“A Hilton?”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clayton, New York
“A Hilton?”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here one night (thank goodness). There was no air conditioner in the hallways of each floor- we were therenmid-summer. The staff were rude and condescending. Breakfast was mediocre and expensive. All night long we heard the elevator as it went up and down. Very convienient to the airport w complimentary shuttle. Also, is within walking distance of most rental car agencies.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I’m disheartened to hear the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing an excellent guest experience. I’ve asked our maintenance team to look into the air conditioning units malfunctioning and I’ve addressed the experience you had with our staff. We never want our guests to feel undervalued or unappreciated and I can assure you this issue has been handled. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope that you will be our guest again.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ryan Konz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We didn't stay at the hotel, we just used it to park and fly to Mexico for vacation. The parking was half what we would have paid at the airport. It was gated and we lit. Our car was safe - no problems. The airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes 24/7. Check in at the front desk when you arrive to get the parking tickets you'll need when you leave. Excellent choice for park and jet.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twwcda
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear regarding our Park & Fly Options. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices for airport parking.

I do hope that if you ever need our services again in the future, that you will consider utilizing the Hilton for your Park & Fly needs.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very courteous staff. Friendly and professional. Outstanding atmosphere and accommodations. Enjoyed the comfort of the bed although a little short for tall individuals. Great access to the airport. My room had a very good view of a good part of the airport for airplane enthusiasts.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the airport flightline.
Dear valued guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I will personally thank the entire team at the hotel and again share your warm comments with them all. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guests expectations.

I do hope that if you ever need our services again in the future, that you will consider staying again with us and that it will feel like "coming back to your home away from home!"

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hilton hotels are nice. The Hilton St. Louis Airport is no exception. The interior design is upscale and modern, the desk staff is professional and helpful, and the rooms are clean and spacious. For the business traveler, the challenge is the location and physical property. If you drive in and have to park a car, be prepared to haul your luggage a country mile to get inside the building and in front of an elevator. Depending on the traveler and weather, it could be an issue. Also, be prepared to pay for Internet service, which was a surprise, more so at the room rate paid. (Even the Best Western offers free Internet!) If you have to gas up the rental before dropping it off, better stick to the BP closer to the airport -- the stations further down Natural Bridge Road just don't feel safe at night. If you want a nice meal without the hotel mark-up, it's a little bit of a drive -- after you hike back to your car. The challenge for travelers who need to be close to the airport is that there isn't much to choose from within the immediate area. In its neighborhood, the Hilton is a stand-out. But there may be other locales worth considering.

Room Tip: Opt for Tower 2 so you can park near the ball rooms, which have a small parking area and entrance th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Muttley1975
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel and service. I also saw you comments about the area. As you know our hotel is very convenient to St. Louis Lambert Airport but it is also centrally located to everything in St. Louis. Our hotel does offer several options such as transportation to the Metro Link which gives our guests more options while visiting the area. I am sorry if that was not fully communicated during your stay with us. Please know that feedback is extremely valuable and appreciated.

I do hope that if your travels ever bring you back to our area, we will see you again.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had an early flight out of STL in the morning so I opted to stay the night in this hotel for the night. I was very pleasantly surprised by this property. While the hotel is older, it looks like they've made an effort to keep the interiors updated and fairly modern. While the room was adorable and very comfortable, some of the wear and tear apparent in an old building was visible. I loved the modern furnishings in the bathroom and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in in a long time. I even went as far as ordering one of the pillows from the manufacturer for my home! I look forward to staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear especially related to updated décor and our bedding. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I am very pleased after reading your comments and I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Had a late night arrival from overseas and didn't want to drive the two hours home, so I booked a room here because it was close (across the street) from the airport. My family came out and waited for me, so they hung out in the hotel before I got there. When my flight got in late, and we realized my luggage had been lost, we just went back to the hotel to ask for a late check-out so we could wait for it to be found. Desmond the night manager offered us not only a late check out, but also gave us coupons for the breakfast buffet (which we gave to the kids so we could sleep!) Zack at the front desk was also great. Overall, every member of the staff I saw was friendly, smiling, and helpful- which, in addition to the clean rooms, comfy beds, and nice indoor pool area will make this our go-to hotel any time in the future we need to stay near the airport.

1 Thank D C
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay, we enjoyed having you at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

I will personally thank the Desmond, Zack and entire team at the hotel and again share your warm comments with them all. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guests expectations. In our business, just a kind word and a warm welcoming attitude makes us stand apart from the crowd and I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Royal Palm Beach
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Though this hotel looks like it was renovated not too long ago, it looks a bit dated. It was clean and comfortable...but it just looked old. I stayed in the west wing, which is smaller of the two buildings. The toilet was so close to the shower, I could have used both at the same time. I find it a bit gross that they were that close. Maybe the other towers configuration is different. The front desk staff was extremely friendly...and I was quickly greeted by on staff member that they have stationed at the entrance...nice touch, especially if you have a quick question. Overall it is a pretty good hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel. I will personally thank the entire team at the hotel and again share your warm comments with them regarding our extremely friendly service and cleanliness. In regarding to the room configurations, we do offer several different room configuration options and I apologize the configuration was the configuration that met your needs. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!