“Blue Springs not so blue”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Blue Springs not so blue”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and good services. Stayed on business trip with team and they did a nice job accommodating us and managing the billing. Little far out from main KC area but not too hard to get back to town.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here four months ago and posted it is a good hotel but do not go if you want to exercise.

I dropped in again because they have a great corporate rate.

Rooms are the same. Clean and comfortable. I appreciate that.

However, I walked into the fitness room and the treadmill had an "Out of service" sign on it. Last time I ran outside. I did not bring proper clothes to run in 20 degree weather so I decided to use their bike.

No luck. The bike was broken too.

So...great place as long a you don't care about fitness. I put it lower this time because they have not fixed this issue from four months ago.

• Stayed January 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a hotel that should get consistent five star reviews. The rooms are nice, the staff is great (especially Sherry), the internet is decent, and breakfast is actually pretty good. I recommend the biscuits and gravy and the eggs which were leaps above the La Quinta we stayed at previously on our trip.

Unfortunately there were small annoyances in every room I stayed in.

First, the internet only works when connecting to certain wifi hotspots. The "La Quinta 0" and "La Quinta 1" hotspots worked fine but "La Quinta 2", "La Quinta 2x", and "La Quinta 3" failed to connect to the internet. This was not fixed when the very helpful staff reset the connection. When successfully connected, internet speeds were decent at just under 3Mb speeds. It was usually sufficient to stream online video, but not streaming HD video.

I had to switch rooms because the fridge didn't work in the first room. In the second room the fridge worked but was dirty. Sherry worked to ensure I was happy but cleaning room fridges shouldn't be the job of the front desk.

Also, as with my previous stay in a La Quinta, the lack of a fan our ventilation in the bathroom is a pain in the nose. If using the restroom for #2, it's best to use the lobby bathroom unless you want to smell it all night.

Overall though it was a great stay. Inexpensive, awesome location near everything, and super comfortable beds. The sleep function on the TV was a welcome change from the La Quinta we stayed in earlier on our trip.

Note: The treadmill was out of order during my stay.

Awesome staff can overcome nit picks and this hotel has great staff in spades.

• Stayed December 2012
Lesa M, Hotel Director at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear carraig,

Thank you so much for your honest and thorough review. We take the suggestions and opinions of our valued guests, very seriously and it is reviews like yours that help us to better understand what needs to be addressed.

We also appreciate the fact that you give such high regard to our staff here at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs, MO. and that you even mentioned one of our staff members names. Sherry is a wonderful addition to our La Quinta family, as all of our staff are and she does go above and beyond to ensure our guest a safe and comfortable stay. I will make sure that she knows what you have posted and again we thank you for doing so.

Please always feel free to contact me directly if you require anything during your stays with us in Blue Springs, MO. My business cards are available at the front desk. I am always eager to assist our guests.

Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you soon.

From all of the staff at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs, MO.
"Happy New Year"

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had the La Quinta chain stereotyped as an undesirable one, but that has changed. This hotel is as nice as some of the hyatts or doubletrees I have stayed at. This hotel is on our yearly route across the country. We discovered it last year and are so glad we did. We travel with 2 small dogs and La Quinta is very welcoming to all of us. The rooms are newly renovated, feel clean, and are perfect for an overnight stay right off the interstate. It's within a few miles of a mall, target, dicks sporting goods, and a local pizza place I recommend named Tim's pizza.
Breakfast at the La Quinta: biscuits/gravy, eggs, sausage, yogurt, pastries, waffles, cereal, juice...
2 years in a row and will make a point to stay again. La Quinta, Blue Springs, MO... Keep up the good work and thank you.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank 2funsters
Dear 2funsters,

Wow, what a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughts and opinions, not only for the La Quinta brand, but also for our particular property. We very much appreciate it when we see that our guests are being taken care of and are satisfied from the time they arrive until they depart. This is the ultimate goal for our staff.

We do look forward to your next stay with us and if I may be of assistance during your next visit, please always feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you again and from the staff at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs, MO.
"Happy New Year!"

Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The exit is under construction, and the hotel exterior looks a little dingy (due to the yellow color), but the rooms were updated and spotless and the beds extremely comfortable. Great water pressure, nice little frig and microwave and new flat screen TV. The staff was fabulous -- pleasant, efficient and totally wanting everything to be perfect. Regarding the breakfast, my friend said the sausage was very good and the whole wheat toast was very good. The waffles looked nice and crisp although we did not have them. A nice touch was the bottle of water and package of Oreo cookies in the room on arrival!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank MISTEA
Lesa M, Hotel Director at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear La Quinta Traveler,

Thank you for your post and taking the time to share with us about your stay at our Blue Springs, MO. La Quinta Inn & Suites.
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience of the road construction work, but it will be completed very soon and will be a wonderful improvement for our area. We appreciate our guest's understanding and patience during this project time.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we're also very pleased to know that our staff take pride in taking care of our guests. It's always priority for you to receive excellent customer service, because you are not only a valued guest, but a welcomed one.

Please come see us again soon and let me know if I may be of assistance during your next visit.

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed November 29, 2012

great location and value---tip about the windows: the outside pretty curtains do not pull like the sheers behind them because there are BLACKOUT curtains behind the sheers, which is great! You can't readily see them so don't get frustrated if you can't pull the outside ones.
Only other thing was the free wifi access was not available in my room, so ask when you check in.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank azisalice
Lesa M, Hotel Director at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear La Quinta Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience during your stay at our Blue Springs, MO. property. We're happy to know that you did enjoy your stay, however, I am extremely sorry that your Wi-Fi was unavailable in your room. You should always receive this complimentary service during your stay with us and we would have been happy to have moved you to another room.

Please always feel free to contact me directly if you ever require anything during your next stay with us. My business cards with my contact information are always on the front desk.

Thank you again for your time and again we apologize that the Wi-Fi in the Hotel was not allowing you internet access in your room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Springs
#4 of 18 in Independence
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs? Share your experiences!