“Very bad experiance”

Wildlife Paraguay
Ranked #4 of 4 things to do in Luque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wildlife Paraguay offers birdwatching and wildlife tours at different sites across the country. Our misssion’s is to offers a unique experience through differentiated and custom tours, with a high commitment in biodiversity conservation. We are the only tour operator specialized in birding and nature in the country, recognized by our National Tourism Office (SENATUR).
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Alberto is a very knowladgeble person but he doesn't really understands how to work with tourists. The minute something went wrong he had a strick of bad decisions which resulted with us being stuck with the car in the mud for more than 24 hours without signal and ability to call for help. In the end he didn't even think we deserve any kind of refund or compensation, and even after he agreed to give us a refund he regreted and sent an e-mail telling us he wouldn't do the refund after all. Only after 2 hours phone call and because we were very asertive we got some of the money back.

Alberto E, Owner at Wildlife Paraguay, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thanks very much for your review, Stav!!! I apologize again about the unfortunate experience that we had on our tour, as I did in the email I sent to your boyfriend, on 22th march 2018 (below). I do agree with you that you had a bad experience with me. Of course, it is not of our interest to stay stuck in the mud during 24 hours, as it could mean damages to our vehicles, and a really bad situation for us and for our tourists. As I explained to you, I haven´t had such situation for more than 20 years. But wild and remote areas, as the places of the Paraguayan Chaco that we were visiting, could be unpredicteble, and as you were inform, road and climate conditions could affect our tour. I can only expressed now that I did offer you a refund, but it was not what you were demanding (100% of the fee). Finally you received back 50% of the fare, which was not of our obligation, as different options were offered to you to continue the tour (to compensate you for the bad moments), and also because you were aware of our tour conditions, booking and refund policies, that are expressed again in the compliance letter that you signed (http://www.wildlife.com.py/compliance-letter-gal/). This compliance letter expressed important aspects of the tour. I did not included the last page of the compliance letter, especially to maintain unpublished your identity and from the other participants, in a way to be respecful with you.

It's not that I do not know how to work with tourists. I was flexible with our policies to finalize in good terms with you and the other participants, but your expressions (both yours and Gal's, after three months of the tour), obviously mean that you were not satisfied, even though you received 50% of the reimbursement of the tour fee.

Hello Gal,

I´m writing to apologize about the circunstances that did not allowed us to have the expected tour in the Humid Chaco. I expect that you could understand that it´s always our main interest to give the best experience of a nature tour to our tourist, but as it was explained there are many circunstances that could be out of our control, when we are travelling to remote areas, as it was the case in this tour. We are always interested to fill the expectation of our clients, and that is why I send you a Tourist questionnarie in reply to your first contact, which is usually of important help to understand the expectations of the client.

As it´s described in our website, Wildlife Paraguay is a tour operator that offers differentiated and custom tours. As you requested a tour, that is posted in our website, describing that six people were interested to do it, we offered you a special price for that itinerary. As you mentioned, the tour fee was out of your budget, so we offered you other tours with lower cost that could suit your budget but also your interest in wildlife and nature in the Chaco. As those options did not match your budget, we evaluated the possibility to offer you a scouting tour (exploratory tour) and offered a tour fee, which was accepted by you and other three participants.

I did explained to you that the area we were going was remote, and that road and entrances depends entirely on climate conditions. I also sent you a Booking form that explaines all the tour conditions, reservation, tour fees and payment, cancellations and refunds policies, and also includes a "Tour Alteration" and "Travel conditions", all aspects that the client agree when books a tour with Wildlife Paraguay. If you decided to the a tour with Wildlife Paraguay, you were aware of many statements that are mentioned on the "Tour conditions and form". Here I copy some of these statements:

1. Tour Alterations

Tour itineraries and dates are determined many months in advance of departure and alterations to the itinerary and dates may become necessary. Alterations due to circumstances beyond our control, made either before or after departure date, are not grounds for cancellation without incurring cancellation fees as outlined above. Wildlife Paraguay undertakes to make every reasonable effort to ensure all tours adhere as closely as possible to published itineraries.

Travel Conditions

All travel arrangements such as flight bookings, hotel accommodation, catering and ground transport made by Wildlife Paraguay are subject to booking and service conditions of the supplier of the services.

Most of our tours operate in remote areas, some of which have very limited tourism infrastructure. At times, travel conditions and standards will not meet up to international standards with regard to roads, vehicles, accommodations, meals and service levels. In many areas inadequacies and unpredictable events may occur and this is part and parcel of traveling in the developing world. Wildlife Paraguay undertakes to make every reasonable effort to ensure the tour operates as smoothly and seamlessly as possible. Wildlife Paraguay is not liable for any damage, losses and expenses suffered by any client as a result of any circumstance beyond our control, please refer to further liability clauses below.

Liability

Wildlife Paraguay will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our tours are properly arranged and professionally conducted. We will also take all reasonable steps to ensure that the airlines, vehicle operators, travel agents, hotels, restaurants, guides and other agents and suppliers that are used during the tour are reputable. Most of our tours at some point will take participants into remote wilderness areas. These locations and the pursuit of rare sightings and experiences may give rise to potentially hazardous and unpredictable circumstances. Wildlife Paraguay undertakes to make every reasonable effort to ensure that you are aware of the inherent risk of travelling to these destinations, but accepts no liability.

