“wouldn't stay again” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bethany
Howe, Indiana
“wouldn't stay again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This motel is very clean. then from there it was not a good we arrived on Friday around 11:00 a.m. we knew that it was too early to check in but stopped in to check to see what time a room MIGHT be ready front desk told us that our room would be ready in 1 hour great. So we killed an hour in Walmart next door went back front desk said room wasn't ready proubly be another hour ok at this time she checked us in giving us our room key we waited the hour went to our room after the hour the room was still dirty. Went to front desk told them and they said oh that is the last room thats gets cleaned. In is time there are other guest comming in and getting rooms right away we ask why this was happening OH this is because our room was already asigned to us.NOT Happy . Finely got our room no frig no microwave as told of corse no other rooms ava. would bring us one Ya not till 10:00 P.M. All i say is the front desk is VERY RUDE!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
super8mo, General Manager at Super 8 Bethany MO, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us,I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.Our goal is to serve all of our guest to make their stay as comfortable as possible.The desk clerk has been addressed about this issue and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Was driving on the road and was at the point I really had to stop - and it was Bethany. That said, some limited options at my stopping point.

Overall, the place works for a single guy traveling alone. When I inquired, they only had smoking rooms left. I'm a non-smoker and prefer non-smoking, but I asked to check the room first and the lady at the desk was fine with offering a key. The room didn't really have much of a smoky smell, so I took it.

Very basic as you would expect a Super 8, but generally clean enough. Old television, but with cable. I'm not a fan of the "bedspread", but again it is a Super 8 and the room matches the price.

Internet worked well, and that is a biggie for me. I was pleased with my connection.

Breakfast was pretty dreadful...the food wasn't bad or spoiled, but nothing more than packaged roll, one or two cereals, juice out of a machine and very basic coffee. I realize the brand and the price, but hopefully ownership can bring something more substantial into the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Upon check-in, cigarette smoke was extremely overpowering. When we went to look at our room, we opened the door to a dirty room! When we went back to the front desk, the woman spent more time trying to figure out why the room wasn't clean and who she could blame. Who cares? We just wanted what we paid for. This hotel came recommended but I can honestly say we will NEVER stay here again. I would rather pay a little more or drive a little further just to not stay here. My husband had to fix the window because it was not shut properly and the screen was out of place. There were bugs crawling on the floor in the bathroom. There were only enough towels in the pool area for 2 of 3 family members. The people after us were out of luck. Didn't appear that anyone was overseeing the pool area or they would've known about the towel situation. My husband closed the opened door to the pool to force guests to use their room keys to access the area. Who leaves doors open to a pool area when children are around? Parents should watch their kids but an open door to a restricted area is a recipe for disaster. I couldn't get out of this place fast enough the next morning. Yes, this hotel had everything an individual would need for a night's stay, but if you're looking for comfort or some type of upscale amenity, you won't find it here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
super8mo, General Manager at Super 8 Bethany MO, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We apologize thatt your experience was anything less than satisfying.The property has addressed the desk clerk and also reported window/screen issues to maintenance.Again,we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethany
Country Home Inn
Country Home Inn
#2 of 2 in Trenton
Family Budget Inn
Family Budget Inn
#2 of 3 in Bethany

Been to Super 8 Bethany MO? Share your experiences!