The Greyhound Hotel
Chat Moss Hotel(Warrington)
$78
$67
Warrington Lowton(Warrington)(Great Value!)
Premier Inn Haydock Hotel(Warrington)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
$75
$55
All reviewshaydock racesnational holidayssofa bedsteam roombit datedwedding venuebusy roadovernight stayreception stafffull englishduty managercooked breakfastpintmotorway
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We booked this hotel with National Holidays and what a lovely hotel it turned out to be. The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfortable and the staff were so helpful from booking in at reception to the restaurant staff The carvery was great value for money and the Manchester tart was delicious the breakfast was good as well with something for everyone the only downside was that the food was not hot enough for me and there was no entertainment on at the hotel The reception staff went out of there way to find somewhere with entertainment for us at the foresters arms a pub close by many thanks to Kayleigh who served us in the restaurant and to everyone else. didnt have time to use the leisure facilities Maybe next time

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Spent the night here on my daughters wedding night, was a little worried that the traffic notice from the east lancs may keep us awake. Well we slept like babies, didn't hear any traffic noise,beds were the comfiest I've ever slept in a hotel, brilliant breakfast, food was lovely, couldn't fault the hotel in any way, staff were lovely, friendly, would highly recommend this hotel, well done all involved

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LancashireJellybean
HFYHManagement, Manager at The Greyhound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had a good nights sleep and enjoyed the food in our restaurant.

Your recommendation is appreciated and I will feedback these comments to the rest of the team.

Regards
Linda Tonge
Business Development Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Planned a stopover somewhere half way on our way to Blackpool. Was the first hotel I rang at around 6.30pm for same night reservation. Was quoted a price but I told the lady that a certain website was showing their rooms £10 cheaper so she agreed price match. Got a large family exec room with twin double beds. Arrived just after 11 and despite the adjacent pub stopped serving, managed to get a drink at the bar - reasonably priced. Good selection breakfast which could do with reducing the quantity made but topping up freshly more frequently. Overall a good experience and very good value for money.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We booked into this hotel as we were visiting Liverpool the following day and needed a reasonably priced hotel in a convenient place. We went with the Greyhound Hotel because its location was on the East Lancs road and it meant easy access into Liverpool. We arrived at around 9pm and checked in. The reception staff member was very friendly and helpful, and we decided we'd eat in the hotel restaurant after leaving our stuff in the room. The corridors need a bit of an update, as the decor was quite dated, and there was a bit of an odd smell. Our room was quite nice though, and nicely presented. The bed was nice and soft and the room wasn't too warm or too cold either. The bathroom was also a little bit dated and as I entered the door handle came off! I thought the pressure of the shower was a bit poor though which made me glad I wasn't washing my hair that night. I was a little worried about noise from the road, but it was minimal and certainly didn't keep me awake.

After leaving our stuff, we went downstairs for tea. The restaurant, which was joined onto the club next door, was really nicely decorated and has a pleasant atmosphere. I felt the menu choice was a bit limited though. I had a Groyhound Burger and my partner had steak frites. The meals were nice, nothing amazing but good enough for the price we paid. I felt the waiting on staff were a little unorganised and definitely got an 'end of shift' feeling from them. The woman who was serving us didn't bring us the sauces we requested and during the meal a 'merry' member of staff walked in and declared to her colleagues that she was 'smashed'. Not particularly professional!

Overall, not a bad hotel. We paid £35 for 2 adults for one night, so I think the price reflected the quality. The room was nice and it's always useful to have little perks like free WiFi, it wasn't amazing and I was a bit disappointed with the lack of professionalism from the restaurant staff. However, it was a nice stay and suited our needs for the night.

Room Tip: Good links to Manchester and Liverpool, traffic isn't too noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very disappointed, pulled the bed out to plug in my phone charger and there must have been a years worth of dirt, cobwebs and dust there! It was revolting, it is a good job I am not asthmatic because that could have caused serious problems. The dust and dirt was on the back of the bed, on the skirting board up the wall and on the carpet! Checked the other bed and it was the same! Carpet is covered in stains, some bleach others just dirty black marks, mould around the bath. I complained at reception on our way to go eat in the restaurant (we had carvery and it was fantastic). I took the manager to see the dirt and she was horrified and said that the beds should be pulled out weekly! Well they clearly had not been pulled out in months, probably over a year! She said she would sort us a refund out. On our return to the room the dust and dirt was still there, I thought someone may have come to clean it whilst we were eating. I went back to reception to be told that they had knocked £20 off the bill, this was not really satisfactory, the room should have been cleaned and as a goodwill gesture there should have been no charge! We all had a terrible nights sleep, people were banging and shouting all night and the beds were very un-comfy, they looked like they have seen better days! Thank God we only booked the one night, we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, the carvery in the restaurant is value for money and very good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends