“-Exceptional Shuttle Service”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Saint Louis, Missouri
“-Exceptional Shuttle Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have been traveling on a weekly basis for the past four years. As a weekly traveler I can recognize an exceptional, customer focused associate. Imagine my delight when I was greeted by a courteous and knowledgeable Darin, a shuttle driver for the Airport Marriott in St. Louis.

Darin did not let the fact that it was 1130 p.m. slow him down; he shared valuable information about the hotel's amenities such as room service, bar and restaurant hours. Darin also made sure that I knew all about how the hotel could support my business needs (printing, faxing, Wi-Fi, etc...). Just when I thought he might have been through with his presentation he took it one step further and described the local attractions and how one could get there taking the city's public transportation system.

Overall, I feel as though my seemingly short ride with Darin was a wonderful value-added experience and I look forward to learning about St. Louis through my new-favorite shuttle driver, Darin.

Thank you Marriott, for Darin, he is a rare gem!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for the exceptional review!! We appreciate the great comments and agree we are lucky to have Darin on our team.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Respectfully
314-253-5155 Direct Line

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
San Antonio TX
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is the closest hotel to STL airport and it is a nice property. Al, our shuttle bus driver, gave us a great orientation to the hotel. He explained the shuttle schedule, hotel amenities, introduced the front desk by name and even went as far as to describe the night’s dinner menu and morning breakfast options….all in a ¼ mile trip. HVAC system is very effective and room temp matches what is selected. King rooms are nice, clean and well appointed. Bed is very comfortable. Concierge room is very nice and Meg Wilhite and Karen Tyler are friendly, welcoming and very helpful. I was really impressed by Toz…the AM doorman. As I waited for my van, I started talking with him when a senior citizen approached using a cane. Toz excused himself and asked the gentleman if he could assist him. He said no, he was just going out to get his car. Toz offered to go out and pick up his car for him. While the gentleman declined his offer, it was a sincere gesture of service. A hotel is a lot more than bricks and mortar and obviously the STL Marriott has a commitment to service. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: Request Marquis tower...rooms have been upgraded
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review!! We are very excited to hear of your experience and will be sure to acknowledge the team members you mentioned. Our staff is dedicated to delivering the best possible experience and they love to know when they make it happen.

We hope to see you again soon,
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott in St Louis and from the minute I walked in I received stellar service. I got a wonderful room, attendants immediately offered to take my bags, and the dining room staff were incredibly polite. The telephone operator Lynora had an exceptionally professional and polite telephone manner. Having been a prior switchboard operator, I know firsthand how difficult that is to do, especially when working the later hours. Overall I loved the Marriott, and I will most definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!!! We truly appreciate the positive comments about our hotel and staff. We will be sure to acknowledge Lynora's exceptional service as we are lucky to have her on the team.

We look forward to serving you again soon,
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before a 6 am flight. Very close to the airport. Rooms just Ok. The restaurant was surprisingly good. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Rooms small but adequate. The room did not have the upgraded Marriott bed. Front desk and restaurant staff were very nice.

• Stayed November 2013
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the positive comments about the staff and restaurant. You will be happy to know our room renovation begins this month and the new rooms will provide all the modern conveniences you have come to expect.

We hope to see you again soon,
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The renovations are wonderful. Our first stay there was for the 2013 World Series and everything was pure Marriott. This past week on business, not so good. They were just a little off their game. The airport shuttle was late -- but that happens. However, when you call twice to ask how much longer, it is better not to say anything than to give a shorter time than actually happens. At the front desk, my reservation for a suite was not available. I called the day before to confirm and found out the original reservation I had was a hospitality suite. Good enough for my planned meeting but no bed. Dining room tables are hard to sleep on. They said I had been switched, but apparently not.

They eventually arranged for a suite but had to put me in an area being renovated. Indeed my suite needed that. But my guess is it will turn out as nice as the rest of the place. Service as always was great and our waitresses in the bar were absolutely wonderful. My Platinum Status next year will testify to my commitment. I will be back, and my guess is they will be on their game for all nine innings. Go Cardinals! Go Marriott!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the positive comments and will research the shuttle issue to ensure this does not happen again.

See you again soon,
Missouri50
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stay here for both business and pleasure as needed. The hotel has recently completed a complete renovation of lobby and main floor area. It is really nice and very conducive to business and travel about the St. Louis area. I would highly recommend this hotel for St. Louis.

Room Tip: Marquis Tower rooms are best. Might ask for even numbered rooms if you want a darker room at sunrise...
1 Thank Missouri50
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! We are very glad to hear you enjoy your time with us as much as we love serving you.

See you soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lobby, recently refurbished, fresh colours. Good space in public areas including bar, lounge, internet area and restaurant. Good, hot, breakfast buffet with plenty of choices. Attentive, friendly staff.
Room decor is a little dated, but very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms a bit tight for space, but good shower pressure. Additional charge to park in outdoor hotel parking area overnight seemed an unwarranted charge!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review. We are proud of the recently completed lobby, bar and restaurant renovation and are very happy you liked as well!! Our room renovation will begin on December 16th so please make sure to let us know when you return as we will provide a newly renovated room for you.

Respectfully,
314-253-5155 Direct Line
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!