“Step up the service please”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Skylight Restaurant & Sports Bar
Cuisines: Asian
Description: they also offer American and Italian dishes. What diverse choices!
Description: they also offer American and Italian dishes. What diverse choices!
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Step up the service please”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ok so I have been here three times and it is the same every time. We stand around waiting to be seated like nobody sees us. And the kicker is that they are NEVER busy. At least not when
I've been.

Positive:
The one redeeming thing about this place is the Italian nachos. I think they are the only reason I go back. Try them they are delish!
And they have a small patio

Negatives:
Super loud music early in the day. (I'm all for it in the evening)
Awful service
The menu is all over the place too. Asian food, Italian food, burgers, it just doesn't make any sense.

• Visited April 2013

Kansas City area
“Beware, cheap drinks but TERRIBLE Food”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been going to the Skylight for over two years, each time trying to see if they are getting their act together....well, they are not! I admit that they have a lot of beer and drink specials and for drinks only it isn't a bad place to go to. The place is very clean but since I have been going there, they have been through about five different managers. Like ejames5683 said in his review, the bar is owned by the Chinese place next door. The food selection is terrible and is half Chinese and really can't explain what the second half is, but I sure wouldn't call it bar food. We went on a Sunday night and there were only seven people in there and we waited for over 45 minutes to get two hamburgers. I finally cancelled out my order and the waiter said he would tell the manager about my concerns. The waiter came out and said that the manager said that he would take it off our ticket!! I would only hope so! The manager NEVER did come over and with this poor management and terrible menu, I bet that this place won't be open for long.

• Visited April 2013
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“No Requests. Unpleasantly Disappointing Service.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Don't ask for any favors from the management team. Be careful who you server is. And order wisely. This "Sports Bar" is owned by the same guy who owns the "all-you-can-eat" Sushi buffet next door. You'd think they would have decent Chinese dishes, but nope, saucy and disgusting. Avoid the General. The only thing about this place that I enjoyed, was the giant tv and the wings. Last time we were there though, they decided to not show the regional sports broadcast that would have been the smart thing to do. Instead they had on the NFL Playoff game between Denver and Baltimore. I am pretty sure a MIZZOU game would've been the better option here. Won't go back here for a while, unpleasantly disappointed with the service

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly suprised”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My daughter and I went there for lunch. We both thought the food was excellent. I had the bow tie pasta and she had nachos. I had a salad with mine and it was also very good. The place was clean and nice. I look forward to going there again.

• Visited February 2013
“What a surprise”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been talking of eating at skylight for a long time. We finally stopped one Friday evening to check it out. The food was very good and the wait staff great. Will go back.

Visited February 2013