“Great experience!”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We had a good experience at this Hilton.

We booked the cheapest room available and it was in very good condition!!.

It seems that the major remodelation at the hotel is almost done. They' re still working in some hallways, but the room looked new and clean.

Cons: The pool is small, but if you don't care...is ok.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed July 7, 2008

We had a great stay. The rooms were recently remodeled on our floor. The front desk staff, especially Darrell, were very nice and helpful. Jennifer Moore is a GREAT asset to this hotel. She knows how to make her guests feel special!!!! Their web site allows you to order extra pillows & towels ahead of time. You can also order food, wine, etc, to be in your room when you arrive (for a reasonable charge) . We stayed 2 nights and had 2 rooms. They do charge for parking...but they may comp it for you...just ask!! We had a sandwich and some soup in the bar one night and it was super!!! Very friendly staff..We will stay there again when in the area!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2008

The room was clean and comfortable. Door would not shut all of the way when you would go in or out. We had left the room for a few hours and came back the room had been clean but the door was not closed all of the way, you did not need a room key to open it. When the maintance person came to look at the door he said that the maids always close the doors, which is not true. There were several in our group that had the same complaint. One couples room was broke into with them in the bed asleep on the last day we were there.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 17, 2008

If you want a good nights sleep go somewhere else. Just because it says Hilton doesn't mean anything. I have stayed at 3 star hotels that were sheer luxury compared to this one! Lumpy bed, no exhaust fan in bathroom, Noisy.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2008

We stayed here the night before an early flight and got a great "park and fly" rate. The staff was friendly. We were put in one of the newly remodeled rooms which was beautiful and very comfortable. The fitness room was in excellent shape with plenty of equipment. The shuttle to and from the airport was very prompt. Even when we left the parking area, the gate attendant was so friendly. My kids ages 11 and 8 also enjoyed the brief stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2008

I was floored when I got into my room, because the price was very cheap for a Hilton (and included breakfast), and the room was beautiful! It was obviously brand new, so new that there was still traces of dust from drywall. The beds were wonderful, the decor was amazing, and the bathroom was awesome. The staff I dealt with were nice and accomodating, and the location was good, but it is rather isolated, so I would suggest visiting with a car if you are there for more then one night. The only bad experiences we had were that there was a stain on the sheets on one of the beds, but Housekeeping was up within minutes of me calling to change the sheets. The room service we ordered the first night was terrible; not at all what the menu described it as. But when I called and spoke with them, they took that charge off. The breakfast that was included in our rate was either for room service or the restaurant, and we opted for room service and it was delicious, and they let us order whatever we wanted, which was a surprise with a coupon. I would definately stay at this hotel again, and would suggest it to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I would have been better off staying at a budget hotel. I would at least expected these conditions. My room, which was suppose to be a non-smoking room was not. I was put on a floor where they were doing construction so the carpet was ripped and furniture was piled in the hall. My room was gross. There were stains on the sheets and the carpet was greasy and matted. After further exploration I found the TV was static, the clock was hours ahead of time and the glasses were dirty.

I then went into the bathroom. Ewww, I found poop smears in the toilet bowl and pubic hair on the floor. I am still having nightmares.

After contacting the front desk about the conditions I was sent a guy to repair the tv. He could not and offered me a free breakfast. He also told me no one was suppose to be put in this room but I was never given the opportunity to change rooms.

The next morning I used my free breakfast and headed back to my room. I had an hour before I needed to be at the airport and decided to take a nap. It was 8:52 when the saw, hammers and a rasping sound started in the room above me.

I finely packed up and went to the airport early. I know what to expect there.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!