“Best Buffet In The Area”
Review of Homestead

Homestead
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Bonne Terre
Cuisines: American
“Best Buffet In The Area”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I am not a buffet person in general but this one is good. It's not one of these mega buffets but If you like home style cooking, this is the place for you. They are famous do their fried chicken and also have excellent catfish. Their sides are not all that exciting but they get me by. Go for the stewed tomatoes, they are my favorite and the green been casorole is very good when they have have it. They have the best cobblers ever. I have been just about everywhere, and I'm still not sure I've had a blackberry cobbler any better. The apple is also top notch, and I would probably say so is their peach but I'm not a fan. Don't judge the peach cobbler by me, I don't like anybody's and I really like peaches. Just not as a cobbler. Weird. Also, they are one of the only places I know to get butterscotch pudding on a fairly regular basis. That's a guilty pleasure of mine, although it's not guaranteed to be there. Before you get the idea that I am a 350 lb dessert addict, let me say that honestly the salad bar is always a highlight for me her. Almost always fresh lettuce and good ranch dressing with plenty of toppings, I never skip it.

Woodland Park, Colorado
“Good Home Cooking”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food was good old down home cooking.
Service was excellent.
It is buffet and is kept stocked with freshly prepared fixings

Visited December 2012
Bonne Terre, Missouri
“Home Cooking at it's Best”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff at Homestead keep the food fresh and is all well prepared homestyle cooking. If you want a good meal try it.

Visited November 2012
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Simple buffet in Bonne Terre”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stopped by for lunch. This place offers a buffet only for lunch. It was all OK, typical of southern cooked food. They had fried chicken, potatoes and gravy, corn, vegetables. The desert section was pretty full. The price is good. The problem is that there are other better restaurants nearby so don't waste your time here.

• Visited December 2012