“First rate service!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“First rate service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Although my stay at the Marriott St. Louis Airport hotel was brief, the warm, friendly, professional service offered by the staff was outstanding -- 5 stars! I am especially indebted to Lindsay and Ashley at the front desk who assisted my sister and me in getting our rooms in a prompt manner, despite a paucity of cleaned up rooms when we checked in (approximately 1 pm on Saturday, 8/10). We were there to attend funeral services for our late cousin and needed to be at the church by 4 pm. Ashley, Lindsay and the front desk manager understood our situation and dealt with us in a very courteous manner appropriate for the somber circumstances of our stay. The only reason why I rated the facility a "4" instead of a "5" was because the hotel was described as "newly renovated" online but the lobby is still very much undergoing renovations. Despite this small inconvenience, I was very impressed by this facility.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. We are happy we made your stay as care free as possible given the circumstances. You will also be happy to know our front desk and lobby are now complete. We hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon.

We will share your kind comments with the team!

314-253-5155 Direct

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

In fairness, this hotel is being renovated, so a number of my issues were a result of the construction.

1) Dinner
Had dinner with 6 people. The waitress forgot my meal. Manager gave me 1/2 off
2) Room Access
Access to one of the two lobby elevators were blocked on the second evening causing a long line in the lobby. I figured out a way to go around to the rear elevator
3) Internet
It always angers me when I have to pay $12+ a day to access the internet. Especially when I'm paying over $200/night for a room!
4) Room
Old tube TV? I mean, I thought I was the last person to convert to LCD...guess not!
5) Staff
The staff was generally friendly and helpful but couldn't make up for the other deficiencies

Bottom-line too much $ for too few amenities

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our renovation does form time to time create inconveniences accessing certain areas of the hotel but we hope you will agree the end result is worth the price of innovation. Next time, we hope you take advantage of complimentary internet in all public space as well as on six computers located in the lobby. Our room renovation will being within the next few weeks and will address all the modern amenities you expect in the guest room as well.

We hope to see you again soon,
Elizabeth, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

What would you expect for benefits for a Platinum Member? Not what we expected! While the 9th floor concierge room was GREAT...servers very friendly and going out of their way to please us (especially our daughter and her love of bacon). Our room was a disappointment. Two DOUBLE beds...who still has doubles? Our room was not serviced one day and we never got the amount of towels for which we asked. The pool was nice...but there were never any dry towels available. The lounge has no ambience and was very noisy...not conducive for conversation. The beds were okay, the pillows were comfortable...but I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have more than two in your party. They do NOT offer rollaway beds even t...
1 Thank Wylldcat
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will share your comments with the team to ensure others are not disappointed in the same way.

Please note, we do indeed offer rollaway beds, but not in our rooms with two double beds as they do not fit into the space efficiently. Perhaps this was not properly explained upon your request.

We hope you visit us again soon so we have the opportunity to regain your trust.

Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I want to acknowledge Lindsay Anderton and Bob (wait staff) for their outstanding assistance to me at the AUSA Chapter Leader Development Training (6-11 August). In particular I want to say that Bob in the past 6 years has gone out of his way to make sure that the students attending the AUSA training are well satisfied with their meals. Both are a credit to the Marriott.

Please make sure to acknowledge both these individuals for the professionalism and pride in their jobs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! We are delighted to know we delivered a memorable experience. We are blessed to have Bob and Lindsay on our team and will make sure they are celebrated amongst the team.

314-253-5155 Direct Line
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Friend of mine and I were in St. Louis recently to see a ballgame at Busch Stadium. We were going to stay elsewhere, but found that they were booked up for the night, so that morning I was scrambling to find a place....I found that the Marriott had a special rate so I took the chance and booked it.

We got there about 1pm, 2 hours earlier than check-in and I was expecting the front desk staff to tell us to come back later....but no, they welcomed us with open arms and had the room ready for us, so we decided to take our stuff up and relax before going to the game.

Upon entering the room, it looked very cozy and welcoming. Great choice of cable channels and also the beds were very comfortable. Both of us got a very good night sleep after the game.

My only minor complaint of this stay was trying to find the stairwells in the back of the hotel. Upon returning from the game, we had to park in the back of the hotel. We entered one of the rear doors but ended up having to go all the way to the front of the hotel and use the elevator.

All in all a good stay, though, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice hotel close to the airport. Also note there is a $10 per day charge for parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the positive review. We are very happy to hear we were able to contribute to your ball park experience. Please also note, we are a great option for all downtown events as our 24 hour airport shuttle will take you to and from the Metro stop which will have you downtown in less than a half hour.

Please visit us again soon,
floral city
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

When checking in to our rooms we found black mold on walls and on a/c vent covers. The air smelt horrible! I contacted the manger and explained that family had just been treated for black mold sickness from a rental home costing 13,000.00$ and the room was not appropriate for my family! There were very nice about it, both the other properties were booked so they moved us to another room and gave us free room for night. We left at 4am next morning to decrease the risk to our family. We were planning on staying here is December, and the hotel starts remolding in oct 2013. but we will stay elsewhere for our safety. Also the bathroom door would not shut because it was warped from water damage

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thanks for writing a review about your recent stay. I was concerned to read about the problem with your room. I appreciate you letting us know about the issue and I am glad our staff was able to respond quickly by moving you to another room and compensating you for the inconvienence. If you change your mind and decide to give us another chance in December, we would appreciate the opportunity and I would be happy to personally check your room prior to your arrival. Please contact me at 314-253-5140.

Cheryl Prenger
Director of Rooms
Purdy, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently attended a conference for two days and had a wonderful stay. We were greeted by Jerry at the door when we arrived and he knew we were teachers. He was so helpful and went out of his way to make our stay a wonderful experience! Ray at the front desk was also very helpful during our stay as well! The remodeling that was taking place is going to make the hotel very beautiful and inviting. Thanks for the great experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review! We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We will be sure to share your nice comments with both Jerry & Ray. We enjoyed having your group at the hotel and look forward to your return.
Thanks again,
Cheryl Prenger
Director of Rooms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!