“Best Stay and Staff Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs

Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
Central Coast, CA
“Best Stay and Staff Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

It isn’t often that we take the time to express our gratitude to the staff of a hotel, but yours is the exception! As you are aware, we traveled from the Central Coast of California to Missouri to assist and attend in the marriage of our son. There was never a doubt that we would utilize a Marriott. However, your property and staff far exceeded our expectations. I have been in the hospitality industry for over twenty years and appreciate your ability in hiring and maintaining such high quality people.
My husband raved about “Margaret” at the front desk. He told me over and over about misplacing key cards as he went back and forth between the nearly fifty rooms we occupied. Locking himself out of his room repeatedly, he would venture to the front desk where he was greeted by the staff’s smiling faces. They were always accommodating in making new keys or providing us with whatever we needed to make our stay easier. Patrick also was very accommodating to our needs. He helped out in so many situations and always with a smile. He never made us feel like we were bothering the front desk.
The housekeeping crew was equally attentive. It seemed as though we got to know them as we passed in the halls. All of them did a great job, were attentive, and went out of their way to be friendly.
Every morning we had breakfast in the dining room. Gladys was present each day and started our day off with a smile. Her service and that of each cook was outstanding! There was never a complaint, only compliments about the quality of the food and service.
Bill and Leslie, from Catering and Group Sales, were my original “set-up” contacts that made the reception and group rooms so successful. I can’t say enough for their good work.
Finally, we want to thank you for assisting us in putting this all together. You made yourself available to me when I needed help and always came through when I needed assistance with a task. I can’t thank you enough for helping to make my son’s wedding event so wonderful. I wish I could say more to thank you! Our week long stay in the snow was a blast! Now we’re back in sunny California. But our memories will last for quite some time

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2009

I found this hotel to be very clean,fresh and relaxing. The staff was personable,professional and knowledgable. On the negative side they offer an over priced breakfast buffet in the morning when most hotels in this catagory offer free breakfast. The pool is so small I thought it was a hot tub. They have a 24 hour snack markett but no ice cream. I would definatel y stay here again but next time I'll bring my own juice toast and ice cream.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank tbilll
accountant_guy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

This was a very nice hotel. New, high ceilings in the room (which was a nice surprise), great staff, great location for what I needed, nice price. The room itself was very clean, less the fact there was a faint musty smell. It almost smelled as if water had seeped in undetected (I didn't see any evidence of this). It wasn't really strong which is why housekeeping may not have detected it. I only settled in on what it was after spending some time in the room, which is why I only deducted a single circle for this. The staff was really great and I would recommend even with the minor complaint.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Wichta Ks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

I think for the price, that a free breakfast should be included. I like nothing more than toast and juice, but it was $5.95! For hot items it was $8.95. I guess they figure if you pay that much for a room in MISSOURI, you will cough up that kind of mony for breakfast.
I also expected a flat screen tv, not a older tv with the buttons broken on it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2008

My family was in residence at the hotel 6 days due to my daughter's softball team playing in a world series in Independence, MO. We had booked another local hotel but upon arrival we found that the hotel did not come close to meeting our expectations and standards for our families. Another mom and I left the hotel we had reservations with and frantically started searching for lodging for our families. After looking at five other hotels we found the Courtyard and the staff was beyond helpful. They made sure our immediate needs were met and spoke to us daily as we came in and out from our games. The housekeeper for our rooms was a wonderful older woman who did an outstanding job of working around our schedules and kids. I would highly recommend it for a family stay.

Stayed July 2008
indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

Driving from Colorado to Indiana, we wanted to stay somewhere around Kansas City, but several hotels we called en route were full. Finally, when we were getting desperate around 10 p.m., we called the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, which had an available room. The price was $109. The room, though, was dirty--hair all over the bathroom, some sort of black flaky soot over and under the bedspreads. The showerhead was missing pieces--and another piece shot out when my husband turned on the water--so we had a single stream of water. The hotel was almost full, and given the lateness of the hour, we just stayed put--but when we complained the next day at checkout, the desk clerk half-apologized and said she'd alert the housekeeping staff. Guess you can't rely on the Marriott name.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2007

We stayed here 6/20/07. The people at check-in were very friendly and businesslike. Cookies were available at check-in.

The room was large and clean with 2 queen beds (which is what we requested). The A/C was very quiet allowing for a good night's sleep. The vanity was separate from the bathroom with the tub/toilet (we prefer this).

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The sheets & pillow cases appeared to be brand new.

The hotel was 100% non-smoking which was a nice surprise.

• Liked — 100% smoke free.
  • Disliked — Everything was great.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Springs
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley
Comfort Suites Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#3 of 18 in Independence

Been to Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs? Share your experiences!