“Great Hotel and Great Servis”

Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed July 1, 2007

The Drury Inn by the St. Louis Airport was great! Their customer service was great. Couldn't have asked for them to be any better. Always greeted you when you came in, always said hello to you in the hall and asked how your stay was going and if they could get anything for you. The rooms were good also. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is next to the airport. Couldn't hear the planes taking off or landing.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank cchelpdesk

Reviewed December 15, 2006

What a pleasant surprise. My company's travel agent reserved me a room at the Drury and I grumbled quietly as the taxi passed by the Marriott next door which is my (former) favorite. But the Drury is my new favorite nowadays: friendly staff, super clean, complimentary happy hour, free breakfast, lightning quick check out... I could go on and on about this chain. Since then I've stayed in two others and I get the same impression. Superior across the board.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank jwalke21
Reviewed October 26, 2006

we live about 3 hrs from St Louis so when we have the occasion to fly out either early or late at night, we stay here. We always had great luck. clean. comfortable, smoke-free rooms, great staff, free breakfast.
The one time we had a small problem was a leaky shower head, we were moved. Possibly, it's our age but we don't expect a free room for every slight misstep.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Road&GardenGranny
Reviewed October 21, 2006

I stayed at the Drury Inn, St. Louis Airport in July on a Tuesday. This was the first time I stayed at a Drury Inn, and it will be my last. I had reservations, which I confirmed the day before I was to arrive at the Drury Inn/St. Louis Airport. It was for a non-smoking, double queen room. I informed them my arrival would be late. When I arrived around 10 p.m. on the day of my arrival, they said they were booked. I reiterated I had a reservation and gave the perky girl at the front desk my confirmation number. She spent about 10 minutes looking at her computer and told me they had given my room to someone else and were going to give me a king smoking room. I asked how bad the smoke smell was? She said her co-worker had just been up in the room and said it “smelled wonderful.” She said they were out of non-smoking rooms for tonight.

When I got to room, I didn’t smell anything wonderful. It had a strong smoke smell, which quickly was giving me a headache. I called down to the front desk to complain. I mentioned how I had made a reservation for a non-smoking room, and had confirmed it yesterday with their reservation’s representative. She put me on hold, then told me she would move me to a non-smoking room (Whoa! She told me they were out when I checked-in. What’s going on here?) and she would personally meet me at the door and give me the key for the non-smoking room.

The smell, or lack of smoke smell was definitely better with the room re-assignment. But it was a double full room, no microwave or frigerator. Both rooms I was in shows some wear on furniture. Little or no basic carpet padding under carpet. Absurdly small bathrooms (toilet and old cast-iron tub/shower). Décor is alright, but looks dated (sort of 70s style of dark and clunky). Pillows have lumpy stuffing.

This was fine for one night, and all hotels in immediate area had no vacancies, so I couldn’t make another choice. In addition to problem with room, internet access was not available, another let-down.

I complained the following morning and the best discount I got was 25% off. I originally chose it because of TripAdvisor comments, closeness to St. Louis Airport, and the price was in keeping with standard GSA rates. But if I had to choose again when in the area, I would definitely be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank ktripping
Reviewed May 11, 2006

Everything and everyone was great. The room was nice and clean. The hot Breakfast was great. The people were as nice as they could be. The only thing that could have been better was the weather!

Stayed: May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis
Reviewed April 2, 2006

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The pool was smaller than it appeared in photos but fine. Things got a little crowded Friday night in the pool/hot tub so I don't think they pay much attention to how many people you have to a room (appeared to be a birthday party and family reunion there). Breakfast and cocktail hour were very nice. Our room was adequate but smelled like a WET DOG. The bathroom had no fan and smelled like an animal had been locked up in there for weeks.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2005

I have stayed at several Drury hotels in my travels. Let me start by saying Drury is probably the best hotel chain for budget minded travelers. They offer the most bang for the buck.

Pros: This hotel has a big bed with comfortable pillows for a hotel. The TV has lots of cable channels. Hot breakfast with good food included with stay. Each evening they have a manager's reception with beer and wine. They also have soft drinks and popcorn. They also give 1 hour of free long distance with your stay.

Cons: Comforter and TV stand seemed worn out. Also, the towels small in bathroom.

However, the night we stayed there was birthday party being held in the hotel. There were about 40+ kids in a few rooms. Kids were running up and down the hall. There more kids in the pool than should have been allowed. Kids were climbing over us in the hot tub. I was suprised no one from Drury came to say anything to the parent when the pool was over capacity.

2  Thank Brian_Schoppe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Been to Drury Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!