Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Econo Lodge(Saint Louis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsself parkingper dayup to dategreat ratest louisrooms are nicelouis airportpark and flyshuttle servicean early morning flightfitness centerfree shuttlelobbyvaletinternetrunwaymeeting
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance for six nights while attending a training course. I was most impressed with the amazing staff here. I usually stay at smaller properties because I enjoy the personal touch, but the Renaissance staff was as friendly and helpful as anywhere I've stayed. It started with the driver of the airport shuttle, who knew the name of the conference I was attending and welcomed me to St. Louis. It culminated with the bartender/waitress, who - seeing me, a female diner eating by herself - came over twice to talk to me. In between, every member of the staff with whom I spoke went out of their way to be helpful.

The property itself is fine. Rooms were comfortable and very quiet, particularly given how close it is to the airport and the highway. There were a few minor issues (public areas were very cold, main floor women's washroom had no hot water), and there seemed to be a problem with the elevators. Although I personally had no issues, I spoke to several other attendees who were stuck in one for a few minutes. I took the stairs for the week and had no problems.

The food was quite good, both at the conference and in the restaurant. The restaurant was no pricier than you'd expect at a hotel. The gym is small but good.

Overall the hotel itself probably rates a 3 or 3 1/2, but I've given it a 4 because of how terrific the employees were.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bakery
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am and happy you enjoyed the hotel and particularly, the staff. We have a great team and they enjoy delivering hospitality. The air conditioning and cold water will be corrected and the elevators are currently being renovated. We hope you will come back and enjoy the improvements in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a very colorful and elegant decor. The staff is always nice and friendly. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. For the most it's a place a return to every time I visit the St . Louis. I enjoy the lobby and the bars are great. There are 2 places I stay in St Louis with relatives and here . Therefore I will be returning soon and Keep up the good work. Marvelous service always

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rodney C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site; and, thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. It is great to see the positive comments regarding the team’s service. They genuinely enjoy what they do and I am happy you enjoy their hospitality. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights and it was relaxing. Food is a bit pricy but it was good. Room was very modern and very well kept. Had problems getting towels and soap but other than that it was a pleasant stay. I would stay again only if prices would go down a bit

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel yet apologize for the delay in getting towels and soap. Your feedback will help us improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I only spent one night at the Renaissance but found it to be a good hotel. The check in was easy and fast and the hotel staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. The work station was well equipped with multiple outlets for the computer, phone and iPad. I had lunch at the hotel, and while the food was overpriced a little, it was good. The work out facility was better than average with a lot of cardio equipment as well some weights and weight machines. I was attending a conference so the room rate was reasonable for what I got ($94). If I could get the same rate all the time, I may stay at this hotel again, but I am a slave to the Hilton points.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. The positive comments are appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. Hopefully we will see you again and you we can earn your business with the Marriott Rewards program!

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property for a quick overnight after flight was cancelled. The hotel does have 24 hour shuttle service which is very nice.
The room was nice and big especially for having two beds in it.

Did run into a few issues with a mini fridge request and the AC. At checkin requested the fridge and it took two additional calls and 2 hours for it to arrive. Additionally the AC was not working and it took two calls and over an hour to get a maintenance person up to correct the problem.
The lounge was very nice and the staff extremely pleasant and friendly. It overlooks the run way which was entertainment for my 6 year old. The evening offerings were more than sufficient for a lite meal.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for a nice stay near the airport.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. Your recommendation is appreciated. We strive to ensure our guests have a positive experience and will work to improve on the response time for requests/repairs. I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to St. Louis.