“good place to stay on the go”
Review of Super 8 Bolivar

Super 8 Bolivar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bolivar
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I travel a lot and stay at the all kinds of hotel. when you working out on the road
you just need to palce to stay. i look for clean,comfortable,cheaper rate than any other
hotel in town. and this the plac ein boliver,mo. fronte desk manger is really nice.and they are always helpfull. i would recomanded this hotel to people looking for place to rest and go. thanks for helpfull staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently stayed at this Super 8 and was very impressed with the service and the room. Great value for the money spent. Breakfast was wonderful and management/front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I come to Bolivar on a weekly basis. I love staying at this Super 8. The staff always makes me feel right at home. The rooms are always very clean. I look forward to staying at this Super 8 each time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

due to being involved in a wedding In Bolivar we were forced to pick between this or a comfort in, chose super 8 due to their advertising the room with a mini fridge and microwave. our room was tiny, dark, and it FELT dirty and didn't smell any better than it felt. there were obvious stains (on DARK carpet) we had to walk around using our flip flops at all times. also, the AC didn't work on high fan and took a long time to cool off and we're thinking the filter has maybe NEVER been cleaned as any time we were actually IN the room our 8 week old son had some sort of reaction and became very congested, coughing, sneezing, gagging on his own plugged up nose and excess saliva, whenever we left the room he was fine, it was a horrible room and a horrible night. (also the beds were uncomfortable, the comforters covering the beds smelled (we took them off as soon as we got there), the pillows were nasty and lumpy, we will never never stay there again, our room was non smoking but we were obviously above or next to a room that wasn't as we could smell it near the front of the room/bathroom area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Going to a wedding at stockton lake today. Checked in at 11am a few hours before actual checkin time, that was nice, and they had a map of the lake ready for me, that was nice too. But that's where the nice stopped. Room stunk like mildew or wet dog. Then after settling in, I went back to the front desk to try and find out if there was a shorter distance to the location. The new desk clerk had no clue where she was or where the highway was, orr what direction north was, etc. Every question I asked her she would throw her hands into the air very defesnsively and say she had no idea where anything was or how to get anywhere. Ok I get it, but as a former front desk clerk, I also know that if you don't know, you try and find the answer. Finally I asked if she was the only one there, and could she find me someone who could help me.

She seemed very put out by my request, and pointed to three women smoking by the front door. Apparently housekeepers; sitting on the curb smoking, where a customer walks in. Deliah proceeded to ask them if they knew of the road I needed. 2 of the three had no clue, the third said she was from here and I showed her the map. She agreed with me that this other way was faster.

I went back in to the lobby and told Deliah I figured it out, and as a front desk clerk she should she really try and learn the main roads around here. And, she started getting angry. I said that she should be a little nicer and helpful to her customer. I said it was good, it's over, I'm fine, and to leave it at that. Ah, she couldn't do that. She had to start bad mouthing me to the housekeepers who came in to get the dirt. The funny thing was as I was walking down the hall I could hear everything they were saying. So I yelled back, " I can still hear you!" That shut them up at least until I closed my room door. Yes, I will be calling the manager later. Completely unacceptable customer service. Wow!

• Stayed: May 2012
Cheri B, Manager at Super 8 Bolivar, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

As the manager, I recall this concern vividly, I do recall addressing your concern the following morning. I was happy to give you the highway turn by turn instruction to the lake and I do apoligize for not being able to deliver you to the specific area of the lake for your event. I realize the expectation for my staff to deliver basic directions to our guests and include this in all training done for them. Also your feed back is invaulable as it gave me the opportunity to re address appropriate conduct for hotel associates at all times. Thank you! We would love to have you consider us again on your next trip to Bolivar

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed at the Super 8 off Hwy. 13 in Bolivar, MO. It is close to the highway & there's a frontage road to the hotel. It's an odd set-up & the parking lot would have been tight for a motorcoach had it been full. As it was, it worked out nicely for us. The place was clean & had a breakfast bar that was adequate. The desk help was very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We spent Thanksgiving weekend at the Super 8 and paid with cash for 2 nights. When we checked out the receipt showed credit card. I immediately pointed this out and they reasurred me that my credit card would not be used since I had paid cash. Needless to say 5 days later, Bolivar Super 8 charged 2 nights to my credit card and this caused my bank account to go into the negative!!! I called the ;manager about this and she wanted to argue with me until I told her I had the bank statement in front of me. She said she would look into it and call me back the next day and I haven't heard from her yet (3 days ago). I am going to take this to the next level so that I get reimbursed the 2 nites stay PLUS the overdraft fee of $25!!! It's just so disheartening to have a small town motel have such poor customer service! The manager says its the credit cards fault but her motel has MY money,...so either way, she just needs to refund my money and deal with the error on her own time!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank brunette9891
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolivar
Comfort Inn Bolivar
#1 of 2 in Humansville
Sunflower Resort
Sunflower Resort
#2 of 2 in Wheatland

Been to Super 8 Bolivar? Share your experiences!