“Have to agree with other reviews - nice room but they really get you with the "extras".”

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed March 17, 2010

The rooms are very clean and comfortable and well appointed. My only complaint with be with the $12.95 charge each day for internet access and then an addition fee to park your car. Why is it that the upscale hotels charge for internet when everyone else is able to provide it for free? I'm a platinum Marriott Rewards member, so starting May 7th, internet will be free for me at all Marriott properties. But it still just doesn't seem right to charge anyone for this. Even with the $12.95 charge, the internet connection was very slow at times. As for the charge per day to park, don't get me started. I can completely understand charging for parking in a downtown location where parking is at a premium, but this property is out by the airport and has a large parking lot surrounding the hotel. There should be some sort of ticket gate to keep people from just parking here for free when going to the airport, but then give your paying guests a pass to cover the parking while at the hotel. So there you have it. I would recommend this hotel for the comfort of the rooms, but with all of the extra charges for what should really be included, I don't foresee this being one of my regular hotels when I'm in St Louis on business each month.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mpls1970

Reviewed March 5, 2010

We were at the Renaissance because of a conference being held at their facility so the location was the primary reason for staying here. I thought the room was great with a nice bumped out windowed alcove that took away the boxy look that so many rooms have. We were a little apprehensive about airport noise, but that turned out to be a non-issue. It was actually fun watching the planes land. The biggest free perk with the place, was the airport shuttle. Because the metrolink to downtown terminates at the airport, the shuttle was an easy way to go to the Arch, for example, without the hassle of driving. If you make arrangements, the shuttle will also take you to a number of nearby restaurants (just ask for the list at the desk) and pick you up when you call. A group of over a dozen of us used the shuttle this way to go out on Friday evening. The hotel also gave us with free on-site secure parking during our stay.
My impressions were not totally favorable however. One of the first things you see when you enter the room, is an inviting bottle of water. As you get closer you see the $4 price tag on it! Then there is the great desk set-up with the comfortable seating. As enticing as that might be, the $12.95 per day fee to get internet connection just makes me see red. I've stayed in a lot more inexpensive places that managed to provide free internet in the room. I'd gladly give up the nice desk set-up in exchange. There is no in-room fridge, although there is a cabinet that specifically would accommodate one. The Continental breakfast is not cheap, and it might make more sense for travelers to wait until they got to the airport to eat, or hoof it over to the nearby Waffle House. We were on the ninth floor and my husband ran out of hot water one evening while he showered.
All in all, this place is great if you are flying in and don't want to use a car. If you are on a business account, I'm sure all the extras will be picked up. If these don't apply to you, I'd shop for a better deal at one of the other airport hotels.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank VEC24
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Used this hotel for overnight stay and parking for trip to the Carribean. Very convenient. Shuttle driver was very pleasant, prompt and efficient. Hotel staff very courteous and helpful. Property was very secure so felt at ease with leaving car for the week. Price was under $100 and very reasonable for the quality of the experience. Hotel lobby was nice with adjacent bar and dining areas. Rooms were very comfortable, roomy and the bed was absolutely heavenly, especially after spending a week sleeping on a rock hard mattress in the Dominican Republic. Amenities were very good. Hotel was quiet and peaceful even though they were having a dance or party in one of the banquet rooms. Really, it was quite relaxing and restful after a three hour flight and prior to a 3.5 hour drive the next morning. Even a Starbucks in the lobby for a cup of Java for the early morning drive home. Would stay here again for the comfortable bedding alone.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ShowMeVegas
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Although I won't elaborate much on the description of the rooms given by other reviewers, since I am in full agreement. Our room was very comfortable. We decided to order room service for dinner, and the food was excellent. The shuttle to the airport runs 24/7 and felt safe. The reason that I will DEFINITELY be a repeat customer is the trustworthiness of the cleaning staff. I left an expensive necklace on the nightstand by accident, and didn't remember until four hours later when my flight was about to take off. I called the hotel, and without giving me any argument shipped my necklace free of charge to my home address.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dragon980
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel. The rooms were decent, carpet was stained, but bed was comfortable. I liked their lcd televisions.

The lamp by the desk wasn't working and there was hair in the bathroom. When I went to the front desk to notify them of this, the Manager, started to get defensive and was very rude to me! He was short in his communications and was not very pleasant, and I had noticed that he was having a confrontation with one of his staff members when I was approaching the front desk. I don't remember his name but he had a southern drawl.

Based upon this. I will stay at the Marriott down the street to get my points and avoid Renaissance at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed only one night while we we're in town for a family wedding. Our 2 granddaughters were with us and they like us wished we could have stayed longer. The next time we go to St. Louis, we'll definitely stay there .

Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed at the Renaissance for 4 nights in mid-May in conjunction with our son's wedding. Being from out-of-town, we relied on the comments and recommendations we read on Trip Advisor to make our chioce, and weren't disappointed! Our daughter-in-law was able to negotiate a very favorable rate for us and the other wedding guests, and from the moment we arrived at the hotel until we checked out we felt welcome. The rooms were clean with nice bedding, and had all the amenities we look for in a hotel. The restaurant and bar were nice, and we enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast, as well as a tasty lunch on two of the days. The outdoor pool and hot tub were closed for repairs/maintenance during our stay, but the indoor pool was available and adequate for our needs. All in all, we found the staff and the hotel to be great, and wouldn't hesitate to book a room there in the future.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
1 mi away
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!