“Perfect Stay”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was beyond my expectations. I've never stayed at a LaQuinta Inn before now. The lobby was very welcoming and so was the ladies behind the counter. It took all of 4 minutes for me to check in. The breakfast area was very clean and the staff made sure we did not run out of food. She was there whenever something was getting low. I was with a wedding party and we all discussed how nice out stay was. The rooms were very clean. A little stuffy at first but I turned on the A/C and it's was perfect. I think it was stuffy because it was 73 degrees lol. I left the room for two hours and asked that it be clean before I return and it was cleaned. New towels, beds made and everything. I thought that was great considering I didn't give them much notice and it wasn't time for the cleaning service people to clean rooms yet. The hallways were very quite throughout the night. I love this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lesa M, Hotel Director at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

WOW!!!!! I love seeing the word "perfect!" What an awesome review and so nice of you to post for others to see.

We all remember your wedding group and I would like to say that we also enjoyed having you and your group stay with us. You were wonderful and a true pleasure.

Please do come back soon to see us and if we may be of assistance during your stay, never hesitate to ask.

Blue Springs, MO.
816.988.9980

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

A great stay, the room was clean and the bed was so COMFORTABLE!!!!! Had a excellent breakfast selection and was not the "cheap" selection of pastries. The only complaint I have is the television channel selections. Not many to choose from. Other than that I say "STAY" at this La Quinta.

Dear 55Jeannec,

Wow, thank you so much for this great review! We love it when our guests are happy with our property and when they feel that they have found their little "home away from home."

I would also like to report that the TV channel issue has been resolved, as we have gone with a new carrier.

Please come back and see us soon and thank you again for your time in posting this review of our property.

Blue
Springs, MO.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

After staying at a LaQuinta in another city the previous night and being very disappointed I was quite happy to see a facility more typical of the chain. The room was very comfortable and quiet; I appreciated the fact that we were close to the back door with easy access to the dog potty area. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very nice and helpful.
Oh, I agree with Terry B about the pillows. What's with all the tiny little pillows?

Dear Semimom,

Wonderful that we were able to assist you better in what you expect from the La Quinta chain.
We appreciate you taking the time to post this review and to share this experience with our TripAdvisor family & friends.

I do however apologize that your stay at another location was disappointing. We never want our guests to feel unhappy with their stay at any La Quinta location, whether it be a Corporate or Franchise property.

Please accept our apology for your experience and again we do thank you for letting our TripAdvisor Members and travelers know, that you had a great stay at our Blue Springs, MO. location.

Blue Springs, MO.
816.988-9980
Lakeville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have stayed at LaQ a lot, and my rating of "average" means only that the stay was what we expect from them on a regular basis. The room was nice, the hotel was clean and the receptionist was friendly. This is what we expect (and pretty much receive) whenever we stay at LaQuinta.

The breakfast was a typical LaQ breakfast with the same offerings as all of the other LaQ's we have stayed at. Once again, this is not a bad thing. As a matter of fact, it is rather a good thing.

The only thing different about this LaQ (and it was a pleasant surprise) was that when we checked in, the receptionist disappeared for a few seconds and then reappeared with a "goody" box. Inside the box were two bottles of water, two bags of cookies and another package of vanilla wafer type cookies. We checked in late after a long drive so the snack was very welcome.

My only concern, and it is a complaint I have had in other hotels is the bed pillows. Rather than a full size pillow, you get an assortment of smaller pillows. To me they are not at all comfortable.

Room Tip: We have seen other reviewers write that there was a lot of freeway noise. I would suggest that if y...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Terry B,

We appreciate your time in posting this review and the honesty that you have shared regarding your stay. It is always important for us to understand how we may better assist you, so when our guests are honest in their post, make suggestions and also share their experiences, it is exactly what we need to improve.

We will consider the suggestions on the pillows and we thank you for this input.

Please come back soon and let us know if we may be of assistance during your stay.

LaQuinta Inn & Suites
Blue Springs, Mo
816-988-9980
Marble Hill, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Could not have enjoyed my stay more. Staff was wonderful, and very caring. Breakfast was great every morning. I would stay here again if I needed a room in this area. Beds were very comfortable. Loved the setup with the fridge and microwave. I highly recommend this LaQuinta Inns & Suites. Please consider if staying in this area and I hope you enjoy your stay there as much as my family did. The staff went above and beyond making our stay away from home great!

Dear Vickey V,

Thank you so much for this awesome review and sharing your experience of our Blue Springs MO property. It is always wonderful for us to know that we have accomplished our goal in taking care of our valuable guests.
For us to understand exactly what we are doing right and also what areas we can improve in relies on the opinions of our guests.

Again, thank you for your time in posting this review and we hope to see you very soon.

Blue Springs, MO
colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

After a long day of driving I was really looking forward to a comfortable bed and a good night's sleep. I batted .500 with these goals. The hotel itself is located right next to the interstate in a so-so area, but it's easy to get to and there is plenty of parking. My check-in was quick and efficient and the young woman working the front desk was quite pleasant. My room was nicely appointed and very clean, but that's where the pleasantries end. I had asked for a non-smoking room, but this room had the lingering odor of cigarette smoke. It seems that they tried to mask the smell, but whatever they used was overpowering and gave me a headache. Beyond that, my room was located at the very end of the hall located right next to, you guessed it, the interstate. And it was loud! Even with the fan on you could hear the trucks downshifting. To add insult to injury, during the night the smoke detector right above my head beeped several times, which scared the crud out of me. In the morning I tried to tell the gal at the front desk that someone might want to check that detector, but she was too busy on the phone to acknowledge me. I decided to just leave, and when I come through this area again I will stay at one of the other hotels in this area. There are certainly many others to choose from. I'm disappointed, as my experiences at other La Quinta hotels were much, much better than this one.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the opposite end of the hall from the interstate!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank deezerd22
Lesa M, Hotel Director at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear deezerd22,

First of all thank you so much for taking your time in posting this review and for your honesty of your experience during your stay with us at our Blue Springs, MO. property.

Next I would like to sincerely apologize for any and all issues that you experienced and I am in hopes to possibly resolve these issues if you will allow us the opportunity.

I know that there are times when a guest or guests do smoke in a non-smoking room and our housekeeping staff are trained in doing their very best in preventing this from happening.
We are truly sorry that you were inconvenienced during your stay. Please know that this is never our intent.

We would also have been happy to have moved you to a more quiet room if we had known of your discomfort.

I am in hopes that you will contact me directly and allow us another opportunity in showing you how your stay should have been and should always be, when staying at La Quinta.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this situation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Springs
#4 of 18 in Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs? Share your experiences!