“Clean, Quiet and Amazing Customer Service”

Days Inn Blue Springs
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Blue Springs
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and quiet with a nice flat panel television and a strong, free wireless connection. Breakfast was very good and had quite a surprising selection for this rate range. Hot waffles, Biscuits and sausage gravy, a decent selection of breakfast pastries and cereals, boiled eggs, juice,coffee and fruit, etc. The pool is sort of small but wasn't crowded and it and the hot tub are heated and indoors, so we were able to enjoy it in February. I guess it normally closes at 10pm but the night desk clerk was very friendly and he left it open a little later for us which was really nice. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The room was a little small but a great value for our week long stay.
The best part of our experience with this hotel was definitely the staff. We were greeted with friendly hellos anytime we left or returned. We were especially impressed with the woman Jamie, who checked us in. She was very professional, showing a level of customer service you rarely see at a budget hotel. She gave us suggestions for local restaurants and attractions, giving us printed map directions for each place we were interested in. She even made reservations for us at Hereford House when we showed interest in going there. (Hereford House was amazing by the way) She also gave us a list of catholic churches in the area at our request, another map and a church flier with mass hours. We were totally blown away with how she went above and beyond our expectations.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Blue Springs

Reviewed October 25, 2010

If your someone like me that reads the reviews before you stay somewhere then take it from my experience this is not somewhere you would want to waste your money on we almost got up and left in the middle of the night the smell of cigarette smoke was of an old dirty ashtray the bathroom had spider webs With Spiders and there was candy wrappers on the floor the carpet looked 30 years old with spots all over it I have three children and my children left there with sinus infections This was truly the worst place we have ever stayed

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
daysinnbluesprings, Webmaster at Days Inn Blue Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Blue Springs for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that your children experienced sinus infections and hope that they are now completely well.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Blue Springs, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

This hotel is pathetic, mostly because of the staff. It's a cheap hotel so I don't expect much as far as what the room looks like. But the service was horrible. The cable on my TV wasn't working, I called the front desk and she asked me "Do you want me to come look at it?". Uh, yeah, I want to watch TV, are you kidding me. Then my air conditioner was making loud horrible noises. It was 88 degrees outside and I needed it on. I went downstairs to ask the guy to help me out. He told me he would come look at it. He never showed up! Plus they charged me $25 to check in an hour early! I stayed the first night and left. I was suppose to stay three nights. Not to mention the room stunk. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Blue Springs for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Blue Springs. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

This place looked fine online and the reviews seemed fine, so not wanting to spend too much for a room we would only use for sleeping, we booked this hotel. BIG MISTAKE. The morning we woke up, we counted 6 bugs (alive and well) crawling around in our room. Lord only knows how many were actually in the room and crawling around while we slept. The overall property was old, worn, and dirty. What a miserable place. For the money, one can do MUCH better.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Blue Springs for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into any needed extermination.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Overall, not bad. Room looked like it was kind of pieced together and not quite finished Bathroom door had once been a pocket door and was revamped into a swinging door. Only problem was, is that was put on backwards. Had a knob screwed into the door on the outside, but none on the inside, so you couldn't close it too good. 1 outlet cover missing. Other family members rooms did not have this problem. Other than that, it was pretty good overall. Breakfast OK, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We decided to stay here while visting some family in town. We booked 2 days online so then I felt "stuck" with this hotel. The staff was friendly enough but it didn't make up for the rest of the hotel. We stayed in a queen smoking room. The room was tiny with a dorm fridge (that froze everything) crammed in so that we had to squeeze past it going in and out of the room. The shower was clean, but I had had expected a bath so we had no way to bathe our baby as he's gotten too wiggly to feel safe showering with him. I could here all hallway noise, including the little girl that repeatedly yelled up and down the hall the first night and following day and the kids running up and down the hall the floor above us on the last day. This isn't even including all the outside noise. The highway didn't even bother me as much as the cars in and out of the parking lot.. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows matched. so I didn't sleep well AT ALL and the breakfast was ok but the biscuts were cold and it wasn't until I asked if they had milk for the ceral that I was pointed to the fridge by another guest. It was a great location for what we needed a hotel , cheap and they allowed pets but that is about as good as it gets. That isn't enough of a reason to do that again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Blue Springs for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem that you encountered with the dorm fridge in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into its repair or replacement.

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests are reminded to keep their children from making undue noise and bothering their fellow guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you once again choose to stay at Days Inn Blue Springs. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed November 14, 2009

Nice rooms, nice heated pool, very good breakfast and comfortable fitness area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence

Been to Days Inn Blue Springs? Share your experiences!