“Every staff member went above and beyond”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great weekend stay at this property! Each staff member we encountered from front desk, to housekeeping, to restaurant staff and manager, went out of their way to not only meet our needs, but anticipate. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great positive vibe throughout the hotel. So refreshing!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We truly value the feedback and use the information as training tools for our staff. We will surely celebrate the kind comments you made about the team.
We are already looking forward to your return. Prior to your next visit, please contact me directly if I can serve you in any way.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Check in was exactly how I like it - fast and easy. Service was great and my room was in the newer tower. The rooms are a little small (narrow with high ceilings), but if you are only there for one night, it really doesn't matter. The beds were comfortable and my room was very clean.

I had breakfast in the concierge lounge - not many choices and the food was average; however, there is a stand at the front door with quick breakfast items and water at no charge to guests. Next time, I will just grab something as I leave instead of getting up early for breakfast.

I noticed that the hallway on my floor needed vacuuming - and still needed it when I left the next morning.
I would stay here again - overall, very nice

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel was clean. Staff was super friendly. WiFi was iffy. Rooms were cheap and standard. We were in a room with an A/C control for the stairwell that was loud and made it difficult to fall asleep. Nice gym. Right off the highway and super close to the airport. Food served at the conference was pretty good!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is well placed near the airport. The staff could not be better, and they go out of their way to make everything happen. The hotel is in dire need of renovation, with very tired guest rooms, banquet rooms and lobby. When the planned renovation is complete this hotel will be a good choice if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We use your comments as training tools as we continue to strive for perfection. You will be happy to know we are only a few months away from the start of our renovation. We are certain you will like what you see upon your next visit.

Please contact me directly prior to your next arrival if I can serve you in any way.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in downtown STL for the day. We couldn't find an affordable place downtown, so we opted to find near the airport. We've stayed at numerous Marriotts and had good experiences so we stayed here. The price was comparable to the others, but this hotel is old. They only had the 2 elevators in the lobby and the hallways seem like a maze. Reception desk service was superb. We had problems going into the parking lot because the key they gave us at check-in wouldn't work. After about 10 swipes, the bar finally opened and we were able to park. Thank goodness because there was a line of cars behind us and there was no way we would have been able to back up. Parking is not free. Our reservation included that however, along with breakfast. That was a joke! Good thing it was included with the room. $15 per person was pretty steep especially if the food was the same as at a best western; nothing special. Our stay at a 2-star would've probably been cheaper with the same quality of breakfast. Our waitress was really nice but the other lady that we tried to ask question about our drinks was very rude. She was also rude to the people sitting by us that she was serving. We would've left had she been our waitress. Breakfast was 6:30-10. We got there at 8:30 and they haven't replenish the food. They were out of the eggs, fried potatoes, and fruits. Our room was clean but the bed was not very comfy. There was like a dip in the middle of the mattress. May be time to change it. Overall, we just needed a place to sleep and this hotel served that purpose even though we didn't really get a good night sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We use your comments as training tools as we continue to strive for perfection. You will be happy to know we are only a few months away from the start of our renovation. We are certain you will like what you see upon your next visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We enjoyed the stay but we left our camera. We notified the front desk within a hour of our departure. After several calls they said they had it and they would turn it in to lost and found. When we called lost and found they said they had never found it . There were inconsistent stories. We have yet to know the full story. All we wanted was our camera back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We know how frustrating a lost personal item can be and I assure you we will continue to look for your camera with the hope of returning it to you.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again. Please contact me directly prior to your next visit if I can personally assist in any way.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for work. Comfortable room, great staff, and pretty clean property. Unfortunatly, I arrived to a "suprise" left in the toliet, and it was plugged up. Maitenence came very quickly and solved the problem. The guy was very nice and worked very fast.
Its a very big property, so if you can, I'd get a room close to the elevator...I walked forever with lots of equiment for work, and it was far. Overall, it was nice and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator....very long hallways.