“Nice hotel, great pictures of TWA aviation and celeb photos all around”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Jordan
“Nice hotel, great pictures of TWA aviation and celeb photos all around”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed here 1 night before a flight. It's a very nice hotel. The executive lounge is not open every night. I was there on a FRI night (no lounge or access...or extra amenity to make up for it). The room air-condition unit worked well...but when it came on it made a loud noise and rattled...sort of made sleeping difficult. I really enjoyed walking around looking at all the aviation photos (in the room...in the halls...in the lobby). I also went down the street to the Golden Pancake restaurant and really enjoyed my meal there...it beat the high prices of the hotel restaurant. I am a Hilton Diamond member...and I know I could pick the MY WAY points to get free internet...but I don't do that. I want the points. So, I don't like that they want $9.95 a night for internet service. Still - a nice place...I've stayed there a number of times since the mid-1990's.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Moscow, ID
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I called a week prior to my arrival to come in a night earlier than I had originally planned. I should have booked on-line, because after being assured it was taken care of, I arrived to find the room had not been booked. The hotel was full for the night and I was told that there were no hotels within 45 minutes available. The staff did not apologize or offer to help me find another hotel. The front desk was not even busy at the time, yet they acted as if it was my fault that I had no place to stay. When I told them the name of the person responsible, they informed me that "She is no longer employed here." The actual stay was adequate - they are making efforts to upgrade the hotel and the location by the airport was convenient. I contacted the main Hilton customer service department to ask for an explanation after I returned home. It took them two weeks to get back to telling me that that the employee had indeed not changed the reservation. Thanks for stating the obvious - I kind of figured that out when I arrived and had no room! Worst night of my life in a strange town no knowing a soul. There are many other options close to the airport - choose one with a little basic customer service instead.

1 Thank MasterPlanner14
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I am surprised that this hotel is not rated higher on the list. I was there for two days on business and was very pleased with both the hotel and the staff. I did not get an upgrade (as mentioned in a previous review) but my room was lovely.

As a matter of fact, the travel company that arranged my flight got me into St Louis around 9:30am - hours before check-in. However, the personnel at the front desk were able to give me a room right away. That meant that I could get settled in and go explore St Louis. After a day of sightseeing, I dropped my weary body into a comfy chair in the bar and ordered a drink and the famous St Louis fried ravioli, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed.

My experiences at airport hotels has been mixed and this one was a pleasant surprise. The hotel shuttle takes you to and from the airport which gave me easy access to the metro and places around the city. The hotel's decor is lovely; the photographs and artwork add real personality to all areas - the lobby, bar, dining room, and hallways. There are "Up in the Air" images as the screen saver on the IMacs in the lobby. Who doesn't like seeing George Clooney? My room was very quiet and I was able to get a good night's sleep for my conference the next day. All in all, a brief but enjoyable stay.

melbourne
Reviewed July 25, 2010

A colleague and I recently stayed in this Hilton hotel. There were a number of major issues we encountered. First, there was NO hot water in any of the rooms in the morning and we both had to have stone cold showers. Second, the air conditioning in the room was very loud. It felt like I was trying to sleep on a 747. Third, I asked the front desk to leave a note under my colleagues door (and on his account) that I would not be joining him for breakfast (because the 747 air conditioner was keeping me awake and I needed sleep). The front desk did not leave a note under his door. Sure enough, he waited for me at breakfast for a long time. Fourth, when we complained about all of the above, we were told to ring Hilton honors! We are still trying to get a refund for our stay at this terrible Hilton. Maybe they should change the name to Motel 6.

Dayton, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was the most unkept Hilton we've ever stayed in. When we arrived in our room, there was not only no toilet tissue, there was not even a toilet tissue holder in the restroom. Upon notification, the attendant did come within five minutes with the tissue, but seemed dumbfounded by the fact that there was not where to place it but on the toilet tank.....the vanity was outside the bathing area. The hot water was running and we
advised the individual of this...it was approximately 7 pm. We left the room for 3-4 hours, the faucet was not repaired, nor were we offered the opportunity to move to another room. Our room was pre-paid through an online service, so there was no incentive to provide services or make sure we were satisied with our stay.
Would not recommend this location to anyone....it is just a very old Hilton that is in disrepair.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Service at this Hotel was very good. No problems but I would be certain they would have been taken care of quickly based on my contacts with all of the employees.

I got an upgrade to the executive floor but the only real difference I perceived was a small lounge (that was not open on Sunday night). the room was spacious and nicely decorated with old photos of TWA Constellation aircraft, a real treat for this airplane buff. The elevator lobby was full of photos of stars of the 50's and 60's on TWA boarding stairs (no long tubes like now) like Cassius Clay (before his name change) Cary Grant, Red Skelton, Zsa Zsa Gabor and many others.

Breakfast was included and was excellent with a wide variety of hot and cold dishes as well as omelets made to order. Service in the restaurant was great as well as at the Lobby bar which had a pretty good bar menu.

Although parking was not included it was only $10 which was reasonable.

I will definitely stay here again if on business in St Louis.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank skibuff
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I just returned from a wonderful stay (April 1-5) at the Hilton St. Louis Airport from to visit family for the Easter holiday and to celebrate my father’s 80th birthday. The staff at the hotel was great and went the extra mile to provide quality customer service. By far, this is the BEST Hilton airport property I’ve stayed at. The staff is superb and the recent renovations are top notch and remind me of Hilton properties in downtown locations, but better. I will definitely return and mention the Hilton St. Louis Airport as a ‘must stay’ property to my family, friends and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!