“Great Service and Friendly Staff”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed September 21, 2006

Marriott Airport St. Louis Hotel: "Outstanding Experience"

We were in St. Louis visiting family and selected the Marriott Airport Hotel because of its convenient location . There were storms in the area that caused massive power outages, but the staff at the hotel rose to the occasion and provided OUTSTANDING service! The room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff responded promptly to all of our requests. Check-in was smooth, the restaurant meals and service were very good (even though the staff was dealing with "power outage" problems), and the concierge was very helpful. We cannot say enough good things about the way we were treated at this hotel. We will stay there again when we return to St. Louis.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcsjcs
There are newer reviews for Marriott St. Louis Airport

Reviewed September 16, 2006

First time in St. Louis and the hotel was amazing. I was able to watch dvds from my laptop connected to large flat screen tv's in the room. Nicest rooms I've ever stayed in!! I was upgraded to the newly rennovated rooms.. Wow! Service was excellent and the food was great. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 11, 2006

This was the second time we have taken our family vacation at this hotel. Both time have been exceptional, from the drivers picking us up at the airport to the hostess in the restaurant all were very professional as well as helpful getting directions in a unfamiliar town. We returned due to the great treatment we recieved. Thanks St. Louis Airport Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Our First Impression was great, Nice lobby and room. However the service was horrible. It took the staff 4 hours and 5 calls, to deliver us extra towels. When we requested a rollaway we got a WWI fridge instead. Due to 3 banquets/events at the hotel, parking was very limited. The breakfast was ok, don’t go for the buffet, since they don’t restock anything and there is a huge line. Overall, this hotel does not meet Marriott standards of customer service.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank BSB21
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I was staying in St Louis last night.. I cancelled my original reservation - at the Hilton in Chesterfield - and made a reservation at the Marriott at the airport, to make it easier to get an early morning flight. The reservation was made at 5pm (remember this for later)

Arriving at the hotel at 10pm with 2 friends, our anxiety level was raised when Ann the front desk manager seemed to have a problem with our reservation - a number of trips into the back office with her cellphone.

Eventually, she told us that while she had our reservations, she did not have rooms for us. Apparently the hotel was "very overbooked" - I thought overbooked was a binary thing, you either were or were not. Apparently, there was a flood or something earlier in the day and some rooms were affected.

I asked when this was, and was told "this morning". I asked why they took our reservations at 5 o'clock if they knew that there was a problem - no answer.

Ann then offered to put us up in the Hampton Inn about 10 minutes from the hotel. No harm to the Hampton Inn, but it is not a Marriott - so I asked if there really was no other options. She replied that she could put us into a hotel 30 minutes away - defeating the purpose of staying at the airport.

She did say that she did have rooms for us - if we were elite Marriott members. I confirmed that therefore there were in fact empty rooms, but that she would not give them to us. She confirmed this and said that if an elite member came in, they were bound to give them a room over us. I asked if that meant that the rooms may in fact go empty for the night and she said yes.

No other viable options, we picked up all our gear and drove to the Hampton Inn. When we got there, not only had they not received a phone call from the Marriott, but they did not have any rooms.

My friends were tired and decied that they were going to check into a nearby "boutique" motel. I called Ann at the Marriott and explained the Hampton situation. She put me on hold, came back and told me to come back to the Marriott and they would put me in a room.

I asked what had changed in the previous 40 minutes (it was now after 11pm). She told me that I was clearly "very upset" now. Apparently I was not upset enough when we first tried to check into the Marriott.

We all stayed at the "boutique" motel - old, clean with friendly, service oriented staff.

As the title says - and I am not exagerating - this is the worst treatment I have ever experienced at any hotel around the world.

Ever.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank atlscott
Reviewed August 12, 2006

I live in St. Louis, but stayed one night here on a stopover on a trip from the east coast to the west coast. Like other reviewers, I was pleasantly surprised. I did not expect the level of service and such a nice room from an airport hotel. The staff was very polite and helpful. The hotel's airport shuttle is frequent and quick. Even the driver of the van was cheerful and polite and loaded and unloaded my luggage for me. I was upgraded to a concierge room and it was very nice. The room was small, but well designed and very attractive. I loved the desk area which was thoughtfully designed - - even lots of plugs that were easy to access! The flat screen TV was nice and the bed was just wonderful - - very, very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again if the need were to arise. This would be a good option for any stay in St. Louis. It's near the airport so the area is not attractive, but it's well located and you have access to the Metro Link from the airport. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank Mid_West_Traveler
Reviewed July 18, 2006

A high school girlfriend and I decided to take an Amrak trip to Anywhere, USA and decided on St. Louis because the distance between that city and Chicago was only 5 1/2 hours. We decided on the Marriott St. Louis airport because the pools looked nice. I was determined to find a hotel that had an outdoor as well as indoor pool. One needs options to cover inclement weather. I was pleasantly surprised to find an indoor/outdoor pool as well as a rather large outdoor only pool. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a mishap with a child involving a bowel movement so the indoor/outdoor pool was closed so that maintenance could completely drain and clean it. That was not their fault and there was always the other pool so no harm no foul. We stayed in the newer tower and the room was very pleasant. I was very pleased with the many pillows and the wonderful down comforter and plasma flat screen tv. There is a coffee maker, hair dryer and an iron with ironing board in the room. We ate breakfast every morning in the Rock River grill restaurant and the food was fabulous. They have a breakfast buffet that we did not choose but many patrons did and they looked happy. There is a little gift shop and also a little health club room off of the pool with bikes and treadmills. I would definitely stay here again. The desk clerks were very pleasant and helpful as well as the bellman station. Oh and there is a non-stop airport shuttle....one only needs to go outside and wait for the next one to come. We went to Harrah's casino and they called for the Harrah's bus which was nice and free and they came to pick us up. They make other stops so if you're in a hurry, this option is not for you. 8 wonderful restaurants there so dinner and some gambling is a fun way to spend a night or two. We took the shuttle to the airport and rode the Metro train right to the arch and Laclede's Landing. A taxi ride downtown would cost about $40.00 on a good day with no traffic. If anyone has any questions that I may help with, please feel free to write me at wkendz32@hotmail.com with something like...St. Louis hotel or something in the subject line.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
5  Thank JoyceF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!