“Cold”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Cold”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our room was so cold which would have been fine if we were staying in the summer time but it is November and chilly. We decided that since we were only there for two nights that we would deal with it. The bed was uncomfortable and I felt sore when I woke in the morning. The breakfast buffet was so-so, you would do better to just go to a restaurant somewhere else. I am in the process of trying to figure out odd charges on my credit card that we shouldn't have been charged, if someone would call me back. The only good thing I have to say is that the girls at the front desk were nice and friendly when we checked in. Overall, I do not think that we will be returning to this location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Lydia C.,

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. I will be communicating your comments with your team and addressing. In regards to your questions, since I don’t have your information please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you immediately. Finally we thank you for your feedback, and hope that the next time you're in town you'll stay with us again!

Thank you again for sharing.

Ryan Konz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
West Linn, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The meeting rooms have shoddy heating and cooling. The fitness area is dirty, broken equipment and no attention to cleanliness or servicing this area. Poor maintenance on the rooms, bathroom toilets leak, mold in the showers. Tough place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear David C,

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel during your stay. My team and I apologize that we were unable to provide you with the quality and service you expect from us during your recent stay. I apologize for your experiences but I want you to know that our team will work to ensure these addressed along with ensuring this does not happen again.

Riverdale, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

While most of the hotel staff was pleasant, management was another story all together. There was a manager who wore glasses, with copper colored hair that sat in a bob. She was very rude and lacked the customer service skills needed to be in the hospitality industry. She was very unpleasant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Nicole B,

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel during your stay. My team and I apologize that we were unable to provide you with the quality and service you expect from us during your recent stay. The concerns have been brought to the attention of not only me but our team will work to ensure this is addressed along with ensuring this does not happen again. Thank you again for your feedback and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Merced
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay here. The lobby was warm and welcoming, as was the staff. The only reason why the rating wasn't a 5 is because of the condition of the hallways. The rooms were clean, the staff was welcoming and accommodating. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear AMACsMom,

I appreciate your comments regarding our service, welcoming lobby and our rooms. This is what the staff strives for daily. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Chicago
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights this past week. Thought the rate was reasonable for a nicer Hilton vs nearby HGI and Hampton Inn. Service here is awsome with everyone being overly friendly. Lobby, bar, restaurant and fitness center were all nice. Breakfast was very good. Being an upscale property, be prepared for inflated food and drink prices. Parking $10. Rooms are nice, clean and TV has many choices. VIP lounge up on 9 is a nice alternative for snacks, drinks and cont breakfast. Downside: Room walls are paper thin. Crying baby next door (1 night only thankfully) sounded as if it were in my room - and I'm not kidding.
Overall, would stay here again. Would love for Hilton - especially this location, to waive parking charge for Diamond members.
Not many decent restaurant options on this airport hotel strip.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing airport for your best view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Kubzfan,

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us especially related our service and breakfast. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your downside comments will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes and much thanks,
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Last year I reviewed this property and opined that the hotel is “on its way to becoming a "Day's Inn" Hotel.” They might as well hang up the new sign now, as it has not improved. Business brought us back to STL and unfortunately to this hotel. As a Hilton "gold card member," I received free WIFI. But it takes the shine off a 'perk' when it does not work. Not 'operator error' (wife is a computer programmer). Rather, it did simply not work and the staff at the front desk really didn't care. Our two bottles of water (for gold level guests) was forgotten and I had to go to the front desk to retrieve them after checking in. A little thing, but little things do count. The breakfast buffet was awful. No one was working the omelette station, so wife went and knocked on the kitchen door to get the staff member who was back there with all the rest of the staff goofing off and chatting (is there a manager for this restaurant).

Room Tip: Try a different Hilton.
Dear Fayaya,

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel during your stay. My team and I apologize that we were unable to provide you with the quality and service you expect from us during your recent stay. The issues in your room have been brought to the attention of our team will work to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your feedback and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Overall a good experience. The common areas tend to be a bit dated, but the rooms are nicely updated. Furnishings are in decent shape. Room was clean and HVAC worked well. I prefer noise from the HVAC when I sleep, but the HVAC I had was almost silent. I know my wife would have LOVED that silence. Kudos to anyone that does love quiet.

Dear Valued Guest,

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Best wishes and much thanks,
Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!