“Great Mom and Pop type pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mario's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Bonne Terre, Missouri
“Great Mom and Pop type pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recently changed hands and the service and food quality are greatly improved. Be sure to order a pizza and plan to have left overs. The "garlic knots" are still poor quality. The appear to have been misted with water and rolled in parmesian. Tough and rubbery, wet surface. We gave these a $5 chance twice- waste both times, but the pizza rocks!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank letsgo12345

Kansas City, Missouri
“I would have loved to have tried the pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went in for a pizza. We ordered some cheese bread for an appetizer, it was delicious. We also ordered a pizza. Half cheese and the other half with pepperoni and beef. Light in the sauce. After eating the delicious cheese bread and waiting a few minutes someone came out to inform us that they made the pizza wrong and wee putting in a new one. All good no problem. After about another 15 minutes the waitress came and told us that they made the pizza incorrectly again. We were out of time and had to leave. They did not charge us for the bread or drinks and appeared genuine in their apology. I wish we could have tried the pizza.

• Visited June 2013
Novi, Michigan
“Better now than it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The only thing worth eating in my opinion is the pizza. Other things may be better but it didn't look all that.

Visited May 2013
Festus, MO
“Mother's Day disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I vowed never to go here again due to service, but there is a new owner who has a radio commercial promising people it's better and to give them another chance. We went here for Mother's Day thinking it would be better. NOT! The place was filthy. Only table that didn't have a ripped seat was dirty. Asked if they could clean it and got a smart answer back. Waitress said they were swamped. We should have walked out then. Took 1.5 hours to get our food. People at other tables were fuming and not holding back with letting the waitresses know. An elderly couple came in who knew one of the waitresses. They received their entire meal within 15 minutes and had the same order as us, but we continued to wait for our food. Portions were small, tasted bland, and part of my meal was missing, which I never received. My fiance had a pizza and asked for a to-go box. The waitress brought a big box and said, "I know this is big, but I'm not making a smaller one". They were giving the women patrons 50% off for Mother's Day, but didn't give me one. Oh, did I mention that one waitress' mother was there eating, and she had her mother clean the tables and take the dirty dishes to the kitchen before they left the restaurant and she didn't even work there, because she couldn't figure out how to get to the kitchen. I was told by my fiance that we were never to return to this dump again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank amberghini
St. Louis
“Great Food! Reasonable Prices! Love the Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place reminds us of the "old-fashioned diner" we went to growing up! I mean that in a good way! NO BOOMING MUSIC! Good service. Large portions. It's so nice to avoid the chain restaurants! And I just love the veggie pizza! Whenever we drive to Farmington for dinner we always comment: WE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO MARIO'S!

• Visited November 2012