“An all-star just a little off its game!”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The renovations are wonderful. Our first stay there was for the 2013 World Series and everything was pure Marriott. This past week on business, not so good. They were just a little off their game. The airport shuttle was late -- but that happens. However, when you call twice to ask how much longer, it is better not to say anything than to give a shorter time than actually happens. At the front desk, my reservation for a suite was not available. I called the day before to confirm and found out the original reservation I had was a hospitality suite. Good enough for my planned meeting but no bed. Dining room tables are hard to sleep on. They said I had been switched, but apparently not.

They eventually arranged for a suite but had to put me in an area being renovated. Indeed my suite needed that. But my guess is it will turn out as nice as the rest of the place. Service as always was great and our waitresses in the bar were absolutely wonderful. My Platinum Status next year will testify to my commitment. I will be back, and my guess is they will be on their game for all nine innings. Go Cardinals! Go Marriott!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the positive comments and will research the shuttle issue to ensure this does not happen again.

See you again soon,

There are newer reviews for Marriott St. Louis Airport

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stay here for both business and pleasure as needed. The hotel has recently completed a complete renovation of lobby and main floor area. It is really nice and very conducive to business and travel about the St. Louis area. I would highly recommend this hotel for St. Louis.

Room Tip: Marquis Tower rooms are best. Might ask for even numbered rooms if you want a darker room at sunrise...
1  Thank Missouri50
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! We are very glad to hear you enjoy your time with us as much as we love serving you.

See you soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lobby, recently refurbished, fresh colours. Good space in public areas including bar, lounge, internet area and restaurant. Good, hot, breakfast buffet with plenty of choices. Attentive, friendly staff.
Room decor is a little dated, but very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms a bit tight for space, but good shower pressure. Additional charge to park in outdoor hotel parking area overnight seemed an unwarranted charge!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the positive review. We are proud of the recently completed lobby, bar and restaurant renovation and are very happy you liked as well!! Our room renovation will begin on December 16th so please make sure to let us know when you return as we will provide a newly renovated room for you.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

During my recent stay at the Marriott St. Louis Airport Ashley Jones went out of her way to make sure my needs as a valued Marriott guest were met.....even when I was not my most kind and considerate she went above and beyond to accomodate me....she is truly an asset to the Marriott family

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the excellent review and for acknowledging Ashley. We are lucky to have her on the team and will be sure to celebrate your encounter with her.

Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

During my recent stay at the St. Louis Airport Marriott Hotel I had to take the shuttle to the airport to catch my flight. So, I went to the front waiting area and boarded the shuttle. The shuttle driver was named Darin Knight. Darin's service was outstanding. His courteous services and friendly greeting made my day! I highly recommend this hotel which has excellent rooms, efficient front desk and a fair restaurant but above all the shuttle driver!
Thanks Darin! Keep up the good work. You're "one of a kind" and much appreciated.
Regards,
A tired traveler

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and took note of our exceptional transportation team. We will celebrate Darin's performance as an outstanding host.

Please visit us again soon.
314-253-5155 Direct

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice, new, clean lobby/entrance. Decent, clean, well kept rooms. Additional fee for self parking and no inclusive food. Typically we like inclusive breakfast bar which isn't typical of establishments like this. Room furnishings were fresh looking and carpet in good shape, but ceiling/fixtures were a little worn.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you again soon.

When you return, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to provide our exceptional buffet complimentary.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very old and tired hotel. You can do much better at a newer limited service hotel (Courtyard if addicted to Marriott points). Rooms are small and old. No fridge or microwave. They are still trying to charge for spotty wireless service. Becoming a regular problem with Marriott properties.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You will be happy to know our room renovation will begin this month along with the installation of a new high speed internet solution.

We hope to regain your trust on your next visit. Please contact me directly and I will ensure an error free visit.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!