“nasty, nasty, nasty”

Motel 6 Blue Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Blue Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Booked this hotel by accident. Checked in the sign on the door said no refunds, that should have been all the sign i needed. Got our room key, walked into the room and walked back out. Went to turn in my key and left. We just ate the $40 and got a hotel somewhere else. I have stayed in bad hotels, but this place needs to be shut down. I would not want my dog to sleep there. The room door looked like it had been kicked in at one time. I will have nightmare about this hotel the rest of my life

Room Tip: dont do it
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BECKYKCFAN

Reviewed June 12, 2013

this stay started off horribly from the get go. Once I arrived I asked for a beer and food suggestion only to be told "you'll need to get back on the highway and search yourself"

Once I stepped foot in the room it was literally like licking an ash tray. I'd never been so disgusted in my life. I then called and asked if it was possible to change rooms only to be told "we're full, no more non smoking rooms available". Guess they thought I was stupid and couldn't realize that there was no more then 15 cars in the parking lot. If I wasn't moving across country and my car wasn't jam packed I would have slept in there

I'm someone whose traveled the country willing to sleep just about anywhere and I can honestly say this was the worst experience I'd ever had.

When approaching the manager while checking out and explaining my situation hoping they would make it right I received this response

"whatever" followed by the lady turning around and walking away.

For anyone considering this nightmare of a hotel do yourself a favor and spend the extra $15 on something else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
6  Thank Matt M
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The guy wasn't kidding about people keeping you up all night. It is cheap though and adds to your life's adventure. Someone threw coffee on our car and when I moved it, there were people hanging out in their cars smoking, and I could have sworn I spotted a body under one of the cars. And it wasn't moving. When we left the cleaning person immediately came in while we were packing our car, we saw she didn't bring new sheets or towels or anything, just tidied up the bed. No fridge/micro/internet and the bathroom was too sketchy to use the shower. Still doesn't make it in to our top five worst, but that is what I was saying about adventure, it makes a story for the future if you live through the night!

Room Tip: Cheaper usually means worse.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GoTuPads
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I came home from church and wanted to take a nap before I have to go to work and there was no sheets on my bed a called and asked what happed to them she the lady at the front desk said were washing them and we have to wait wth way do i have to wait they dont have any other sheets for this place over 100 room with no one in them. The room is NASTY.The housekeeper comes in with one rag and cleaned everthing with it and uses water to clean with with is wrong with this place they act like they have no money I would never stay here and the phone does not work and people are trashy here FYI save your money and sllep in your car im

Room Tip: Not here at all
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Christine H
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Not a safe environment for a family. The room we stayed in the door had been previously kicked in and not fixed, the bath tub had a ring of funk still in it and I'm sure it was cleaned before we arrived. This motel and the American inn next door is trashy. If your into hard core drugs and low lifes this place is PERFECT for u.

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank teavelalotcrzy
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you are a fight fan look no further. Just sit back in your room and watch. I saw several in the week I stayed. 3pm fights, midnight fights, 3am fights. The people that stay there don't sleep at night but run around banging on each others doors yelling and of course fighting. It's a cheap place to stay but better plan on bolting your door and staying inside. If you like crack heads and meth heads then this is your place. Smokers are no problem, all the rooms smell like smoke. The front desk just adds some new coffee to yesterdays coffee every morning, YUK, but it is free. They should give me a tee shirt that sais; I survived a week at nights inn blue springs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank MoMan43
Reviewed August 28, 2010

pros:
nice front desk people and helpful
it was cheap with coupon
some restaurants nearby
fridge in room
a/c worked very good

cons:
no in room coffee
no microwave
the room smelled like a** when I walked in
dirty carpet
phone didnt work during our stay here,luckily I have a cell phone in case of an emergency
having to snatch next doors internet (La Quinta)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple