“Fab lunch, Fab pub, Fab landlord”
Review of The Vane Arms

The Vane Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Sudborough
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Vane arms pub in sudbourough, on Wednesday 28th August. The pub is so warm and welcoming, the landlord greeted us with a big smile. Such a fab menu, we did not know what to have, 3 of us had burger and my daughter had gammon, egg and chips. She had food envy, till her gammon was put in front of her. It was juicy succulent, then we had food envy. I wanted to have 2 desserts but had no room, my son and daughter had a waffle for dessert. Will definitely go again and try fish and chip Friday and the curry nights. Wine list is full of amazing wines, can't wait to try

There are newer reviews for The Vane Arms

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed over for one night and had supper. The meals my colleague and I had were superb, well portioned and very well presented. The beer excellent too (Bath Ales on this occasion)
The landlord, probably one of the most welcoming landlords you could hope for, in that proper village pub way. Passionate about his pub, the food and a great host. Granted it was Tuesday and other than a few other diners and drinkers it was quiet but as a first impression there's not much better.
Rooms were clean and comfortable and whilst a full B&B offering not available (perhaps this is next) our host came forth with a splendid bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast which was made all the better by the bright sunny morning so it could be enjoyed.
If I could find one fault and it pains me to complain as a country dweller myself, would be the insomniac cockerel nearby!!

1  Thank WindymillerII
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friendly landlady and waiting staff. Treated to a birthday meal by friends who had recommended this restaurant, although quite a way out for us to travel was well worth it and will visit again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had dinner with our friends here Saturday night. The service was faultless. The landlord, waitress and chef were all helpful and entertaining. The food was very good, but I could've used a little bit more especially the veg. The pub has been refurbished which looks very nice, but almost a bit too polished. I haven't been here in 15 years and I do miss the old look. I would've hung older pictures in keeping with the age of the pub. There weren't many people here, but I put that down to it being in such a small village. I would return based on the excellent service, as I did go home very happy but sadly a bit hungry too.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have often visited this pub over the last 40years as I live locally and have always loved it here. I met up with family & a family friend who we haven't seen for over a year yesterday for lunch at The Vane Arms, there were8 of us dining, 2 of which were my children, I asked the landlord if he had a high hair for my baby to which I was greeted with the response that he doesn't have one & doesn't have baby changing facilities neither because it is a place for adults!!!!!!! He was rude, obnoxious & continued to talk under his breath during my following conversations with my family!!! I thanked him for his hospitality and bid farewell to my family as I was left with no choice but to leave! Terrible person to be involved with the public, we went there quite excited & were looking forward to a lovely afternoon & instead we were met with rudeness & hostility beyond comprehension! Very upsetting experience! I will never recommend this establishment whilst that moron continues to be there!

9  Thank Hilary N