“Excellent customer service”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed July 30, 2011

On a recent quick business trip to St. Louis, I had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott at the St. Louis Airport. The staff there couldn't have been more accommodating. While preparing for a speaking engagement, I was ironing a new white sweater and the iron leaked rusty-colored water on the garment which I was unable to get out in the sink. The manager very graciously offered to clean it (not enough time) or replace it by paying me the value of the sweater. I asked them to wait until I got home to see if I could get it clean in the wash (which I did) but appreciated their prompt offer to replace my sweater. I would stay there again in a minute!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cedmark
There are newer reviews for Marriott St. Louis Airport

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Randomly picked hotel as location to the airport looked great.

Really pleased with the cleanliness of the room and value for the dollar. Opted to include breakfast with room rate and the restaurant was really yummy.

The pool was very clean and guests were very respectful of space and the relaxed atmosphere.

Overall, we would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed here for one night when I had a quick turn-around in St. Louis. While the hotel is very dated looking, I found my room to be clean and comfortable. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was given a corner room and it was very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The St. Louis Airport Marriott was dated when I started coming here 35 years ago, but I keep coming here. They continue to work with what they have, but the buildings provide some limitations. On the plus side the room was recently refurbished and has all of Marriott's up-to-date business features .... however I am retired and don't need them any more. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff was professional and friendly - to me a Marriott trademark. The bathroom was tight, but it was clean. Temperature contols worked wonderfully which you don't always get in a hotel of this genre. You can't get much closer to the airport without being on the airport grounds itself. They have a shuttle, but you could walk it fairly easily.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nrstycz
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I must say that service was very good at The Hotel. The ladies at the restaurants and gift shop were very nice and friendly. Rooms and hallways are very dated. Had breakfast at the restaurant, nice and friendly but super expensive for what you get. Wouldn't be my first choice for a Hotel . It almost feels like it is an upgraded Motel and does not feel like a Marriott.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is a fairly large airport hotel. It was fine for a quick business trip. It's about a 3 minute shuttle ride from the airport. My king room was rather small, but fine for a single traveler. The bathroom was VERY clean.
The restaurant was nice, with a pretty typical hotel menu. They operate a Starbucks on site. I didn't check out the fitness center.
My only "con" with this hotel was that I had a feeling of uneasiness with respect to safety. Perhaps because it's such a large hotel (with narrow hallways), I walked quite a way to my room, and I just felt a bit cautious. Nothing happened, but it was just a strange feeling.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I love Marriott hotels but not this one. This hotel is a bit dated and needs to be remodeled. That being said, it was clean, convenient to the airport and the staff was friendly. The worst part of the experience was these huge lights in the parking lot that shine into the hotel windows of the rooms facing the side lot. Even with the curtains fully closed the lights shined in around the side and if felt like you were sleeping during daylight. I can't understand why they wouldn't reposition these. I asked to be moved but they didn't have any other rooms available, however they did give me bonus Marriott points for my troubles.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!