“Superb stay and very convenient”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Superb stay and very convenient”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Spent two nights here, overall I was extremely pleased. All staff I encountered, from Front Desk and Shuttle Van to restaurant were all very friendly and customer service oriented. The room was tastefully decorated and was clean and quiet. One added plus, if you are an aviation/airline enthusiast, the hotel has an incredible collection of vintage TWA photos and posters located in both the public areas as well as in the room.

On morning #1, we went for breakfast. The restaurant was perhaps 50% full at the time, but the hostess (extremely friendly) was taking names and seating. It took over 10 minutes plus to finally get seated. The breakfast buffet was superb, only one problem was that a yogurt was over 1-month expired. I certainly hope the kitchen is rotating food supply, or someone may take ill! Because on morning #2 we had a flight at 08:30am, we just planned on grabbing something quick at the terminal as we were concerned how fast we could get in/out of breakfast at the hotel.

After first night, the kleenex in the bathroom was exhausted, maid neglected to replenish it.

Overall, I was impressed with the hotel and the comfort, as well as the friendliness. I will not hesitate to return when i'm in the STL area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us especially related to our service, breakfast and along with our tribute to TWA. We will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ryan Konz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last night, I had the pleasure of staying the night at the St. Louis Airport Hilton. Many times large hotels do not give you the personal attention that you expect. This hotel does. From the front desk to the bellmen, dining room hostess and serving staff to the general manager and group sales manager...caring about the customer is very important. Believe me, you get excellent service and...with a smile. I watched other customers at the front desk receiving the same service I experienced. My dinner was in the dining room. I felt the menu had a large variety of choices (they all looked delicious) . For my entree, I had salmon with a citrus glaze. I was so surprised to get two large portions prepared exactly like I requested. My spinach was cooked perfectly and I loved the roasted potatoes. This morning, I ordered room service for breakfast. The cost of $16 for my "large" All American Breakfast which included juice, coffee and room service charge was well worth it. I felt I received value for the price. A newspaper was even delivered with my tray and came with a big smile. I would suggest to any organizations including travel agencies, who need an airport hotel in St. Louis for groups, you will not go wrong with this hotel. They go the extra mile to put together a package for you in the best possible way to meet your needs. I look forward to my return next April.

Room Tip: Tip: If you have a problem walking, I suggest staying in Tower I. You will be closer to the dining r...
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. It was a pleasure meeting you and we look for serving you and your group next April. Also I will be sharing your warm comments with the team. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel. In our business, just a kind word and a warm welcoming attitude makes us stand apart from the crowd and I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Would most definitely stay here again. Staff was most accommodating and hotel is located directly across from airport. There was NO airport noise in the room. Slept wonderfully while here. Restaurant offers great food, nice wine selection.

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us especially related to our overall accommodations. We will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Best wishes and many thanks,
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son and I took an impromptu trip to St. Louis to do some sightseeing and the only Hilton I could find using points was this one near the airport. PROS: VERY close to the airport. Room was small but very clean and quiet. Beds were super with lots of pillows. Nice staff, gated parking (free with stay). Looks like a nice outdoor pool courtyard but of course it was still closed due to the timing of our trip. CONS: This is not a family destination. They obviously cater to business travelers on expense accounts as the steak house was very expensive ($35 plus per). They will charge you for high speed internet access ~ $14 per day with tax. Nothing in the area. We were lucky to find a Subway not far away but I would not have wanted to get lost in the area. BOTTOM LINE: Business travelers should have no reservations about staying here if you need a quick in / out or you have meetings here. Families would do better by planning ahead and finding something elsewhere. Lots of great attractions in St. Louis - plan ahead and stay close to what you want to see. P.S. The ARCH (downtown) is awesome.

Room Tip: Though close to the airport, our room was facing the airport but the building appears to be well ins...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. After reading your review I am glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and service but I do apologize that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially with parking and Internet. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
St. Charles, Illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There are definite positives to this hotel.

Traveling for a soccer tournament with our teenaged son, we were "assigned" to stay at the Hilton St. Louis Airport. Upon hearing of its location-- literally across the street from the airport-- I was immediately fearful of the noise possibilities. These were put to rest quickly. Gazing out the large picture windows by the elevator, we could watch the planes land-- and it was virtually silent. We also enjoyed the photos throughout the hotel, celebrating the glory days of commercial aviation. The lobby was also quite nice, as seemed the staff. The rooms were clean....

I don't know, though. Maybe because this was a Hilton, and the photographs seemed so nostalgic, I expected a bit more from the hotel.

They charge for internet in the rooms (I know-- lots of hotels do this-- but it is a ridiculous charge that should be stopped). The indoor pool reeked of chlorine. The breakfast buffet was priced like a "better property", but sported the same mediocre food that we could have gotten elsewhere. Several of the ice machines did not work. The rooms were small. The beds were small. The bathroom was small. There are no refrigerators in the rooms (mini-bar or otherwise). Other parents spoke of being able to hear alarm clocks going off in other rooms early in the morning (the excellent external soundproofing apparently did not extend to the interior rooms). Others spoke of really loud ventilation noises. For our part, we had trouble turning on our shower, and flushing our toilet was a bit of a challenge. In short, everything was ultimately functional-- but it showed definite signs of age.

Again, there were positives. For a weary air traveler, the location cannot be beat. That said, I would take the remainder of my vacation stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I glad you enjoyed our service and clean rooms although I understand that you were not satisfied with such things as the breakfast and noise and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this which will be addressed and I assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests.

Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Silicon Valley
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good overall for an airport hotel, and I will stay there again.

Downside -- was not recognized as Hilton Honors Gold, wasn't mentioned, no breakfast certs, no improved room, not even a "thank you for being a member." Ah, the joys of traveling.

In addition, I went to breakfast with my luggage thinking I'd leave directly afterwards, but before I'd checked out, decided to go back to my room for something. They were already cleaning my room (even though I hadn't checked out yet) so I had no choice but to check out at that time :)

Upside -- was very happy printing in the business center was free. Nice perk. The bar/lounge area was surprisingly good and bar food was decent. Room was small but perfectly fine. Yes, overnight parking was $10 but I didn't consider that over-the-top. Breakfast (which I should have had a certificate for, see above) was only $10 and was good.

Very close to car rental areas.

Dear valued guest,

After reading your review I am glad you enjoyed our hotel but I do apologize that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially with not being recognized and your room being cleaned prior to official check out. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Once again, thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Older property that has been completely renovated. Yes, the room was small but was 100% adequate. Very comfortable bed and most importantly, clean room. We were checked-in by Zach and he went out of his way to make sure we felt welcome to the hotel (and we did). Room service was great and despite the on-going stream of guests (all over the building), we had a restful and quiet sleep. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us especially related to our clean rooms and comfortable beds. Also I will be sure to thank not only the team but Zach on their outstanding service.

I do hope that if your travels ever bring you back to our area, we will see you again.

Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!