“Great country pub.”
Review of Chetwode Arms

Chetwode Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Pipe Gate
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Chetwode Arms, Pipe Gate provide a warm, relaxed and friendly atmosphere serving locally sourced fresh food, well kept ales and a tasty range of wines. Having an extensive garden and real open fires we are sure you will enjoy the surroundings all year round.
plymouth england
“Great country pub.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Four of us had a meal here after my son's graduation from nearby Keele University.
Friendly staff, great location and the food was lovely. I had the "lamb henry" which is well worth a try.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mikejwilliams

Cheshire, UK
“Excellent !!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wife and I had lunch here on Saturday 19 October 2013, and it was some of the best pub food I have eaten in a long time. The carvery was first class!
This establishment has recently been purchased from the brewery (hurray) by the landlord and his wife, and they are keen, warm and very friendly.
If they keep serving food of this quality, I'm sure it will be a great success.
Well done to all and I recommend you try this eatery

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank boardwalkCheshire_UK
Staffordshire
“Misleading”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The menu described most of the meals with hand cut, home made chips. This is absolutely not the case - probably some of the worst frozen chips I have come across. When asked if everything was alright and I responded it is "ok", there was no questioning look, or query about what I was referring to. In simple terms they asked the question automatically without any real interest in the response.
The meal overall was very poor, and expensive, although had it been of a good quality I would have had no issue with the price. The owners really need to ask themselves why they were not busy on a Sunday afternoon, get feedback from their customers, take it on the chin and respond positively. Turning a blind eye to a customer who clearly is not happy will not improve your business.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jacky P
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great home cooking”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've eaten here a few times and the food is great, all home cooked. The carvery is wonderful with a choice of perfectly cooked roasts, we like that we can have as little or as much as we want with a choice of different vegetables on offer too.

The atmosphere is welcoming with the very friendly staff and owners. Service and cost are both excellent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank D B
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

took my sisters for lunch at the chetwode arms and dinner was lovely , service was great and staff and other customers friendly. i can recommend this family inn to everyone.

• Visited July 2013