We do understand your complete dissapointment when the tour was interrupted, due to a mishap that force us to stay in the middle of the dirt road, and to spent the night in the vehicle. I did all the effort that was in my possibilities, to obtain help so we could continue the tour. I did think about changing the itinerary, but due to indications from local people and a ranger, that the route was in good conditions, I decided to follow the itinerary as it was proposed to you.

The tour itinerary was altered after we received the help, and due to this alterations, two possible options were expressed to you: 1) continue to Laguna Capitán; 2) to visit a farm near from Asunción. As I explained, to confirm any of the two options, I needed it to contact the owners of the places, specially to get information about climate conditions. Also I offered you to stay in a hotel near from the area we returned to the Transchaco Road, so you could recover of the bad moments. You only expressed that would like to return to Asunción, without any other explanation or request from you. I did follow what you requested, but you did not mentioned that you were considering that Wildlife Paraguay should refund 100% of the tour. This was only mentioned when I was leaving you in your Hostel.

Today we have evaluated all the cost infered by Wildlife Paraguay to offer you the tour, and even that it is explained at our "Tour conditions and form" that we do not do refunds once the tour was started, we would like to offer you a refund of the accomodations, as the supplier agree not to charge the service to Wildlife Paraguay. The amount to be refunded to you is 1.000.000 Gs (one hundred guaranies). If you accept these refund, please sent me an email to confirm compliance with these refund, and when could I give you the refund.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

I only had one day to see a little of Paraguay during a conference. I contacted Wildlife Paraguay and got a very quick response back with options. I chose the local birdwatching. Alberto was very accommodating, picking me up from my hotel and dropping me off downtown so I could see some of the city as well. He is well informed about wildlife, ecology, and his country. And, he taught me how to actually see the birds! That was a big bonus. I would definitely use Wildlife Paraguay again for anything you have time for

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alberto E, Owner at Wildlife Paraguay, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Thanks very much for your review, Naomi!!! We would be very happy to see you again, if you return to Asunción in the future!!!

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Long story short- we paid a lot of money, alberto did very bad decisions, got us stuck in the mud overnight, we didn't do the trip. Alberto lied to us, refused to refund us, and mucked us.
If everything is ok, he will probably be a good guide. If there are problems, don't expect for service or liability.

We went with Alberto to a 3 day chaco tour, and paid a lot of money to it. On the way to the ranch where we were ment to sleep, it began to rain. The dirt road became very bad, and looked like we shpuldn't continue.
Due to lack of judgement by Alberto and poor driving skills of his side, we got stuck in the mud for about 20 hours. That included a horrible night in the car, with no air and a lot of mosquitos. Alberto had no means of comunication, and help took a lot of time to come for us.
When we where finally released from the mud, almost 2 days of the 3 where over without us even starting the trip. Of cojrse that after this horrible experience we only wanted to get back to Asuncion.
When we arrived to asuncion we obviously asked for our money back, for not getting any of the services we paid for - wildlife watching, sleeping in a ranch and cooking meals. He refused and didn't understand why he needs to refund us. He said there is no reason for refund because his car got dirty, he bought food (which we didn't eat), and we wanted to return to the city and not continue (actualy begin) the trip.
After long argument during which he degraded us and made fun of our complaints, he agreed to bring us half of the money. Unfortunately, without any other choice, we agreed. The next day when he was supposued to come to bring us the money, he sent a mail instead and said he agrees to bring us only about 10% of the money and conditioned the refund in us signing release of all the complaints toward him. It took us almost 2 hours on the phone to explain to him that lying is wrong and that he should stand up to his word. After a very long and frustrating evening, we got half of the money back.

Alberto E, Owner at Wildlife Paraguay, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2018

Thanks very much for your review, Gal!!! I apologize again about the unfortunate experience that we had on our tour, as I did in the email I sent you on 22th march 2018 (below). Here I´m attaching also your compliance letter (http://www.wildlife.com.py/compliance-letter-gal/), which expresses important aspects of the tour. I did not included the last page of the compliance letter, especially to maintain unpublished your identity and from the other participants, in a way to be respecful with you.

Hello Gal,

1. Tour Alterations

Travel Conditions

Liability

Reviewed April 24, 2018

I had two excellent one day tours of the Chaco hosted by Wildlife Paraguay. The tour was based in Asunción and everything was perfect. In this part of the Chaco we only saw birds but the scenery was also fantastic. Tatiana was an excellent guide on the first day and then the second day I had Dr. Alberto Esquivel. They were both very knowledgeable and we saw a great variety of birds and I learned a great deal about the unfortunate devastation of the Gran Chaco in general and specifically the Chaco in Paraguay. I would highly recommend this tour to anybody interested in wildlife and open spaces and simple yet beautiful scenery.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Alberto E, Owner at Wildlife Paraguay, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Thanks very much Timothy for your review!!! We felt very happy that you enjoyed our tours!!! We will really look forward to hear from you, and would expect that you could join us in a Pantanal tour in the next future!! Thanks again!!!