“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stopped here last night as a midway point to meet a friend. She worked there a few years ago and knew the staff, so recommended it. The food was brilliant - particularly the sticky toffee pudding (the best I've ever had!) and my friend's cider chicken sauce was incredible. I had the burger and while it was good, I regretted not making the most of the menu! Overall really gorgeous food. The service was a little slow and inattentive through, hence the 4 out of 5 stars. Would definitely make a trip here again when I'm next around!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Thanks to Charlotte and Simon for yet another great night at the kings head. Superb place to go, lovely pub, brilliant food.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We went to the KH on my birthday last Friday and as always they're so accommodating! The prices are reasonable as the food is all homemade.

We had a mixture if burgers and steaks which were lovely. Plates were well and truly cleared. Try the homemade chips too.

For desert most of us opted for the sticky toffee pudding which was lovely.

We live in the next village so my husband asked the landlord, Simon, about taxis in the countryside to which he offered us a lift home. Very valiant considering our drunken giggles! We will always be bringing friends here!

Thanks again!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We walked through the meadows from Kings Cliffe to have a drink one lunchtime, but so temped by tapas menu we stayed!

We sat in warm sunshine outside the entrance watching the world go by, then 5 small plates arrived with a feast for our lunch. Lovely cheese, sausages, scampi, salad, olives all for £10 and served by a lovely lady with a big smile

Such a charming village, lovely church, river, Apethorpe Manor and The Kings Head. We will return

1  Thank Maureen C
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We loved this pub! Great atmosphere, beautiful village and surroundings and food to match.
We wanted just a one course supper and were really pleased with the menu. It is small but well thought out and there are specials. I would always prefer less choice and freshly-cooked food to having lots of choice and boil in the bag frozen food. I had broccoli and Stilton bake. My partner chose locally made bangers and mash. He loved his. I really enjoyed mine. There was garlic bread to mop up the cheesy sauce, although there was so much of this I might ask for a spoon next time. gorgeous. I will be back to try more!

1  Thank Pencepunce