“Great Place to stay!!”
Review of Victorian Veranda

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bonne Terre
Victorian Veranda
Ranked #1 of 2 Bonne Terre B&B and Inns
Missouri
“Great Place to stay!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I always wonder when reading reviews as to the writers attachment to the establishment. This is my first review here, and I can assure you I have no connection with the owners of this great B&B. My wife and I originally wanted to stay in Hermann, MO for the weekend, but everything was booked, so after a quick internet search, I ended up finding this place. I didn't find much information, but we booked it anyway.
When we arrived we were greeted by the couple that runs the place, and with the little knowledge they got from me off the phone instantly made my wife and I feel like we had known them for years. We were shown what they had to offer as far as refreshments and a tour of the home. Then we were shown to the room. We stayed in the smallest room there, and it was still a very pleasant stay. The food was outstanding. If you are in the area and wish to stay at a place that is close to a lot of unique Missouri history and love the outdoors, this is your place. One negative I have is the "Italian restaurant" across the street which was extremely smoky, with average food. I would avoid this restaurant, and look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Families
S.W. Missouri
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Me and my wife stopped by on the way back from buisness in St. louis Mo. We decided if we had to cross the state we might as well make a romantic weekend of it.

So I arranged a stay at the veranda at the last min. (a couple of days before.)

Karen and Galen were a very nice couple who went out of their way to make for us a nice restful stay.

I can't think of a detail they might have missed.

karen is a wonderful cook and breakfast was great!

They had very nice therapy tubs in all the rooms and the house was so warm and inviting we hated to leave.

We will defintley go back again.

• Liked — The restful atmoshpere
  • Disliked — The owner's are thinking about retireing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank roamingromace
KC MO
Reviewed June 19, 2008

The Victorian Veranda is an absolute charmer. The owners, Karen and Galen, are a sweet couple who welcome you with open arms into their beautifully and meticulously restored home right in the center of town. My room was on the second floor with its own jacuzzi tub, great views and a wonderfully comfortable bed. The colors and decoration in the rooms are fantastic, soothing and pleasant to look at. The rooms are all squeaky clean with every amenity you might need - even choclates and bottled water! Breakfast was abundant, hot and delicious - Karen is a wonderful cook! She also will spend time chatting with you over breakfast, which is great when you are a lonely business traveler on the road. I've stayed here twice for business and look forward to returning to the area with my husband for a romantic weekend away. 5 stars!

• Liked — The room!
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
#1 of 6 in Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Timber Creek Resort
Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast

Been to Victorian Veranda? Share your experiences!