“A Mix Of Good & Bad”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Mix Of Good & Bad”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We needed to be in Blue Springs for a small family get together, and this was very convenient for us. The motel itself was nice and ALL the employees were very friendly and helpful. Our room rate did not include breakfast and we knew that ahead of time. The room itself (#438) was clean as were all the areas that we have seen. The property is a nonsmoking facility which is great. Parking was no problem. Room was ready well before normal checkin. Front desk personnel were professional and courteous. Now the bad. There was a smell of mold or mildew coming from the A/C unit. Very pronounced to my nose. We reported it and were given the oppertunity to change rooms. Went into the new room and it was worse. We decided to stay with the first room and they sent up maintanence to "fix" it. This consisted of spraying the inside grill with a lysol type of product. We left the room for a while but upon return the smell was diminished but still there. Being the Labor Day weekend we decided to stay because of all the other good attributes. Figuring trying to get other accomadations would be difficult to obtain. I think they need to steam clean all the A/C units to refresh them. Other than that we were satisfied with the stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are nonsmoking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cpldutch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Made reservations a month prior to arrival and was stuck in a room adjacent to the elevator. Not sure how but the elevator counterweight made enough noise to disturb sleep. I would not have guessed it was the elevator that made the noise but according to the desk it was a known issue. I asked to have us moved but there were no rooms available. Stay away from room 223!

What made it worse was the bedding. King mattress was NOT a pillowtop and we both agreed we should have slept on the floor. The pillows were as bad as the bed so if you have to stay here bring your own pillows.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hondasb, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I would like to apologize for your past experience at our hotel. Since receiving your comments we have made our maintenance department aware of the noise situation to see what we can do to eliminate this problem. I would be very frustrated myself if there was a noise keeping me up. Unfortunately we were sold out that night and did not have another room to move you to. Regarding the issue with the pillows we have ordered new ones and they are now in the rooms. Thank you for your comments so that we are able to address the issues and fix them to the best of our abilities. I hope you choose to give us another try in the future.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel staff had turned off the phone service which meant I was unable to get off on the right exit (called 5 times but no luck). Unfortunately, the staff apparentely was unaware until I notified them of the situation. This Courtyard has also decided to no longer provide a free breakfast. Are you kidding me??? Honestly, I'm not surprised because the place seemed to be filled at only half capacity. Other similar hotels that we stayed at were packed and breakfast was provided for free. Rather disappointing especially when traveling with kids. The rooms were fine and the place was clean and comfortable otherwise. The staff just needs to do a better job of being more helpful and attentive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night while attending a concert in Kansas City. It is a short 15 minute ride to the stadium. Room was very clean and it had a small balcony. The view from the balcony was of a roof (probably the indoor pool). Speedy check-in and check-out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stjohnbeachlover
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Friendly staff. Room had a strong musty oder I immediatly pulled out lysol & sprayed around the room.

• Stayed June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Found this lil diamond in the ruff on the internet was working in the area and just happened to find this place and call and I'm glad I did great service all of the front desk staff are more than friendly will bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied. The rooms and the facility are very clean and have Paul Mitchell amenities in there rooms along with coffee pots and fridges.beds are comfortable and plenty of hot water for showers there is a small fee for there breakfast which I did not eat because I left to early however there are several good places to eat close to hotel plus.anyone that likes to shop there are several stores close by less than a half.mile. Walmart and Target TJmaxx to name a few.when I come back to the area I will defiantly be staying here . It is also easy to get on and off interstate..
I had a room with a patio which was nice to sit out on to read.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank LEAVENONAJETPLANE65
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We had a large group of athletes and parents that traveled to the area for a weekend basketball tournament. The staff was very helpful from the moment we began planning for our stay up until after our return. The hotel was equipped with suites which are always a plus. The rooms had kitchenettes, the beds were comfortable, and overall the property and rooms were clean. A good value for the price. The free continental breakfast was good, and came in handy with the athletes. The location of the hotel, was close and convenient to our event location which was a plus. If ever in the area on buisness again, we will stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
Quality Inn Blue Springs
Quality Inn Blue Springs
#7 of 10 in Blue Springs

Been to Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs? Share your experiences!