The Greyhound Hotel
  • Restaurant
Chat Moss Hotel(Warrington)
Priceline
PremierInn.com
All reviewshaydock racesnational holidayssofa bedsteam roombit datedwedding venuebusy roadovernight stayreception stafffull englishduty managercooked breakfastpintmotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in the hotel with my partner, no qualms what so ever very nice clean room, staff on reception were lovely, only tiny problem was there was no hot water the 1st night, it was warm enough but then once mentioned it was sorted and hot again. Pub next door is lovely too, nice and quiet hotel, great location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 487Maria09
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed here and to be honest I thought it was disgusting!

I stayed in room 316, it is the furthest away no WI-FI, no hot water, no comfy bed;

I was accused of smoking in my bedroom and received a letter from the manager Rob which i couldn't help laughing at as he cant spell! I love how I am written a letter saying I have been covering up my smoke alarm when I most certainly haven't. On checkout I was asked if i enjoyed my stay and I out across my points, the receptionist glanced left at 'Rob' who just blanked the situation and walked into a back room!

I ate in the restaurant 2 nights and it was disgusting, cold in the middle but burnt, not sure how you manage that unless it is pre-cooked!

I will not be back, the greyhound has lost my business as I was looking at stayin 3 nights a week for the next few years as my office is relocating!!!

Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Don't choose any!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Madge847
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times over the last 6 months. The staff are always pleasant and the rooms are always clean. The family sized room is wonderful with tons of space- two bed + a sofa bed. Occasionally there have been problems with the shower temperature (once no matter what setting it was scolding) but someone came to fix it relatively quickly.

The disadvantage with this hotel is there are many functions so it is usually loud especially if placed on the bottom floor. The breakfast is very inconsistent. One day it was wonderful and then the next everything tasted watery. If you book online and get breakfast included or at a discounted rate then it is still worth it for the fresh juice, toast and fruit. Lastly, I once left my mobile in the room. I knew it was there and called the front desk to see if someone could check the room for me and place it aside. The front desk claimed they checked and did not find it. I went back to look myself and my phone was sitting just on the side of the bed closest to the window. One another occasion one of my colleagues left something there, we called back the and they stated it wasn't there. We knew it was there but were unable to drive back and look for it. As a result they told us to call the next day when housekeeping was in. We did and again they claimed it wasn't there.

Room Tip: The family rooms are extra large. Just make sure you don't get the old bridal suite as that has an actual key that you need to get in (which can just get annoying).
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VancouveriteKay
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed for one night,booking in was easy by very friendly and helpful staff, this is a pub on the main road with the residence behind plenty of car parking spaces.we had a carvery which was very good with generous helpings,our room had good views over nearby fields the room had all the usuall amenities was clean and tidy we heard no noice at night the bed was comfortable we certainly had a good sleep. The breakfast was excellent in fact too much, service was excellent and friendly.all the staff here were very friendly and helpfull we would certainly return we only paid £55 and that included breakfast excellent value.

Room Tip: £rooms overlooking the field
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brilin
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Excellent value for money ,good food,,friendly people

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
GreyhoundWN7, General Manager at The Greyhound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Guest

We hope to see you again in the near future

Kind Regards