“Great stay before a flight”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed the night before we left for vacation. The price was reasonable, the bed was the comfiest bed ever, and the staff was friendly. Being able to leave our truck there while we were gone and being shuttled back and forth from the airport was our main reason for staying. Great place, will stay again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for the 5 Star Review!!! We love the comments about our awesome staff and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently needed to take a very early morning flight out of St. Louis Lambert Field and rather than staying at either a Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn farther south, I decided to stay at the Marriott right at the airport.

When I pulled up (and, by the way, the people at National Rental Car were kind enough to run me over from their dropoff point a 1/2 mile or so away - excellent service National!! Kudos to them!!), I saw this rather old fashioned-looking 1950's or 60's style hotel and thought, "Oh boy, here we go."

My receptors were up because the price was slightly less than either the Courtyard or Residence Inn where I'd been alternating my stays over the previous few weeks (in town working on a project), so I was a bit suspicious why that was . . . .

In any event, as I walked into the lobby, my trepidation instantly melted away as I saw a gorgeous lobby, with an beautiful, large lobby bar and off-lobby restaurant. Marble floors, tasteful lobby decor - my hopes for a comfortable, well-appointed room were considerably raised! Reception was efficient and very friendly. One more notch in their favor.

On the way to the room everything looked very clean, well-maintained, and completely out of character with the outside appearance of the hotel (which - to be clear - wasn't shabby, just old-fashioned).

I opened the door to the room and, as I have come to expect with Marriotts, the room was excellent. And being on the Concierge level, I strolled down to the common room and was heartily greeted by the attendant, asked what she could do for me, showed me around . . . Wow!

I later went down for dinner in the restaurant adjoining the lobby and have a super attentive server and a lovely dinner, with a extensive food selection and wine list.

So, the old adage held true in this case: "You can't judge a book by its cover!"

Next time I return to the north end of St. Louis for business, there's no question that I'll stay at this property. Maybe a bit longer drive to where I'll need to go, but this hotel is well worth that small inconvenience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Wow! What a great 5 Star Review. Your comments will be shared with the entire team as each employee loves to hear about guest experiences like yours.

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fantastic customer service! The entire staff was exceptionally polite and went out of their way to ensure an enjoyable experience. The grounds were well maintained, the view was great, and we were very pleased with the room. We made a last minute reservation when they were sold out (we were the last room they had space for) and so they could not guarantee two double beds, but when we got there, we still got the room we had wanted.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the 5 Star Review!!! We appreciate the kind words and love the fact you took the time to share with us.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

These type hotels gig you for everything. Parking fee of. $10
Daily. Pet fee of $50!!!! No free breakfast. No free wifi. Water in room
for $3.50 a bottle. Room small
And bathroom very small. Hotel was clean and staff was excellent. However I would go elsewhere

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for the great comments about our staff and cleanliness. Our team members take great pride in their performance and love to hear when things go well. While the fees you mention are standard in our industry and market, I would be more than happy to provide these services complimentary to you should you visit us again.

Please contact me directly prior to your stay and I will personally ensure an exceptional experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I used the Marriott for a Park and Fly. I can't say enough about the courtesy of staff at the Airport Marriott. The girls at the front desk were friendly and helpful. A gentleman who has worked there over 30 yrs. named Toz was impressive, polished, and should be teaching a hospitality course. A very polite older man sweeping outside saw me struggling with my luggage was kind enough to assist me. The shuttle driver was upbeat and friendly. Marriott does it right and I'm glad to know real customer service does exist somewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Awesome review!! Thank you.
We are extremely thankful to have such a great group of team members and it is awesome for them to be recognized in this format. Your comments have been shared and celebrated throughout the hotel.

Please visit us again soon!!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Overall an excellent experience. Well staffed and courteous. Made you feel at home. Rooms had that feeling of space. Could've had a better restaurant in the lobby. Okay,though. Went with my wife and her niece. They took pictures. Lots of parking.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We truly appreciate the 5 Star Review and the kind comments about the staff. We strive to deliver the best possible service and it is always great to hear when we get it right.

Please visit us again soon as we will be rolling out a new restaurant menu soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Turlock, CA
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

YUKS - Pungent musty/moldy unpleasant smell in my room and dead cockroach in the bathroom. Loose toilet seat nearly dumped me onto the floor. Pay for wifi, parking, breakfast.
OKs - good bed, convenient shuttle to airport.
NOTE - Better options exist with shuttle near STL airport and cheaper! Won't stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are truly frustrated to hear your comments and will follow up to ensure we correct the issues.
We hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Prior to your next visit, please contact me directly and I will personally ensure a carefree visit.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!