“Basic, sound stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bonne Terre
NW Arkansas
“Basic, sound stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

A little dated in appearance, but clean and no issues. Reliably basic, no-frills accomodations. As echoed by others, the breakfast area is pretty scarce.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stay at this property during our business trip. We completely enjoyed our stay, loved the indoor pool! The property seems a bit isolated at night because there is just one restaurant around and nothing else. That means the hotel is quite though! Breakfast was ok. Could be better though. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms were clean and quite and looked new. Breakfast was not very high class but it was enough for 60 bucks room. I would definitely come to this hotel next time we travel through bonne terre.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thank you very much.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 18, 2009

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen. The entire hotel smells like stale cigarette smoke, even the "non-smoking" rooms. The room was filthy. I would have found a different hotel if it wasn't already so late. Even $50 was too much for this room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
super8bonneterre, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
I want to apologize for your "not so nice" experience at our Motel. We have made some changes since your stay with us and are sure you would have a much better experience.

Travelers are raving about these Bonne Terre hotels

Round Lake, IL
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We stayed in room 207. The room was decent. The bad thing was that the walls seem to be paper thin. We heard plenty of noise throughout the night. Most of the noise may have been coming from the trap door in the bathroom. It apparently is quite near to the front desk area. We kept hearing buzzers, and voices. I would stay at the hotel again but definitely not in that room.

• Liked — Bathroom size
  • Disliked — Noisy paper thin walls and trap door in bathroom with a lot of noise coming from it.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Super 8 the night before diving Bonne Terre Mine. The hotel is very basic, but we were charged only $54 for a king bed, 1/2 mile from the mine.

The walls are fairly thin, but with the fan masking the sounds, it was fine.

We needed to exchange a pillow case that had a stain on it, but most everything else seemed clean.

We checked in at 8PM and were out at 6AM for the dive, so this hotel served its purpose: an economical place to stay close to the mine.

We would recommend the hotel with the caveat of understanding it is definitely not the Ritz.

• Liked — Location/Price Ratio
  • Disliked — Thin walls.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I stayed at this Super 8 on July 7th, 2007 for one night. I was in town to see a World of Outlaw sprint car event that was in Pevely, MO, which was about 40 mins away from Bonne Terre... All of the rooms in Pevely were booked and more expensive. I decided to save a lot and stay here. I was very happy with the room, it was very spacious. They have an indoor pool which was a plus, even though I did not use it. The location was right off the highway 67, the speed limit on 67 is either 65 or 70, so even though you are 20 miles to I-55, it is only minutes away...

The hotel staff was nice, this hotel is situated in an odd place though, it is in the middle of a parking lot. You are right next to the grocery store and a Subway. All rooms have interior access doors which make it safe. My room was very clean and I will be returning! Next race I want to go to at the I-55 Raceway, I will def stay here!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — I wish it was closer to I-55 than it was.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Jennifer N
Quality Inn Farmington
Quality Inn Farmington
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Bonne Terre? Share your experiences!