“Not so Super 8”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bethany
SE Minnesota
“Not so Super 8”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Reserved non-smoking and the whole building wreaks from smoke. All tv channels were snowy and not viewable. Bathroom light was out. Even though it was quite reasonably priced I do expect a bit more! The breakfast was fine, standard continental.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
SE Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Reserved 2 queen beds and got 2 doubles. Reserved non-smoking and the whole building wreaks from smoke. All tv channels were snowy and not viewable. Bathroom light was out. Even though I only paid $50 for the room, I would appreciate getting what I was told I was paying for!

• Stayed June 2013
super8mo, General Manager at Super 8 Bethany MO, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule for your response. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. It is our hope that you will give us opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is very well kept up and the front desk help is very friendly.
The lobby is very nicely decorated and clean.
The rooms are nice and clean, and the beds are comfortable.
I got a great price on the room for under $50. I did not use the pool but the area looked very nice.
The breakfast is very basic with pre packaged cinamon rolls which I had are are good and they also have cereal and toast. But I would rather have a good price on the room than have a big breakfast selection. There is a nice area for pet owners to walk their dogs. Also there is a nice area outside with picnic tables. I would look forward to staying there again if in the area.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have hard time with stairs or carring luggage try and get a first fl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eden Prairie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is a great value. The friendly front desk staff immediately greeted us when we walked into the lobby. We had booked a smoking room in error. She quickly changed the reservation to a non-smoking room. We were worried that our room might have a smoke odor since the hotel allowed smoking in some of its rooms. We were pleased when we walked the corridors and into our room and did not notice any smell of smoke. The room was clean, beds comfortable. For the rate, we thought it was a great value!

Jennings
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was attending my Son's graduation, not knowing anything about the area I called the first Hotel he that he told me about. Lucky enough I had a discount with them through my job, so I said why not. Upon my arrival I was immediately impressed with all the amenities that Super 8 had to offer. Once I got in my room I was more impressed to find that they had a microwave and a mini fridge. I was hooked from that point, it made my 14 hr drive less hectic!

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Webster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have stayed at this location regularly on our annual southern trips the last 3 years. They have always been friendly and helpful. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable. The location is easily accessable and we feel safe. The breakfast selection is the only thing my family finds lacking, not bad, but not as exciting or satisfying as other places we stay. Not a 4 star hotel, but an excellent place to stay for a family on a budget.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8mo, General Manager at Super 8 Bethany MO, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us ,we offer the 8 point promise breakfast that all Super 8 's are required to serve.Thanks again we'll see you next time!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethany
Country Home Inn
#2 of 3 in Bethany
Morrell Ranch
Morrell Ranch
#1 of 1 in Gallatin

Been to Super 8 Bethany MO? Share your experiences!