Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
$104
$63
$70
$62
Motel 6 Blue Springs(Blue Springs)
$56
Comfort Inn(Grain Valley)
$68
TripAdvisor
Welcome Inn(Blue Springs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot dogsfree drinksnachoshappy hourbaked potatoexcellent hoteladult beveragesevening receptionhighway sideevening foodearly eveningbusy weekendeggsa great place to staychilliwalk in showerkansas city
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have stayed at many Drury Hotels on our travels over the years through the USA. I have to say that this one was by far the most pleasant experience! The hotel appears very new and the location is awesome if you have a dog that you want to walk. I am not really very happy that the Drury Inns now charge a pet fee but at least $10.00 is not too steep. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and even gave biscuits to our dogs! Our room was on the 7th (top) floor and the rooms have floor to ceiling windows. The room was spacious, comfortable, well-decorated and very clean. Lots of restaurants close by. Breakfast was amazing....so much choice and a very pleasant environment. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Indepedence Missouri was the debarkation point west for my great great grandfather in 1843. A lot of wonderful places have been built here in Independence since that time to help the traveler heading west. The Drury Inn and Suites would have been a marvel to my ancestors. It certainly is a tremendous facility to me. This one is relatively new but has the same charm as the older one where we stayed in Saint Louis. Very friendly staff checked us in and chatted about how our trip was going, then gave us some recommendations for good restaurants in the area. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable furniture and our king bed was extremely comfortable. The shower in our room was womderful. While the walls were tiled, the floor was a composite material that reduced the likelyhood of slipping. There was a solid hand hold, a broad shower fixture that made it like a rain outburst, and there was a comfortable seat where women could sit and shave their legs.
The hotel offers a complementary coctail time in the evening with free mixed drinks and snacks that could easily become dinner. We had planned to go out to eat this evening, but the mac and cheese, chicken strips, baked potato and other items kept calling to our tired, travel weary bodies. We ended up making a dinner of it and heading to an early night. In the morning, the free breakfast was being served and we took advantage of the generous buffet. With all this conveniece, we were packed and on our way by 8:30 am. We have stayed at a lot of places during our five weeks on the road, but I have to say that the Drury Hotels are definitely the best group of hotels in which we have stayed for consistant quality and value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I was told this is a fairly new hotel. I would say that it was new. The hotel is well docorated. I had a very easy checkin. The front desk clerk even asked if I was getting the corporate rate and checked it for me.

I was in room 700 at the end of a hall. It was a very nice, clean, room. I had everything that I needed in the room. I checked in to late to get popcorn and I understand that they also have a happy hour earlier in the evening.

The next morning I had breakfast downstairs. They have a full breakfast (buscuits, bacon, sausage, gravy, eggs, potatoes, waffles, cereal, drinks, and I'm sure I'm missing something). I even saw a sign that you could buy breakfast if you weren't staying there for like $6 (not a bad deal).

I would definitely stay here again and recommend that people visiting the area stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We found this hotel through the AAA book although my nephew has recommended it to us in the past because we travel with our dog. What a GREAT hotel! The lobby was spotless and well-lit, front desk staff very helpful. Our room was spotless and well appointed. It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was plentiful and fresh. I highly recommend the Drury Inn in Independence, MO.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Drury Inn & Suites Independence is the hotel that we always stay at when visiting Kansas City. The facility is newer and always clean. The location is right along Interstate 70 and there is a lot of restaurant choices within a mile of the hotel. Independence mall is only a five minute car ride away. The staff is always extremely helpful. The indoor/outdoor pool is always clean. We stay at this hotel about two times a year and have never been disappointed in our choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family