“Great place close to airport, inconvenient otherwise”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is my first time staying at Marriott and likely my last. This was probably a great hotel in the 60s and 70s. Everything is well maintained, but the decorating looks 60s-early 70s. Lots of families stay here on the weekend--I guess because they have a big pool area. If you need the convenience of the airport, it is about as close as you can get. Otherwise, avoid. They want a fortune for internet if you are not an Elite member and you have to pay a good sum to park per day too. The only plus is that the beds are incredibly comfy--the best of any hotel I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: The southwest end is the furthest from the pool. Lots of families and kids stay here, so that is th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are surprised our newly renovated lobby, bar and restaurant did not meet your design eye as it is being received very positively by all of our clients. The $15 million dollar renovation has re-energized all the modern conveniences.

Please visit us again and I will ensure you don't pay for parking or internet which are common fees associated with most full service hotels.

Respectfully,

There are newer reviews for Marriott St. Louis Airport

998 - 1,004 of 1,346 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Lack of simplicity to park and check in, it looked like a night club when I get inside everything out of control. There were even cops at the lobby watching the peace. It took me longer to walk to the room, the signs were bad and misleading. And to seal the deal there were ants in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are frustrated to know we did not meet your expectations. We are a large, popular and upbeat hotel and many guests love Marriott's great room concept with the lobby being the main attraction. We are sorry this was not what you were looking for.

I would love to speak in more detail about your visit, please contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I generally stay away from airport hotels (Even Marriott's) but this was a great visit. Probably 5 minutes from the airport, but no plane noise whatsoever. Very courteous and professional staff, from the front end to the restaurant. There's a Starbucks in the lobby and a nice little lobby bar. Good beer choices. I ordered the Turkey club which was huge, but a little dry.
Room was at usual Marriott high standards-updated, clean and nice finishes. I'll return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thanks for the positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. We will pass your comments about the turkey club on to our chef. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Happy Travels!

Cheryl Prenger
Director of Rooms

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed for a volleyball tournament. The front desk, wait staff at the bar, restaurant, and coffee shop were all very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean even the old ones. The only issue was the 7:00am construction noise. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for the complimentary review, especially the comments about our staff. We are dedicated to being brilliant hosts and it is great to see you noticed our dedication. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon and take advantage of all the services the renovation will bring.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Pros -
1. Very close to Lamberts Airport.
2. Shuttle to Lamberts Airport.
3. Park & Fly hotel.
4. Nicely renovated lobby.
5. Comfy beds. We slept excellent!
6. Coffee shop in lobby area.

Cons -
1. Our last 2-3 stays (within year) our room has been located what seemed a mile away from the lobby. With lots of luggages this is not good accommodations.
2. There has been no way to enter the hotel without going thru the main lobby area our last two trips here. We had to park near the back of the hotel - yes, there are side and back entrances etc, however, when they will not work you find yourself very agitated then packing everything around the building to the main entrance. We asked about this last night and was told that the outside entrances was not working due to the construction. This is something that needs fixed asap!
3. Tell the guests upon checking in if the outside entrance doors are not working so the driver can let family - handicapped out at the front lobby. This was our situation and it would had been nice to have known aforehand.

3. The shower was not clean. There were many hairs (not belonging to me or Dale) that were on the shower floor, sides and walls that was just kinda gross!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize certain entrances were not accessible during the renovation of our first floor guest rooms and you were inconvenienced.
We have good news however! The first floor rooms are complete and all entrances are now accessible.

Please visit us again soon so you can experience the full impact of our renovation.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

They've upgraded their lobby, and it looks really nice. The rooms are average in condition, however, always clean, and comfortable. We usually get a great night's sleep, but if they've got something going on in the conference rooms/wedding, it can be pretty noisy in your room. We'd recommend this to you-- if you're a light sleeper and it's the weekend, may want to take your earplugs! The staff is always accommodating/pleasant. The shuttle to/from the airport is timely. Very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. Clean, comfortable rooms, and engaged team members are what we strive for so we are happy to hear we hit the mark.

We look forward to hosting you again soon,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Nice hotel. Perfect location if you get stuck in St. Louis due to weather (as I was). A little expensive, but I had a choice. I could have gone to any one of a half-dozen hotels close to STL, but I chose Marriott because I knew what to expect and I needed to get a decent night's sleep. I was also looking for an easy, room service dinner (a vanishing service).

Front desk staff was very nice. When I mentioned that I thought that charging for parking and Wifi was a bit out of line (considering I was paying a full walk-up room rate), they removed the charges. I appreciate that very much. One more reason I will continue to be loyal to the Marriott brands.

Room Tip: I stayed in "the tower." Room was very nice. I understand that it is newer than the low...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the 4 Star Review!! We are happy to see the positive comments about the hotel and staff and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.
Please note, we are about the return close to 200 rooms from renovation and the finished product exceeds what typical Marriott's have turned out in the past.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon and experience the new rooms.
314-253-5155 Direct Line

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!