“First Class”

Dining options: Reservations
Sleaford, United Kingdom
“First Class”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife and I decided to have lunch out today and after chatting to someone who had been to the The Fortescue Arms and recommended it we thought we would give it a try. And very glad we did.
We got a warm welcome and were shown to the restaurant area. We both had the goats cheese on mushroom as a starter which were very tasty. My wife had the seafood platter and I had the lamb shank for mains. The portions were very large and we both struggled to finish it. All very well cooked and the service was excellent. On top of that the prices were very acceptable. The atmosphere was very good.
We will be going back there in the not too distant future.

• Visited May 2014
FortescueArms, Manager at Fortescue Arms, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed the food & atmosphere, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

UK
“Great find”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We couldn't find any other pub open on a Sunday drive. We are glad they were closed. This pub was very busy and they were fully booked. Despite that the staff were very welcoming and managed to fit us in. The roast rib of beef was delicious and served with excellent veg. The service was exceptional. We will definitely be back

Visited May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit, We look forward to seeing you again.
UK
“Lovely pub, close to home and great value”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Visited the pub on Good Friday, had a lovely meal and fine pint of bitter. It's quite a large pub and I suggest it is more a local pub the anything else. Never the less, the service was good, the beer was fine and the food, hot, plentiful and great value for money.

• Visited April 2014
FortescueArms, Manager at Fortescue Arms, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thankyou for your lovely review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. We are a local pub/restaurant, but we are ideally placed within easy reach of Sleaford, Bourne, Grantham, Spalding, Boston, Stamford & Peterborough so we are also "Destination" which keeps us consistently busy. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Newark
“No service”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Despite purporting to serve food until 2.00pm, we turned up at 1.45pm and they refused to find even a sandwich to eat .... presumably, the kitchen had been cleaned down after the 6 people in the bar had finished their meals and our two extras weren't worth it ! In fairness, the beer was excellent, but the attitude of the staff was reprehensible.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DrDarwin
FortescueArms, Manager at Fortescue Arms, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I am sorry to read your review and learn of your dissapointment at not being able to order food on Monday lunchtime. I myself was on site and my wife was in the kitchen who assures me that it was after 2pm even though only a couple of minutes. We do regularly accept people after the 2pm deadline wherever possible, I am sorry on this occasion that we were unable to.
Thankyou for complimenting our Beer, we take pride in serving Real ales and Real Home Cooked food. I hope you will visit us again to allow us to make ammends.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Another good family meal. Portions are excellent. Good honest pub food. The only issue is the chips... as I mentioned before.... other than that this is as great place for a pub lunch

• Visited February 2014