“STRANDED IN ST LOUIS SNOW STORM”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Me and my wife and son were stranded in st louis because of a snow storm for four days when we ran out of diapers for our son,we thought they would sell them in the hotel gift shop only to find out they didn't.We had no means of transportation Iasked a lady at the desk where I could buy some and a guy named Carlton over heard us and said I can take you to get some,we got to a Walgreens store,Carlton went in with me I had told him I did not have much money so at the register he told me hey I got it take your money and buy your wife dinner or something nice,I got back to my room and told my wife what this guy did and she began to cry and said how thankful we were and there are still people like Carlton who just have good hearts !!!! we are MARRIOTT PEOPLE FOR LIFE.......

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank james d
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for sharing this incredible story!! Karlton embodies the art of hosting and we are truly lucky to have him on our team. We will share your experience with the entire team and recognize Karlton's outstanding performance.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again.

There are newer reviews for Marriott St. Louis Airport

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Best staff for sure. I want to offer specific praise to Toz the AM Bell captain, Al the airport shuttle driver and Mag and Karen who staff the Consierge Lounge at night. I have experienced the very special hospitality they have offered for years. Today I had the pleasure of sharing my birthday cupcakes, made by my wife and best friend with these two friends. In spite of changes in management, many of the staff are long term and wonderful.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for the awesome 5 Star Review and for mentioning our incredible staff by name. We are privileged to have them on our team and will be sure to celebrate your encounters with them.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is convenient for St. Louis Airport, and worked fine for a convention venue. A shuttle bus to-from the airport is available. It is in close proximity to both airport and highway but we didn't experience any noise problems from them.

The room was of adequate size and clean, apart from some rusting on the bathroom door hinges. The beds are comfortable, but we found the pillows too soft. It led to both of us getting stiff necks in the morning. The heating worked fine, which was welcome in this drawn-out winter weather.

No microwave is provided in the room, which we consider odd as cheaper hotels have these. The shower is powerful - perhaps too powerful for the bath size. It tended to spray over the sides in spite of our best efforts with the shower curtain. Even so, the pummeling effect of the water helped after a long day on the road. Another omission is the lack of a powered fan in the vent to take steam and odors away from the bathroom.

We had one concern when housekeeping left the door to our room off the latch without the staff member being present or even close by. Luckily we happened to return an hour after heading to the convention and found the door ajar. Management said they would address the issue. We've no way of knowing if this happened. There was also a persistent funky smell on the 3rd floor landing outside the elevator bank - not very welcoming when heading up to the room for the first time.

We didn't try the restaurant so can't comment on it.

Car parking is extra, and we think this should be included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you have the opportunity to come again soon and enjoy our renovated rooms. The new rooms are equipped with refrigerators and our Market has 24 hour access to a microwave.

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Convenient to St. Louis Lambert International Airport, this hotel is a good business hotel. It has the usual Marriott amenities with good beds, high quality linens, the Marketplace for snacks, and an acceptable restaurant. The lack of covered parking was a disadvantage during a January snow storm. If you stay in the older wing you could walk a very long way to get to your room. The newer tower rooms are better and a shorter walk.

Room Tip: Try for a tower room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Tiny room. Tiny bathroom. Only 2 outlets. Coffee maker in room, cord only 1.5 ft long with no outlet for it. Paint peeling off bathroom door. Bear airport with shuttle makes it convenient. Business facilities and lobby OK.

• Stayed: January 2014
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. You will be happy to know the number of outlets is being addressed in our room renovation which will be complete in a few weeks. Our new rooms have as many as 10 outlets in clear view and at every touch point.

We hope you have the opportunity to experience us again.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Am a Marriott Gold member so been to a lot of Marriott's. This one really was a letdown. The lobby is nice. Did not try the restaurant. The room was small and not very sound proof. Unlike a lot of other airport properties I have stayed at, I could hear every plane takeoff like I was on the runway. The décor was very dated. I felt like I was staying in my grandmother's house with the outdated wall paper. The biggest issue was the construction. They started hammering and drilling at 8:45 am. The front staff did not warn me about this AT ALL or else I would have requested a different room. I could actually sleep in due to weather cancellations but no chance with all the noise. Really frustrated. When I complained to front desk, they apologized very nicely but that's it. I actually went to the airport 3 hours early to get away from the noise!! I'll be staying elsewhere if I ever need to be by the airport in St. Louis again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The process of renovating a hotel is at times an inconvenience but surely worth it when the finished product comes on line. The renovation is directly impacting the outdated decor you mention and the new rooms are sure to impress.

If you give us another chance we will be sure isolate you from any construction in the hotel. We are only weeks away from a large number of rooms coming on board.

Thanks again for your thoughts,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed January 20-22. Still partly under construction (my bathroom was definitely tired). Comfortable bed. The TV took 3 tries to turn & stay on (I didn't complain). Restaurant: great food quality, bar staff, cocktails and ambiance. Great fitness center. It will be a great spot once all of the renovation is completed.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the elevator. (Yes, I know this is usually taboo.) It seemed to be a loooong walk t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for the positive review and for noticing the improvements underway. We are only weeks away from returning a large section of new rooms to inventory. The new rooms deliver all the modern conveniences you have come to expect and we hope you have the opportunity to experience them soon. Lastly, our F&B team will be happy to learn of your experience.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!