“The worst Hilton I have ever stayed in”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
melbourne
“The worst Hilton I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

A colleague and I recently stayed in this Hilton hotel. There were a number of major issues we encountered. First, there was NO hot water in any of the rooms in the morning and we both had to have stone cold showers. Second, the air conditioning in the room was very loud. It felt like I was trying to sleep on a 747. Third, I asked the front desk to leave a note under my colleagues door (and on his account) that I would not be joining him for breakfast (because the 747 air conditioner was keeping me awake and I needed sleep). The front desk did not leave a note under his door. Sure enough, he waited for me at breakfast for a long time. Fourth, when we complained about all of the above, we were told to ring Hilton honors! We are still trying to get a refund for our stay at this terrible Hilton. Maybe they should change the name to Motel 6.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Dayton, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was the most unkept Hilton we've ever stayed in. When we arrived in our room, there was not only no toilet tissue, there was not even a toilet tissue holder in the restroom. Upon notification, the attendant did come within five minutes with the tissue, but seemed dumbfounded by the fact that there was not where to place it but on the toilet tank.....the vanity was outside the bathing area. The hot water was running and we
advised the individual of this...it was approximately 7 pm. We left the room for 3-4 hours, the faucet was not repaired, nor were we offered the opportunity to move to another room. Our room was pre-paid through an online service, so there was no incentive to provide services or make sure we were satisied with our stay.
Would not recommend this location to anyone....it is just a very old Hilton that is in disrepair.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Service at this Hotel was very good. No problems but I would be certain they would have been taken care of quickly based on my contacts with all of the employees.

I got an upgrade to the executive floor but the only real difference I perceived was a small lounge (that was not open on Sunday night). the room was spacious and nicely decorated with old photos of TWA Constellation aircraft, a real treat for this airplane buff. The elevator lobby was full of photos of stars of the 50's and 60's on TWA boarding stairs (no long tubes like now) like Cassius Clay (before his name change) Cary Grant, Red Skelton, Zsa Zsa Gabor and many others.

Breakfast was included and was excellent with a wide variety of hot and cold dishes as well as omelets made to order. Service in the restaurant was great as well as at the Lobby bar which had a pretty good bar menu.

Although parking was not included it was only $10 which was reasonable.

I will definitely stay here again if on business in St Louis.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank skibuff
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I just returned from a wonderful stay (April 1-5) at the Hilton St. Louis Airport from to visit family for the Easter holiday and to celebrate my father’s 80th birthday. The staff at the hotel was great and went the extra mile to provide quality customer service. By far, this is the BEST Hilton airport property I’ve stayed at. The staff is superb and the recent renovations are top notch and remind me of Hilton properties in downtown locations, but better. I will definitely return and mention the Hilton St. Louis Airport as a ‘must stay’ property to my family, friends and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I recently had to stay at this Hilton so I could catch an early flight out the next day and was initially disappointed with the general feel of the rooms and overall atmosphere of the place...the only thing that I could really put my finger on to back what I am trying to say is that the same dishes from room service look like they have been in the hall on my floor ALL DAY LONG.

Anyway, I checked into my room to a broken AC unit to only add to my feelings about the place. However, the engineering guys who came to fix it really went out of their way to try and get things taken care of so I wouldn't have to change rooms. Once they threw in the towel on the AC unit, one of them went downstairs, got a key to a new room, and offered to help move my stuff to it.

Definitely above and beyond there and changed my opinion of the place! Great job!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 27, 2010

The Hilton at STL airport appears to have been completely renovated, so don't be put off by the large number of negative reviews. Like others have said, airport hotels get beaten up pretty quickly, and even the new furniture shows some signs of wear and tear. But the rooms are clean and spacious, and have an attractive and modern decor. Large floor-to-ceiling windows let in lots of light, and the oversized loveseat and flat screen TV allow for easy relaxation. The staff is great; I was upgraded to an executive floor despite only being a standard HHonors member (and I paid a discounted rate, which at most properties will get you a less desirable room). My only complaint is that (in my room, at least) the old toilet and bathtub were not replaced during the renovation, and they looked even more outdated next to the new tile and vanity. Keep in mind that this is a full-service hotel, so be prepared to pay $10 for both parking and internet (there are several computers in the lobby with free internet access however). Nevertheless, I would still recommend this hotel, and would definitely return if I were in the area again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Keasbey, New Jersey
Reviewed February 26, 2010

This is my 4th stay at this hilton and each time something has been bad or gone wrong but I let it go, however when your 4th stay sucks, you know its a problem with the hotel.

I've had the following things happen:
1. bathroom not clean
2. housekeeping doesn't clean room after 1st request NOR after 2nd request. Reception says they will get on it, they never do and they don't follow up.
3. Room service food sucks
4. Room service ordered on 4 occasions, wrong order on 3, doesn't even bring up the order at all on 1.
5. Internet service is expensive and doesn't work consistently
6. Parking is expensive and card doesn't work as its suppose to at the parking lot.

All in all, I am sick of staying at this hotel. I get better service and ammenities at the Hampton Inn.

Oh the positives? Its a big hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Anjani6898
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!