“Recent Hotel Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Louis, United States
“Recent Hotel Experience”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is very accomodating and everyone is friendly and personable. There were 3 staff members (Robert, Rachel, & Jeremy B.) that ensured top notch customer service. These 3 made my hotel/guest services experience wonderful! With staff members such as these 3, I will be back to visit very soon. Also the beds are comfortable and I woke up without any aches or pains. The shower is also nice and hot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Kandace A,

I am very pleased to read about the service you received from not only the team by Robert, Rachel and Jeremy B. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guests expectations. In our business, just a kind word and a warm welcoming attitude makes us stand apart from the crowd and I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes and much thanks,
Ryan Konz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My overall stay was excellent; my only complaint is that I would just like to see an improvement with the parking. I would like to have a more convenient way to enter the hotel from the parking lot. I was travelling alone and did not arrive until 11pm; so the parking lot was very dark, and the access to the hotel was a little awkward to get to and there wasn't much lighting or signage to show you to the hotel. Once I entered the hotel it was on the back side of the building and I wasn't sure where to go.... there was a definate lack of signage. Once I got to my room however; I was very pleased - a very comfortable room. I stayed one night and paid for inclusive parking while I flew out of state. It was a great deal; and I pretty much ended up getting my room for free, the parking would have cost more at one of the airport lots for the same amount of time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your hotel along with your feedback on parking. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel so much. Everyone was kind and helpful and the hotel is big dog friendly! Breakfast was delicious as well as the bar food late at night. Beds were super comfortable and the rooms were big and spacious.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Morgan M B,

Your comments regarding our rooms, breakfast and pet friendly environment are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at the airport Hilton in St Louis recently and was impressed by the staff and the quality of service I received. Even after having a small snafu after checkin, the staff was professional and gracious in accommodating the issue. Comfortable room and bed. The brunch was reasonably priced and had numerous hot items which seems a rarity these days. The fruit was amazingly fresh and what I enjoyed the most. The rooms were Hilton quality and the lobby was beautiful. The gym was also favorable with numerous cardio machines and full weights, including dumbbells and balls.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear SLSmart,

I was happy to read your comments. I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences especially the service and overall accommodations you received. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Murfreesboro, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The shuttle drivers were very nice as well (although not always prompt). The food was excellent. HOT water for one's shower is left to be desired here. Other than that, a pleasant stay.

Dear Hillary S,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences especially related to the shuttle and water as it affords us a valuable opportunity to improve on our services. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a great hotel - especially when you are meeting here for business. Staff was very helpful and the location was extremely convenient to the airport. The rooms are very nice and the meeting space / staff was also top notch. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Ryan O,

I appreciate your feedback. I am happy to read about your experiences with the staff, rooms and overall location. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Johnston, Iowa
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Checked in for a single night's stay prior to flying out early the next morning. I arrived early evening and the check-in process, while busy, was quite efficient. My room was small and in dire need of refreshing. I echo previous reviews stating that a major overhaul is needed of this property once you leave the lobby, which is nicely apportioned.

As a Diamond member, I was given access to the Executive Lounge on the 9th floor of Tower 1. I was ASTONISHED to find that there were charges in the Executive Lounge for drinks. I was asked to fill out a charge form so that the charges would appear on my room bill. In addition, there was a handwritten note posted requesting "donations" to offset costs. Seriously? I have earned this status through staying at Hilton properties for a total of 64 nights this year and have NEVER come across this in the lounge. If this is the new policy, then it's back to Marriott for me after 6 years of loyal patronage.

I contacted the Hilton Diamond Desk and they spoke with hotel management on my behalf regarding this policy. I was informed that the charges would be removed, however, the following morning my bill still reflected them.

The staff with whom I interacted at this property were wonderful, however.

Before staying here, be sure to read several of the recent reviews here on TA. I expect to see a fairly canned response to my posting as is seen for others. Unfortunately, it appears that while changes and improvements are promised time after time, little is actually occurring.

Hilton--This one's not up to standards. The front-line workers are fantastic. The policies and physical nature of this property, not so much.

Will not be staying here again. Nice Marriott down the street. If you want to stay with a Hilton property, try the Hampton Inn.

1 Thank Flyboy3
Dear Flyboy3,

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel during your stay. My team and I apologize for your experience although appreciate the honest feedback as we strive for overall excellent guest experience. In regards to the Executive Lounge, we do offer appetizers and non-alcoholic beverage complimentary and based on your feedback we will review our Honor Bar procedures to ensure they are clearer. Thank you again for your feedback and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Best regards,
Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!