“Awesome!!!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

a standard Marriott property, clean rooms and very comfortable beds!
Outstanding customer service, the person working overnight was awesome he is foreign ' french, I guess!!' he totally knows what he's doing !
Very convenient location,reasonable rate and totally worth every penny paid.

• Stayed January 2011
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear Rfranklin252,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We often get nice comments such as yours on the comfortable beds and clean rooms. I will be sure to forward your comments about our outstanding customer service to my team. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed January 13, 2011

My son left his phone in our room. We called back (from the Hotel shuttle!) minutes later. The front desk said they would check immediately and call us back one way or the other. After no call 30 minutes later we called them again and got the same story. To make a long story short, 5 calls to them with no return calls and phone was not found. The phone was not lost, we knew right where it was in the room but could not go back because of catching our flight. Staff was indifferent and Night Manager was no help at all! This ordeal lasted for two weeks and I have never felt so brushed-off in my life!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank GUYvsFOOD21
Dear CHartle,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced after your stay. The level of service you received is not at all the standard we set for ourselves. We are constantly utilizing feedback as a way to improve, and we will certainly address the way your issue was handled. I hope to have you stay here in the future so you may experience the service and hospitality that we pride ourselves on.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Stayed there the night before an early flight out. Typical hotel room but staff provided excellent customer service for my needs. Shuttle to the airport was prompt as ordered which decreases stress. Got a great rate too. Check it out.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear LannD,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our 24 hour shuttle service. I will be sure to forward your comments about our excellent customer service to my team. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 20, 2010

The AC does not work in the rooms in the winter so it's set to a specific temperature. I like to sleep at a temperature lower than the standard 68-70 degrees, so I did not sleep well. The hotel is nice, but the room temperature has a big impact on quality of sleep.

The shuttle driver was a hoot though. Great guy. He loves his job and is very friendly.

Plus, you should know that if you get a south-facing room, you overlook the Hustler of Hollywood store across the street... not the greatest sight at night with a large billboard and lots of neon lights.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This hotel was beautiful both inside and out. We arrived around 7pm and check in took only a few minutes. I purchased the stay and fly package, it was only a few dollars more and I could keep the car in their parking lot and not pay outrageous prices for airport parking.

We had two queen beds and the room was big and roomy and the beds were very comfortable. Since we arrived so late we ordered room service and it was extremely fast, it arrived within 15 minutes of placing the order. The food was delicious. There is a restaurant and a bar where you can eat too. We had to leave early the next morning for the airport but there is a starbucks in the lobby too where you can grab coffee or a quick bite to eat.

The airport shuttle runs 24 hours and we had no trouble getting the shuttle in plenty of time to make our flight. I timed the shuttle ride and it took us 5 minutes to get from the hotel door to the airport drop off.

When we arrived back from our trip, I called the hotel to tell them we had arrived and the shuttle picked us up within 15 minutes and then we were back to our car.

If you need a place to stay near the airport and want a little luxury along with convenience of food and a small store for items you may need to purchase for your trip, this is the place for you!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lawheel
Boston
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I stayed one night at the airport Renaissance in St. Louis based on good reviews here and a rate that was too good to turn down. I was surprised that the hotel felt unwelcoming and somewhat dated.

Pick up at the airport went well, and it was a short ride from the airport to the hotel. Check-in was a weird experience, as the person who checked me in seemed check-out herself. She barely looked up, and seemed a little bothered when I asked her a question about the restaurant hours. This was somewhat typical at the front desk: if there were more than one person at the front desk each seemed to hesitate a bit, seemingly hoping someone else would step forward to deal with me. It did not make a difference, ultimately, in the information I was given, but it was a little off-putting.

It was also hard to get information about the airport shuttle. I still don't know if it's "on demand when people are there to use it" or "every 15 minutes". In spite of not getting a clear answer, I did get a ride to the airport about five minutes after I asked for it so again, off-putting, but not something that caused any problems.

The room I was given was clean, relatively large, with a comfortable bed. I thought the decor was pretty dark and dated. There was not enough hot water in the afternoon but it was fine in the morning.

Very nice fitness center and business center, but I had to pay for access to the business center: it ended up costing $6.00 to print one page.

I'd stay here again if the price was right, but I'd lower my expectations.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank fenwayman
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel before flying out the next day. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is kept immaculate! It is a great deal if you are a rewards member. We paid around $91 and parked there for the week. Beware if you eat and drink there, it will cost a lot! The food and drinks were good, but very expensive! A martini cost $12! If you do eat there, try the seabass. It is excellent!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!