Dairy, but we use Central Dairy products in many of the dishes you see on the buffet. We also use central dairy sour cream as a direct end product that you can use as a condiment. Each dish that is or uses a local product is noted by a special tag that names the provider. I hope you will give us another shot and visit us again soon! If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact me directly at andrew.hays@islecorp.com.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Food temp was poor. Some of the dishes look very dry like they had been on buffet for sometime. The only person who ask how my eveing was going was the man putting clean bowls and spoons out by the ice cream machine I think he was the dish washer. Also you could improve on how you silver ware looks all water spotted .

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank AGMS1980
Andy H, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Farmer's Pick buffet. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience dining with us. I have met with our food and beverage staff about the issues you mentioned so we can work on those areas. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at isleofcapribv@islecorp.com. I hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at the Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino in Boonville, Missouri, for three nights. What a big time bargain it was. The rates were more than reasonable and the room was first class, all the way. It was a very large room with a sitting area with two upholstered chairs and a table in addition to a desk and chair. The lighting was perfect but it was the bed that we loved the most. When we laid down at night we fell asleep almost instantly due to the very comfortable mattress with the wonderful pillow top mattress. It was one of the best night's sleep I ever got at a hotel. And the whole place was white glove spotless clean. Might want to mention that the slot machines in the casino downstairs were loosy goosy too. We very much enjoyed our stay there and ate at their Farmer's Market every day for dinner. The food was excellent!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianeSt-Louis
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thanks for the review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and Farmer's Pick Buffet. I hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Wanting a change from the usual coffee shops and fast food joints traveling across I-70 in Missouri, I had the pleasure of visiting the Buffet at the Isle of Capri Casino in Boonville Missouri. I arrived for dinner at about 5 PM on a Friday. All of the food stations were well maintained and there were a lot of attendants actively ensuring that the food was properly presented. Although mountains of King Crab legs were being served as the star menu item, there were numerous carving stations with several other fine selections that included Steak, Ham, and Turkey . All was well prepared and nicely presented. The dessert bar and the items presented there were really nice. The server was attentive and checked on my progress many times. I am really looking forward to stopping there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thanks for the review! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed Farmer's Pick Buffet. I hope we'll see you again when you visit Missouri.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary. Their rooms were the cleanest, the roomiest and the most reasonable we stayed in the whole time we were traveling from Colorado to Virginia this month. Every employee (team member) was attentive, friendly and looking out for our needs and comfort, at the buffet, in the casino, at the hotel desk, on the grounds or in the hallways there were smiles and greetings. I would recommend this oasis to anyone traveling across the country or as a final destination to celebrate a special occasion. We had so much fun, thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it was a welcome respite from the rigors of everyday life in the USA. The food is great here, the slots are loose and the whole atmosphere is inviting and so welcoming and friendly.

Room Tip: The king size beds are so comfortable and the bathrooms are so roomy, handicapped king rooms are especially convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family