“truck was broken into while on their parking lot”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Saint Louis, Missouri
“truck was broken into while on their parking lot”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our family rented 2 rooms on 12/28/13 and left a car and truck in their long term parking lot. When we returned on 1/06/14 we booked another room due to bad weather. When we saw our vehicles on the morning of 1/07/14 the truck driver's side window was smashed and two very old cds were stolen. The hotel had covered the broken window with plastic and told us they thought the truck was broken into on 12/29/13. I really thought some type of compensation should have been offered. One of the workers did clean the broken glass off the truck seat so we could drive it.
We have used this stay and fly before but since this incident, I am warning my friends, our travel agent and family. When we made the police report, the officer told us this happens quite often. We were told by the hotel staff that one other vehicle was hit during the same night. St. Louis and the hotels need to get a handle on this problem.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We are sorry to hear of the damage to your vehicle.
The security of our lot is very important to us and we will continue to work to avoid such situations in the future.

If I can assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Right next to the airport. This is the only reason you should stay at the Marriott. The Lobby is updated and beautiful. Once you get to the rooms that changes. The heater was set on 76 when I got to the room. The room service was way over priced. Paid $39 for dinner when a more normal price would have been around 20-25. Most everything was overpriced. Rent a "Still in the Theater Movie"? Nope...it's $16.99. I will not be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sad to hear we did not meet your expectations. The lobby and public space was the first phase of our renovation project so we are glad you approve of the design. The room renovation is underway now and will be finished by March and the new rooms are sure to exceed your expectations.

If you decide to give us another chance, please contact me directly prior to your arrival and I will personally ensure a worry free stay along with dinner and a movie on us.

Jefferson City
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you are flying out of Lambert Airport, St. Louis I highly recommend that you stay at the Marriott. We stayed on December 25, 2013. Even though the staff had to work on Christmas they were so helpful and friendly. They showed us around the hotel and even had the restaurant/bar open on Christmas. The rooms were very comfortable. You can leave your car parked at the hotel while you travel and the shuttle runs every 20 minutes so you are sure to be delivered to or picked up from the airport with little waiting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star Review! We truly appreciate the compliments and are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Please visit us soon as our team is ready to be brilliant hosts once again.

Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2014

#1 signage on I-70 driving East did NOT have the hotel listed so we missed out exit TWICE!! Check in was speedy. #2 Was advised to enter in rear of hotel with close parking and take elevator up to 2. Once there, the signage did NOT show our room number to direct us. Took several tries to figure out layout of hotel and where our room was(there was another "lost" couple in the hallway searching also!). Room was smaller than today's standard but had to remind myself this was for mostly a park'n fly clientele and space not required. Had to call front desk for directions on how to get to lobby when we left room to get to the NYE ballroom cause again not sure how to do with lack of signage and renovation being done on first floor. #3 Ordered my first drink and saw bartender pouring in diet PEPSI--I only drink diet COKE and had called the hotel prior to going to see what product they had so I would know whether to take some with me!!! Not a happy camper--until I took first sip and it was generously rum and the pepsi aftertaste was nil!
The Contagious NYE bash was a blast. Great music, great food and thanks to great bartenders, great drinks! Parking was included in our package price. Would choose this hotel for a park'n fly option. Even though right across from airport, slept well in the room with room darkening drapes and did not hear any planes!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the New Years Eve celebration and look forward to hosting you again this year.

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I live in the Columbia, Missouri area and parked at the hotel for a flight to Florida. When I returned, my car was snow covered. Darren, a hotel staff member, cleaned the snow off my car in the cold and wouldn't take a tip. He went above and beyond the call of duty and I appreciate it. He deserves many kudos for his kindness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review and for taking the time to acknowledge Darin's service. We are truly lucky to have him on the team.

We look forward to your return and better weather!!!

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed December 30, 2013

However I must have hit the hotel after all of the renovations were done. I thought that the stay here was very good overall. The room was a little dated, even though they have done some renovations. The carpet in my room needed to be refreshed and there's no way a king top properly sits on a queen box spring (If anyone from Marriott wants to contact me directly on this I'd be happy to send them evidence). But after staying in lesser chains for the week it was a breath of fresh air to see a professional hotel chain with great staffing.

The location and staff were excellent. I found some minor issues with the room but overall it's a great value near Lambert Field and I would recommend the location.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the positive review and are truly happy you noticed and approved of our renovation. You will be happy to know the guest room renovation is underway and the new rooms are sure to delight.

We look forward to hosting you again soon,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2013

At my stay at this hotel, I had one of the very best experiences with this desk professional on evening shif. Her name was Lynn, she had the very best personality ever. I have travelled all over these great states in my 64 years but this lady did everything possible to make our stay as well as any one possibly could. I want say thank you Lynn and have a beautiful holiday season. My God bless you and your family for just being the nice person you are!!!!!!! If we ever come back it will be because of you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 5 Star Review and for acknowledging the great team members we have. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

314-253-5155 Direct Line
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!