“You have got to be kidding.....”
Review of Super 8 Bolivar

Super 8 Bolivar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bolivar
Kansas City, Missouri
“You have got to be kidding.....”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for my daughters graduation from SBU... the non smoking room reaked of smoke, had to complain because of allregies and they handed me a bottle of liquid freshener and said here you go, spray the curtains, comforter and carpet (excuse me?) then that night picked up the phone and it did not work, they told me to bring it down to the front desk and switch it with the one from there... (seriously??)... and finally ay 6:30 am got up and the water for my shower was freezing... called the front desk and she said, hold on, came back and said "yep, the circuit for the water hearter tripped, it'll warm up in a half hour or so (you have to be stinking kidding)... and when I asked for a reduced rate.... 20% for one of the two rooms.... when you screw that much up... 20 is a joke in my book...

I am not asking for a catered breakfast, just that they do their jobs... and if you can't make it right... I have been compensated more than that for far less.... but when you buy cheap you get treated cheap...

Do yourself a favor... there are two other choices and both we have stayed at... and both were better than this hotel... try staying at the others...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Morrilton, Arkansas
Reviewed March 22, 2011

New beds, new carpets, freshly redone rooms with nice clean bathrooms. Breakfast was good with hot waffles and pastries, Staff was very friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel for any traveler. I asked front desk that they had newly renovated.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rhksai
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My Husband and I manage a hotel near Kansas City International Airport so I know the business. I have been in the Breakfast Bar, Housekeeping, Housekeeping Executive, and Currently Front Desk Manager positions and My Husband is the General Manager. I have never stayed at a Super 8 and was going to go to the Comfort Inn next door. Upon family reccomendations I changed my mind and stayed at the Super 8 where my Grandparents and Brother were also getting rooms. The people were very nice and the price was very cheap...but you also get what you pay for. When checking in the elderly lady who checked me in was unsure of waht information she needed from me. I arrived at 11:30 on New Years Eve to check in and walked in the room and immediatly turned on the tv for the kids while I got us settled and the ball was dropping signaling it was seconds from Midnight. It took about 25 minutes to check us in. The tub was littered with hair as was the floor. Mostly pubic hair. The toilet had cigarette ashes in it. The floor had not been vacuumed. The television went fuzzy every few seconds. The heater would not work. I had to lift up on the door of the room to get it to latch at all...let alone lock. The bed was not made with a fitted sheet only a flat sheet...thich when you have two wiggly little children ages 3 and 8 the sheet doesn't stay on well and you end up sleeping on the matress. There were not enough towels place in the room. One would think if you have a room with 2 Queen size beds you would put more than 2 towels in there. When you walk into a room it is a safety hazard to not be able to turn on the light as soon as you step in the door. I had to hunt for a light that worked before my kids could see to walk in the room. In the morning my children wanted to go down for breakfast so I took them down and there were not enough places to sit. There were only 4 or 5 tables total. Thankfully there was a kind elderly couple that allowed my children to sit with them as I stood behind them. Also breakfast was not stocked well and there was about an hour before breakfast was to end and they were out of most of their bread items such as donuts and danish. The Front Desk Staff was not paying attention to this as she was behind the counter in what looked to be the laundry room eating her McDonalds sandwich. She was very polite but not very focused on her guests needs. They also willingly gave out guest information. I was speaking to my brother saying I was curious what room my Grandparents were in and they offered this information willingly without guest permission which at my property it is against policy to give out guest information even to family members without the concent of the guest in question. They also willingly told me when they had checked out as I was telling my son I was curious how long ago they left. They spoke up and said that they had been gone about an hour. For security purposes not asking the guest in question before releasing any information should be against company policy. I really wish I had not listened to my families advice this time. Next time I will know better and go to a different property.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JessicaH1109

Travelers are raving about these Bolivar hotels

FULTON
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at the Super 8 in Bolivar, MO and really enjoyed our time there! The staff were very accomodating and the rooms were extremely clean! I was somewhat upset that there was a mix up in our room arrangements as my sister was suppose to have the room right next to mine but they did not write it down as they said they would when I made my reservation months prior. Other than that, they were very friendly and went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable etc. We will stay there again and again when we visit Bolivar as all of my family are from there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank brunette9891
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolivar
Comfort Inn Bolivar
#1 of 2 in Humansville
Sunflower Resort
Sunflower Resort
#2 of 2 in Wheatland

Been to Super 8 Bolivar? Share your experiences!