“November trip”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Collierville, Tennessee
“November trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice hotel , the beds were nice,but should be Queen. The staff was friendly. My kids liked the pool. No water pressure,small bathroom. Very close to the airport. The only problem we had was the ice machine was out. Had to go up a floor or down a floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We truly value the feedback and use the information as training tools for our staff. We will surely celebrate the kind comments you made about the team and research the ice machine issue.
We are already looking forward to your return. Prior to your next visit, please contact me directly if I can serve you in any way.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am not impressed with this Marriott - it does not meet the standards of the average marriott. The beds were bad, the carpets old, and 50% of the elevators in one tower weren't working the entire time, and I got stuck in the other one when it failed.

1 Thank Lronn H
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We appreciate your feedback about the hotel. We depend on our customers to provide feedback to continually improve and refine our service & accomodations. We are looking forward to a $15 million dollar renovation beginning the 1st quarter of next year which will address the items that you mention. I hope that you will come back and see us then. If there is ever anything I can do to make your stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheryl Prenger
Direcot of Rooms
Jackson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our room was in the tower section and was adequate. I wish I could say more, but there was nothing extraordinary about the room. The beds were softer than many hotels when you find hard cheap matresses. These were good for me. The room had two doubles and one would think that Quees size would be the norm these days. I little small for two folks.
We tried to eat in the Grille on the main level. The restaurant was not half full. We ordered a hamburger and a bowl of soup. At the 48 minute mark, we had no food, just apologises. We asked if the food was ready and it was not. We stopped at the gift shop and got two bags of chips and called it dinner. I can see no reason for such slow service at a modest sized restaurant.
This was a large soccer weekend and the hotel was full. The tower is served by two elevators and one was not working until Sunday. Really! There was reports of elevator not working in prior reviews as well. Basic stuff and left - unrepaired. Leaves a bad impression.

Room Tip: There is a charge for parking and for Wifi.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Drguz
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the long wait that you experienced in the Grill. I understand your frustation and assure you that your feedback will be passed on to our Food & Beverage team.

If your travels bring you back to St. Louis, please contact me prior to your arrival, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you the type of excellent service we typically deliver.

Cheryl Prenger
Director of Rooms
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great weekend stay at this property! Each staff member we encountered from front desk, to housekeeping, to restaurant staff and manager, went out of their way to not only meet our needs, but anticipate. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great positive vibe throughout the hotel. So refreshing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We truly value the feedback and use the information as training tools for our staff. We will surely celebrate the kind comments you made about the team.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Check in was exactly how I like it - fast and easy. Service was great and my room was in the newer tower. The rooms are a little small (narrow with high ceilings), but if you are only there for one night, it really doesn't matter. The beds were comfortable and my room was very clean.

I had breakfast in the concierge lounge - not many choices and the food was average; however, there is a stand at the front door with quick breakfast items and water at no charge to guests. Next time, I will just grab something as I leave instead of getting up early for breakfast.

I noticed that the hallway on my floor needed vacuuming - and still needed it when I left the next morning.
I would stay here again - overall, very nice

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel was clean. Staff was super friendly. WiFi was iffy. Rooms were cheap and standard. We were in a room with an A/C control for the stairwell that was loud and made it difficult to fall asleep. Nice gym. Right off the highway and super close to the airport. Food served at the conference was pretty good!

TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is well placed near the airport. The staff could not be better, and they go out of their way to make everything happen. The hotel is in dire need of renovation, with very tired guest rooms, banquet rooms and lobby. When the planned renovation is complete this hotel will be a good choice if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We use your comments as training tools as we continue to strive for perfection. You will be happy to know we are only a few months away from the start of our renovation. We are certain you will like what you see upon your next visit.

Please contact me directly prior to your next arrival if I can serve you in any way.
314-253-5155 Direct
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!