“Disgusting!”

Days Inn Blue Springs
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Blue Springs
Reviewed June 27, 2010

This place looked fine online and the reviews seemed fine, so not wanting to spend too much for a room we would only use for sleeping, we booked this hotel. BIG MISTAKE. The morning we woke up, we counted 6 bugs (alive and well) crawling around in our room. Lord only knows how many were actually in the room and crawling around while we slept. The overall property was old, worn, and dirty. What a miserable place. For the money, one can do MUCH better.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
daysinnbluesprings, Webmaster at Days Inn Blue Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Blue Springs for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Blue Springs. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Overall, not bad. Room looked like it was kind of pieced together and not quite finished Bathroom door had once been a pocket door and was revamped into a swinging door. Only problem was, is that was put on backwards. Had a knob screwed into the door on the outside, but none on the inside, so you couldn't close it too good. 1 outlet cover missing. Other family members rooms did not have this problem. Other than that, it was pretty good overall. Breakfast OK, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We decided to stay here while visting some family in town. We booked 2 days online so then I felt "stuck" with this hotel. The staff was friendly enough but it didn't make up for the rest of the hotel. We stayed in a queen smoking room. The room was tiny with a dorm fridge (that froze everything) crammed in so that we had to squeeze past it going in and out of the room. The shower was clean, but I had had expected a bath so we had no way to bathe our baby as he's gotten too wiggly to feel safe showering with him. I could here all hallway noise, including the little girl that repeatedly yelled up and down the hall the first night and following day and the kids running up and down the hall the floor above us on the last day. This isn't even including all the outside noise. The highway didn't even bother me as much as the cars in and out of the parking lot.. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows matched. so I didn't sleep well AT ALL and the breakfast was ok but the biscuts were cold and it wasn't until I asked if they had milk for the ceral that I was pointed to the fridge by another guest. It was a great location for what we needed a hotel , cheap and they allowed pets but that is about as good as it gets. That isn't enough of a reason to do that again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Blue Springs for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem that you encountered with the dorm fridge in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into its repair or replacement.

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests are reminded to keep their children from making undue noise and bothering their fellow guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you once again choose to stay at Days Inn Blue Springs. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed November 14, 2009

Nice rooms, nice heated pool, very good breakfast and comfortable fitness area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Just returned from a three night stay and this hotel. It was comfortable and clean. I had a 1 queen room away from the freeway. It was quiet and I was not bothered by pets as this is a "pet friendly" hotel. Nice flat panel tv in the room. The continental breakfast was adequate. They have a waffle maker, bagels, muffins, and breads, apples, and juice and coffee. My main complaint is the lack of outlets in the rooms. The outlet(s) at the desk area is already handling tv, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. You can't even see the outlet to unplug something as the desk is built up to it. I had to charge my laptop on the vanity then move to the desk for a while then back to charge on the vanity. The carpeting is very worn and should be replaced. The pool area is very small. This is not a complaint, just an observation. I was thinking the pictures just made it look small. Not so, that is the actual size. The pool is about 7feet across and the size of our conference room table at work. The hot tub is from the makers of Dixie cup. It will fit only 3 average size adults.
This hotel was fine for what I needed and paid. Staying three nights gave me a 15% discount so it ended up being $49/night. I don't think I would pay more for it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We traveled from Ky to CO stopped very late in the night right before a huge thunderstorm. There were very many travelers stopping @ the same time. The parking lot was pretty full. Ck in took longer than I expected, not quite fast. Was ackward and difficult hauling the luggage in from parking lot, had to walk 1/2 way around the building. Room was one queen bed and very small bathroom. Clean room, clean linens. Not bad for the money, which was $49 with AAA discount/rate. It was a bit noisy, we could hear some noises, but we were so tired we didn't care. Free breakfast was adequate, but nothing spectacular. This place is an okay place to stay. The most important thing was it was CLEAN.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stayed for one night. Location was excellent being located close to all amenities. Although the staff was pleasant and the facility itself is clean, the noise from the traffic was very prominent throughout the night. While it is expected that some traffic noise would be heard for a hotel located along the Interstate, this noise at this location was especially bad. The room itself was very clean and offered generous space. The bathroom, however, was small. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family, but my advice would be to request to a room as far away from the freeway if noise bothers you. My advice to the hotel would be to replace the windows in each room, which would help seal off a lot of the noise from the freeway.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence

Been to Days Inn Blue Springs? Share your experiences!