“I'd Stay Again.”

Super 8 Blue Springs
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Blue Springs
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were traveling to Kansas City for the Fall NASCAR race and booked the Super 8 Blue Springs at the last minute. The cost was $90 and with taxes in the area came to over $104. The room was very clean and well equipped. The TV was slightly dated, but other then that I had no complaints about the room. I thought that the continental breakfast was good, but my boyfriend was not impressed. They had bagels, muffins, biscuits and gravy, cereal, and I believe some other Danish. The location was on the outskirts of town, so it was about a 20 minute drive to downtown and about a 30 minute drive to the race track.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Blue Springs

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hot water heater was so noisy during the night that the wall by my head vibrated. It kept me awake. They volunteered to move me, but with a cat and dog with me that was not practical.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this motel for one night on a cross-country move in July, 2012 and were pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it was. It was pet friendly AND very clean! The room was tiny but efficiently designed. The continental breakfast was on par with the norm. Our only complaint was that, due to tight layout of the parking lot, the fact that it doesn't wrap around the building and the amount of guests staying, attempting to manuever our Suburban and twelve foot trailer was exceptionally frustrating. We finally ended up parking down the street and walking to and from the motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a pleasant stay at this motel. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was good and even though there was a Biker Event across the street for many Bikers possibly coming from the Sturgis Ralley ....there was no disturbance in the room, In fact the Biker Event was kind of fun and exciting to listen to....the music was good. The room rate was very affordable. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The lady at the front desk was very helpful & nice. We checked in, got to our room & unloaded all of our stuff. I noticed ants running on the desk in the room. Didn't really think too much about it until I saw them running all along the night stand and on the beds. YUCK! There was also BBQ sauce or something like it stuck on the furniture and the phone. (Explains the ants...) When I tried to call the front desk there was no dial tone on the phone. This was because there was no phone line from the phone to the wall. I had to walk down to the front desk to explain the situation. She was very apologetic and quickly moved us to another room. The new room was much cleaner than the first and there were no ants. I would have given this a poor rating but the employee's helpfulness brought it up to average. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The hotel is nice on the outside with plenty of parking available when I was there. The location isn't bad but getting out onto Woods Chapel can be difficult with the current construction. The room I was given first had bed bugs. I reported the problem and was given another room. Unfortunately the thought of bed bugs ruined my sleep for the night. The staff didn't seem overly concerned about the problem so I'm not sure if it was taken care of. If you stay here be sure to check for bed bugs. If it wasn't for the bed bugs I would have given this hotel a good rating.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley

Been to Super 8 Blue Springs? Share your experiences!